• ...and so much more!
  • TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    Cool rifle!

I knew they made a lever action versions; but, I too had never heard of a bolt version. I bought my first semiautomatic .22 in the summer of 1979. It was a Remington Nylon 77 the 10 round, banana magazine version sold by Kmart for $59.99 including a cheap scope(#notthesamescope). I still have it. Oh the irony of me being on the leading edge of polymer technology. It will not be lost on those who know me!
    w0BHJoW.jpg

atticachert

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2016
    NWI
    Cool rifle!

I knew they made a lever action versions; but, I too had never heard of a bolt version. I bought my first semiautomatic .22 in the summer of 1979. It was a Remington Nylon 77 the 10 round, banana magazine version sold by Kmart for $59.99 including a cheap scope(#notthesamescope). I still have it. Oh the irony of me being on the leading edge of polymer technology. It will not be lost on those who know me!
    w0BHJoW.jpg
    Cool gun but that’s not the Kmart one. The Kmart one is green. If you bought it in 1979 it’s probably a 10c. Look at the grip cap there should be a model there.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    Cool gun but that’s not the Kmart one. The Kmart one is green. If you bought it in 1979 it’s probably a 10c. Look at the grip cap there should be a model there.
    You are correct. "Mohawk 10C" is on the pistol grip. I was under the mistaken impression that all the detachable magazine rifles sold by Kmart were the 'Kmart version".

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    All good. Lots of different versions. Hard to keep them all straight..lol.
    There sure were a lot of variants and a lot of rifles total! They made 128,358 of the 10C model between 1972 and 1978.

REMINGTON Nylon Models

When I was a youngster, the local hardware store had the nickel/black version. I used to drool over that one every chance I got.

Top Bottom