P2050032.jpg

And the press with the HIGHLY reccomended STRONG MOUNT

P2050036.jpg

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I don't thinlk that there was probably much flying but lots of puckering going on! LOL​

I was LOL, the wife and daughter were puckering and hat dancing at the same time. ROTFL. Not even a spark came out side of the fireplace.

parkerj112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Hey Andrew, Where did you get the carpet for your bench? I was going to head to Joann Fabrics tomorrow to see what they carried.

Look around at the local carpet stores they sell off the remnants after the installs. Peices under 10x10' most times but good for stuff just like a work bench. Plus Cheapo!! HA HA! I like cheap stuff.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    That's why I really like the carpet. Brass doesn't roll, powder spills don't spread, and I can dump a box of parts out and know they're going to stay where they fall.

Grux

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Carmel, IN
    I just carpeted the top of mine last night. I will post a picture when I am done with everything. My bench is nothing like I was originally going to build. Had to be a lot smaller and cleaner because I decided to build it in the house instead of in the garage (too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter!) Actually.... I didn't build it either.... I bought it.

I'll post pics later.

Grux

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Carmel, IN
    Here is my simple little setup (so far.) I'm new to reloading and I still have some more items to buy...but this is what I have so far.

I actually like the bench. I bought it at online from Walmart and it is actually a reloading bench. Never thought good ole wally-world would sell a reloading bench!

DSC00291.jpg

DSC00289.jpg

DSC00296.jpg

zenbruno

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Grux, what caliber(s) are you set up to reload (can't quite make out those brass cases in the plastic bags)? Looks like a solid bench with a great press that should last a lifetime. This is how most of us started, too -- the basic equipment, a handful of components and a reloading manual.

In fact, the moment after I post this reply to you, the rest of my evening will take place at my own reloading bench. Good times, always!!

Enjoy!

Grux

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Carmel, IN
    Grux, what caliber(s) are you set up to reload (can't quite make out those brass cases in the plastic bags)? Looks like a solid bench with a great press that should last a lifetime. This is how most of us started, too -- the basic equipment, a handful of components and a reloading manual.

In fact, the moment after I post this reply to you, the rest of my evening will take place at my own reloading bench. Good times, always!!

Enjoy!

As of now, just .45 ACP. That will grow and my gun collection grows! The bench isnt bad at all! $85 with free shipping from Walmart. 2 "L-brackets" secure it to the wall and it doesnt move at all!

:rockwoot:

I still need a scale, powder, primers and bullets and then I am good to go!

zenbruno

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Grux, yeah, .45 ACP is mainly what I reload, too. I loaded up a couple hundred tonight for bowling pins and FNS. :)

I basically have three guns that I shoot (one of them being a .22 LR), so not a lot of calibers for me to reload for, either.

The "L" brackets for securing your bench to the wall sound like a good idea; you really can't have a reloading bench that is too solid!

Have you decided what powder/bullet combination yet? I still experiment some, but I've been happy with 200 gr L-SWC on top of 5.0 gr Red Dot out of a full-size 1911.

Keep us posted!

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    The bench isnt bad at all! $85 with free shipping from Walmart. 2 "L-brackets" secure it to the wall and it doesnt move at all!

Grux: Is that the top surface that came with your WallyWorld table? It looks like granite or something similar. The one on their website looks like a composite wood table.

EDIT: Never mind - I see it actually looks like you put some carpet on it - is that correct?

Last edited:

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    My boss at work has a reloading area to rival most of those on here. I've been using it lately with him to learn the art. Recently my wife decided that the guest room upstairs that is split with all my computer stuff wasn't working out. So we're changing to one dedicated upstairs guest room and one dedicated "Man Cave". My brother and I are going to be working on getting a bench built and I've started buying some reloading stuff.

It'll probably never be beautiful at this house, but at the next one I'd like to make a basement separate man-cave that will come close to those on here.

I would like to see this a sticky. Other forums have some pretty amazing pictures in their reloading room stickies.

Top Bottom