• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    Have you got one you are willing to lay in the mud and let get scratched? Just asking, cause those are mighty pretty.

DAve

Don't let the winter gray laminate stock fool you, the one on the bottom is a well used '42 Springfield Armory Field Grade. It is going to get sent to Tim Shuff in the spring for a box-fed, mini-g conversion. I'll use it if the range conditions are...pardon the term...deplorable! :):

The other two? Those are the ones I'll be shooting in CMP matches down the road. I really need to learn to shoot them at distances beyond 100 yards. I guess the weather and ground conditions will determine if I get to learn with them or not.

I'm hoping for Super Bowl in Indiana weather this February!!!

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    If ol' Huff is serious about shooting, he can borrow my M1 for the weekend. Pick your poison Huff ... leather or web sling. Now, if YHJ can whip up a large enough batch of ammo, they'll be on as even a playing field as possible. Who knows? We we might finally figure out which one has official bragging rights.

Heck, with these two jokers on the line (no offense Scott), we can sell tickets just to watch the shooting match of the century.

Just in case the weather take a turn for the worse, I even have 2 winter triggers they can install on their rifles. No excuses for gloved fingers.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    Ammo question: I have many spam cans of pre-clipped HXP from the CMP. Is that good enough? Or should I order 300 of the new made Hornaday or S&B M2 ball that they are now stocking on the CMP estore??

(...none taken T.J.!!! "Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am stuck in the middle...")

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Your CMP ammo will be fine. We'll be shooting full sized "D" targets ar real distances, and only hits count. If you bring some other ammo to shoot, you can walk away with some really good data on your rifle.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    If this event is half as fun as the Carbine event was it will be great!
    I wish one of you would have shown up with a Garand that would have been fun to watch.

Do do we have a link for area hotels?
    I would stay in on post lodging but I assume my weapon would have to be secured in the arms room might be to much of a hassle.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    No camping or hotel for me. Sunset on Feb 11th 2017 is 18:16 so there's plenty of time for me to get back to Indy. If anyone wants to carpool from the Northeast side of town hmu!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2015
    Lexington
    Washington’s Crossing Sale 2016

In honor of the sacrifices made by America’s founders during this holiday season we are offering 13% off — 1% for each of the thirteen colonies — on all purchases of event tickets or memberships. Use coupon code “WashingtonsCrossing2016” to claim the discount before January 3.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I really want to do this shoot. I need to get buy in from the wife first. That's about 50-50 right now. Trying to coordinate schedules.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Jake hadn't been to Atterbury in, like, 900 years because I was, like, literally running his shoots. But do I get love for it? Noooooo ooooo oooooooo. Let's all bow down to the mighty Yellowhouse. He's so awesome! Sheesh. Gag me with a spoon.

People like YHJ because he's likeable. Also, my niece said that you were ugly and wise.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Just registered and took advantage of the Early Bird Special plus the 13% but the clock is running out fast (tonight at midnight).
    This is a FANTASTIC opportunity without any discounts but this made it even better, :rockwoot:

Weather is currently forecast to be in the mid to upper 50's with zero chance of rain !

Washington’s Crossing Sale 2016

In honor of the sacrifices made by America’s founders during this holiday season we are offering 13% off — 1% for each of the thirteen colonies — on all purchases of event tickets or memberships. Use coupon code “WashingtonsCrossing2016” to claim the discount before January 3.

YoungMilsurpGuy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Crown Point
    Is this something that could be shot with a AKMS that has a 30/200 battle zero and with me having about a year's experiance shooting NRA 3 postion smallbore? I mean within about 150 yards, 200 yards I can do some pretty good work with the AK, but with those irons and the decreased velocity and bullet drop outside of 200 things start to get really squirrely.

Is there any of the Carbine classes in Indiana or nearby states from now until early may (im leaving the state then)

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    We're just starting to piece together the 2017 Indiana events.

If you want to know the latest and greatest list of scheduled events, check out Revere's Riders web site ... Revere's Riders | Shooting Sports - American History - Civic Engagement

Here's a direct link to the events page ... Upcoming Events ? Events ? Revere's Riders

As to how well your AK will do at Atterbury ... sign up, bring it out and find out. There is absolutely nothing that can compare to having actual DOPE on your rifle. You might be surprised how well the AK will do in real life compared to all the internet reports.

Top Bottom