Reports of active shooter in Chattanooga, TN; several sites, one officer down.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    "No 'manifesto or diary' recovered in Chattanooga investigation, senior US officials say, but pages of ramblings found"

I'm guessing 'the GOP made me do it' scrawled over and over on some toilet paper, written in crayon.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Do you not think addiction issues and depression could play a role in that? A getting of failure, self loathing, and no meaning in his life might make the concept of martyrdom a more attractive proposition then it would be if he was mentally healthy.

Apparently BBI has nailed it. The murderer was quite ill for some time.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Here is a diagram of how obama was convinced to lower the flag......

a23fb0b49dca194cfdf2de95c172fcb2.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Question, what's the protocols for other nation's flags, when ours is lowered. I drove by a place today, that the Canadian and US flag beside each other, and both were at half mast. I found that odd.

Generally, no flag should be higher up than the home-country's flag. So, if ours is at half mast, any other nation's in the same display should be a little lower than half mast.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Wonder what the average time is between death and the decision to lower the flag to half staff?

It is customary to immediately congratulate Muslims, wait 3 days, and then lower the flags. And before you take offense to this or blame Obama, just remember that this tradition has been in place since the presidency of James K. Polk.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Generally, no flag should be higher up than the home-country's flag. So, if ours is at half mast, any other nation's in the same display should be a little lower than half mast.

Hmmm..... I don't know how I feel about that. It doesn't seem right lowering another nation's flag. I know I wouldn't want ours lowered based on some observance in another country.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Hmmm..... I don't know how I feel about that. It doesn't seem right lowering another nation's flag. I know I wouldn't want ours lowered based on some observance in another country.
    It is only if they are displayed together. If the flag flies alone it can remain at full mast.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Flag_Code#Displaying_the_flag_outdoors
    No other flag should be placed above it.

Some countries do not allow their flags to be flown at half mast at all. Saudi Arabia, for example, because the flag contains the Shahada.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_protocol#Saudi_Arabia

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Last time a Muslim extremist murdered US troops on US soil (Fort Hood), he ordered the flags lowered right after castigating us for jumping to the conclusion that it was a Muslim extremist.

Top Bottom