• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    ok serioius question. everyones reloading room in every pic i see on this site and others is spotless. is my reloading room the only one that looks like a tornado went through it.

im the only one who can find anything up there but i know exactly where everything is.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    335   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    ok serioius question. everyones reloading room in every pic i see on this site and others is spotless. is my reloading room the only one that looks like a tornado went through it.

No - remember, that was after 10 hours of cleaning. Took me two days to put everything back together. After all that, I'm just going to try to keep it clean. Don't want to have to do that again.

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    Its a little messy but it works for me.

a0ffb1b8.jpg

Last edited:

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Just spent 10 hours cleaning and reorganizing my reloading room. So tired, but worth the time. It's so nice having a clean room.

Anyone have pics of their reloading room? I'd like to see..

10gyc94.jpg

Excuse my ignorance if I am incorrect, but doesn't carpet on the bench pose the risk of static? I honestly have no clue, but it would be good to know. I'd like to add some carpet to my room.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    335   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Excuse my ignorance if I am incorrect, but doesn't carpet on the bench pose the risk of static? I honestly have no clue, but it would be good to know. I'd like to add some carpet to my room.

You know, I've never thought about it. I guess it might in extreme conditions, but I've never had any hint of static.

I really like the carpeting - it gives the benches a nice, finished look. In addition, brass doesn't go rolling all over the place, and if powder spills, its contained.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    You know, I've never thought about it. I guess it might in extreme conditions, but I've never had any hint of static.

I really like the carpeting - it gives the benches a nice, finished look. In addition, brass doesn't go rolling all over the place, and if powder spills, its contained.

Yeah, like I said, I really don't have a clue. It does look comfy though:D

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    I use carpet 2 x 2 carpet squares. They work just like the carpet, and you can pick them up and dump them if you spill. No static problems for me either. Hopefully I can get some photos up next week.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I'd think that'd be hard to clean up? Vacuuming powder is never a good idea. That's why I went with melonite, easy to wipe up... and the white top makes it easy to find little parts like springs.

-rvb

Ya know, you'd think. However, after spilling a half pound of varget into berber carpeting and scouring the internet, I couldn't find one documented instance of powder igniting in a vacuum cleaner. A lot of "just don't do it" but not one photograph of a burnt out vacuum cleaner or melted carpet.

After scraping as much powder I could onto paper sheets and back into the jug, out came the hoover. I'm still here posting. YMMV and I'm not specifically recommending it.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    yea, I've done it, too. the motor [and associated sparking] should be isollated from the collection. not a fan of doing it. primers you could worry about setting off if they got smashed somehow with the brush/belt/etc. but powder is actually the least of the spill concerns... there's oil and coffee and beer and parts cleaner and pepsi and springs and detents and cold blue and .... ... ...

-rvb

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne

I have always had carpet also. Honestly, I never gave it a thought either. Now, if it was black powder rather than smokeless, I would be more concerned.

FatGeek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Aside from the powder spill downside of the carpet, I envy guys with a carpeted reloading area. I am working in a room with a concrete floor and it sucks when a spring or small part goes flying, because it bounces three times, where on carpet, that would be reduced significantly.

Each time I go to Harbor Freight, I forget to pickup the interlocking foam rubber floor pads. They should make it easier on your feet, and should reduce the bouncing and scatter of a dropped part or spring. IIRC, they only cost $5-10 a set of four (2'x2'), so if there is a liquid spill, they can be thrown out and replaced easily.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    My dad, lwilli, and I just got started in reloading. Granted we don't have a whole lot of stuff just yet. And it took us a little while, but we have a start to our reloading room. The room and equipment is at his house. I thought I'd share some pictures of it also.

015.jpg

011.jpg

010.jpg

009.jpg

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    My reloading room is small and not as nicely organized as the OP's. I do have more presses set up however in my defense...lol. I also keep powder in a powder magazine and primers in a safe for safety reasons. There are a couple more presses out of sight to the right as well as my workbench. Under the green towel is a PACT powder dispenser and and the white is a RCBS Lube-a-sizer.

reloadingbenchsmall-1.jpg

Some of the dies set-up for the Dillon presses...

dies.jpg

The reloading and firearms books...

reloadingbooks.jpg

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    384   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Great Picts.

I do not have any picts. up of my reloading room. I do have one question--I do know that PROBABLY there's is no problem, but how many of you out there store your primers+powder together? Or less than one foot from each other?
    I store my primers with my die sets in a wood cabinet 4 feet to the left of my load bench. My powder and bulk bullets (not ammo) 2 feet to the right of my load bench.
    I do not store my gas cans next to my gas furnace either..:dunno::rolleyes:
    Any feedback here??:D

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Don't have any at my place since I don't have any equipment here, but dad has a locking steel cabinet he keeps all his powder and primers and ammo in together. No problems yet... Just decided he didn't want to store them in with the guns anymore...

Top Bottom