• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    You have no idea what you are saying. I will take that for what it is intended.
    Yes, we had a great get together last weekend. It was a fund raiser for Riley hospital. We will have more as the weather clears.
    I have a great life. Retired and spend as much time on here as I please. What is that to you.
    You were called out for your delivery. The way you came across was the reason you were put on notice.
    Posts like this one for instance.
    I will suggest that if this place displeases you then find a forum that fits your nature better. If you were to tone it down you might actually make some friends in here. We have invited you to one of our shoots and you declined. How can you become a part of anything if you do not open up to it.

Any group of friends and acquaintances could seem as a clique.

Now, give it a rest.

When I first came to INGO, I was a little taken aback by some of the membership. I`m not a savvy internet guy by any means and don`t really grasp most of the internet protocol, and, being new, didn`t understand the ambience of the site. There were times I scolded some for being so harsh sounding, to me as well as to others. Many times, I considered just leaving and not coming back, but I did make a few friends here, although as of yet, I haven`t actually met them in person. I sense there are many here that I wouldn`t have much, if anything at all in common with, and so, I`d likely not meet them. Or if I met them as part of a group, it might just be polite chatter, but not much past that. I feel there are some here however, that I may well find a deep bond with, whether that bond be over firearms, freedoms, the Constitution, a shared faith in our Lord, or any of a dozen other things we could have in common. I can tell you that Church Mouse has been wonderfully patient and encouraging with me, and for that, I will always be extremely grateful.

I know there are some here, who even never having met me, have decided that they`ll not ever be friends, and that`s alright, because that`s how it is in life. I get how intimidating it would be to meet INGO members in person, after some here have given you a pretty good blasting on issues and opinions. And that`s alright too, because that`s also how the world is. I`m a deeply conservative person, and there likely aren`t many who share convictions that are so far to the right as am I. I can`t, and won`t change, or water down my beliefs and convictions in order to placate those who might take offense to my positions. I believe deeply and strongly in what I believe. I`ve been IM`d by a few souls who have agreed with me on some stances when well established members were very openly, and strongly in disagreement, so I know there are those out there, however hesitant they may be to speak up publicly, that feel as I do.

All that just to say, I`ll never have a ton of REP points, because a lot of the established members are put off by my views, but I`ve never in my life been worried about being one of the cool kids. I could care less about REP points. What I do care about is speaking up, speaking the truth as best as I know it, and not wavering, or backing down in the face of vitriol, or perceived bullying. If any here ever share my views, are conservatives and people who share a love and devotion to the Lord Jesus Christ, and want to be INGO friends, add me. Who knows, maybe one day we`ll get to meet and become real buddies.

And thanks again Tim, for being a really, really great guy!

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I'll note you've never invited me to shoot, given me a ride, or provided me with ammunition. It's obvious that he's elite and one of the Good Ol' Boys and all I rank is a hunk of dead cow between two slabs of processed wheat. Makes me a little sad, really.

Nothing a hunk of dead cow wouldn't fix, though.....:whistle:

LOL! Perfect Blue, perfect!

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Pfttt.

Those are the street walkers of the fedora world. $5 trilby? I can resist that all day long.
    IMG_4900.JPG Wait!!! You mean on St. Patty's Day I was not the ultra sleek and cool older guy wearing the fashionable head gear? But I was in realality a common street walker selling my body on the drunken streets of Cleveland?. . . COOL!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Well.

The beard and sunglasses pull the look together...

That's how you sport a fedora brother!!!!! :)

I saw that and this Belushi SNL skit popped right in my head....

http://jackseattle.cbslocal.com/201...-according-to-john-belushi-snl-vintage-video/

Here’s the transcript – Season 2: Episode 16
    Jane Curtin: This just in: [ speedily ] In Brooklyn, a man walks into a psychiatrist’s office, says, “Doctor, Doctor! No one will talk to me!” The doctor says, “Next?” [ she chuckles heartily ] God, that new writer is just terrific!
    And now, because of St. Patrick’s Day, Mr. John Belushi is here to discuss the luck of the Irish.
    John Belushi: Thank you, thank you very much. Well it’s come that time again, St. Patrick’s Day has come and gone and well the sons of Ireland are basking in the glow. When I think of Ireland I think a lot of colorful Irish expressions like, “Top of the morning to ya,” “Kiss the barney stone,” “May the road rise to meet ya,” “May you be in heaven an hour before the devil knows you’re dead,” “I’d like to smash you in the face with my shalalee,” “Danny-boy,” “Bhagora,” “Wail of the banshee,” and “Whiskey for the leprechauns, whisky for the leprechauns.” But the expression I think most people identify with the Irish, is, of course, the luck of the Irish.
    The luck of the Irish. Sure. Let’s say you’re in a pub somewhere in Ireland, oh, anywhere in Ireland, some guy comes up to you and says, “Hey is that a bomb on you I hear ticking?” And then BAM!!! Your small intestines are on the ceiling and your brains are on your car across the street. That’s the luck of the Irish for ya, who’s kidding who, okay?
    Let’s talk about the bad luck of the Irish, all right? How about this, POTATO FAMINE!! How about that? It scares them, doesn’t it? Well it should. That’s why they came here in the first place. So they wouldn’t have to work in the potato fields. That’s why they became politicians, priests, and cops. Luck? Gimme a break.
    I got a friend, his name is Dan Sullivan, he’s Irish as they come. We used to drink together a lot. After two drinks, he would look like an Irish pirate. You know? You think he had luck? In one day he got his car stolen, and the stupid, he had no insurance, and no license, and he gets locked up for being drunk. And after that, he takes off for someplace like India or Nepal, or someplace like that. And his mother dies, ya know, so they wire him to tell him to come to the funeral. It’s his mother’s funeral, that’s all. And he’s in India or Nepal, sitting squat-legged listening to some sacred cow. So he comes back and he gets stopped at U.S. Customs for trafficking illegal drugs, not holding, he’s trafficking. I mean, here’s this guy Sullivan, his old lady kicks off, he gets popped at the border and he’s sitting on fifty pounds of black Tibetan finger hash and two keys of slam. Now that’s not bad luck, that’s DUMB luck. I don’t think luck has anything to do with it, I don’t think he has any brains at all. First of all, he’s drunk, then he’s a junkie. I don’t know what’s worse. Don’t ask me, ask Sullivan. And what happens? He calls me up and says, “Hey man, I got busted at the border. I need five grand bail.” I said, I said, “Five grand man!? Hey man, I’ve never even seen five thousand dollars in my life, so don’t ask me for it, man, why don’t you ask your mother!!” Which was a dumb thing for me to say because his mother just died. Right now, I got this drunken Irish junkie who wants to kill me because of what I said about his mother being in terminal dreamland. Oh pal. One thing! One thing!!! They love their mothers, boy, oh they love their mothers. It’s momma this, momma that. Oh my Irish mother! Ireland must be heaven, because my mother.. aauugghhh! Aaauugghhh!!!
    Jane Curtin: Well, that’s the news. Good night, and have a pleasant tomorrow.

Last edited:

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I took this post from another thread but it should be mandatory reading to join any forum.

The thing I love about this thread is that it's pretty much open to anyone that wants to participate. There are a few caveats though. If you've met face to face a couple of times and know each other well, making fun of each other is Ok. If you are new to the group and don't have much background, you have to be careful. Think of it like that analogy of a bank account when discussing relationships. You have to put something in before you can make a withdrawal without incurring a penalty. BA, CM and others can allude to my being an idiot when I overthink an issue (a withdrawal) and I don't mind because they've been great in so many ways before (deposits) that their accounts are well funded. Now, if a newbie points out my idiocy as their first interaction, I might just take offense.

This thread is fueled by mutual respect. If someone jumps in and starts making fun of people without doing much to build a rapport, then yes, they'll probably feel like an outsider until they do add a bit. Think of it being a bit like the barber shop scene in 'Grand Torino'.

Oh, and the bar is pretty high now days. At a recent get together, I brought an '88 pre-B that's got a full Cajun Pro kit, polishing, SAO conversion and carbon fiber grips. The trigger breaks right at 2# and it was completely ignored. I'm not grumbling at all, but when there's a feast on the table, some tasty bits gets looked past unless they are pointed out. The thing about that gun is that there were a dozen on the table just as nice, if not nicer. It did not stand out in any way, so it was overlooked by everyone including me. The bar is high enough that it almost takes a Tilted Kilt girl holding a gun to get any attention.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I'm curious, just what are we all doing that you don't think you can do or say? You seem to have an awful lot of dislike for the forum. If it were still functional I'd suggest checking out Indiana Shooter, they have a lot of hate for us over there too, or at least they did until their forum died and was shut down. You would have fit in well. You could have walked right in and said "I've been on INGO for 3 months, I know everything about the place and I'm disgruntled." They would have welcomed you with open arms and taught you some new 4 letter words to use. Too bad they were more interested in things like that than becoming a productive online community. They might still be around if they had.

Glad to see you have us all figured out after such a short time. We're all just a bunch of meanies sitting around just waiting for new members to join so we can alienate them just for fun. We're NEVER helpful or care about anyone else at all. Oh, except for things like this.

I doubt you'll read this far, or bother to check out & verify any of the above quote, or care in the least. That's okay, there are others. Someone else may read it and understand, that makes it worth it. I have no idea if I'm on your ignore list or not. I'm sure I will be soon though, that's just fine as well. I'm sure you aren't the first to put me there and you won't be the last. We'll just have to have someone quote me later on.

Good luck with the forum, I have a feeling you're going to need it if you stick around. A GoDaddy search shows that INGOismean.com is available for $11.99 per year. Have at it.

I normally don't get involved in this, but today I have, to Indiana Shooter is ALIVE and well, just at a new location.

Now you go on to say how great INGO is, and how helpful this group is, you showed pictures, I knew what they all were, didn't need to follow links. I also know what the guys at Indiana Shooter do as well. Same mentality, different group of guys. And just an FYI, I don't believe INGO is brought up there unless someone is shooter'd here and they land over there and complain about here. Since it isn't a web address that is known, don't think we have to worry about that anymore.

They aren't LT6, but those guys are like family to me as well. I have broken bread with, shot with, attended funerals, weddings, etc. When my mother passed, I got some condolences from here, those guys were there. Can they be harsh, insensitive, rude, down right obnoxious? yes. But they are just like you, and I do like you AR They're just a group of guys that didn't fit here.

Top Bottom