• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E7Wrangler

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2016
    Central
    Slowing getting an AR15 put together to play (2 gun, 3 gun, any shooting sport I can) this spring. I am on a pretty tight budget and some of you have already been great help on putting a rifle together. Now I need sights. Looking for recommendations for under $100.00 red dot/reflex sights (I have Cabelas points yehaw!). I know this puts me in lower quality but I am not going to war or betting my life on the sight I just want to play the games sooner rather than later. I can always put the cheaper sight on a .22 if I want to upgrade down the road.

So recommend away both positive and negative recommendations gratefully accepted. Thanks in advance.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Another vote for the TRS-25, with one caveat. Avoid the ones with the emitter at the 6:00 position, with those the dot is not visible in the upper 1/3 of the tube.
    Got one on my Mossberg 835 that I took off an AR. A couple 1000 rounds out of the AR and a couple 100 of 3" and 3 1/2" out of the Mossy and no issues. Not to mention the Mossy gets the snot beat out of it being drug through the woods and brush hunting and the 25 holds zero well.

Slonsteady

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2016
    Plainfield
    Give the UTG 3.8" red/green dot a look on Amazon. I have the QD model and it has held up well. Includes dust covers and battery. You will have $ left over for ammo.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Another vote TRS. Have one on my GP100 with probably close to 200 357mag through it and countless 38 and it still keeps ticking.

I would have to agree with the emitter in the 6 o clock position which I think may be older ones. I have one of those on my S&W 3906 and I'm having a hard time keeping a zero.

E7Wrangler

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2016
    Central
    I know I don't "need" one but what say ye about a flip to the side magnifier with the red dot. UTG has one for about 75 bucks. Certainly not on my highest priority list but would anyone get one?

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Another vote TRS. Have one on my GP100 with probably close to 200 357mag through it and countless 38 and it still keeps ticking.

I would have to agree with the emitter in the 6 o clock position which I think may be older ones. I have one of those on my S&W 3906 and I'm having a hard time keeping a zero.

Bushnell started with the emitter at about 4:00, moved it to 6, then back to 4 after folks complained.

Do I need a riser if my upper has a standard front sight?

Yes, IIRC I used a 3/4" riser for a 1/3 co-witness. There are two packages, one is just the scope and the other has a riser included.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I grabbed up a couple Bushnell Trophy XLT 3-9x40 scopes from Cabelas. They were on sale and Bushy had a factory rebate. Got them for like 50 bucks each and they come with flip caps.

AR's don't have any real recoil. I wouldn't hesitate to put a Simmons on one.

I don't care for a dot sight and prefer to magnify what's about to get lead poison.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    you can find used Vortex Strikefire Red Dots in the classifieds for right at $100... I really like those myself though I am getting a bit old so I am changing to Spitfires now. I also like the Spitfire reticle but those are way out of your price range.

Top Bottom