• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    I took my wife to Point Blank yesterday for her first time ever on the trigger. I brought my G19 and a few boxes of ammo. I went through the lessons of how to safely operate the handgun and properly hold and aim it. This was a huge deal for me because ever since I picked up my first firearm, she has been super nervous and "ify" about guns in the house. I have done ny best to explain to her that guns can be safe if handled properly. It took a long time to convince her to at least learn how to operate a handgun in case of emergency.

I was so impressed with how well she took in what I was saying and her first three hits were right on the money! Here is a photo them. This was at 10 yards. View attachment 38248

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Wow thats awesome! Congrats on such an accurate step in the right direction!

Irishshooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Avon
    My wife was also nervous about guns in the house. And did not understand why I would carry when "it's just to the store down the road."
    I can thank parabelum in Avon and there classes for women for helping with that. She went and loved it. Came home and wanted her own gun. She now carrys.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I have had more than a few women in our ladies guided class that never touched a firearm before leave the range saying they had a new hobby. Some people don't realize that it's important to go slow with a new shooter to avoid scaring them off. Handing them a Casull and telling them recoil is minimal, you will enjoy it might be amusing to some regular shooters but NOT a good first experience. :)
    Sounds like you did your homework and did it correctly, something TO be proud of.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

magus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Central IN
    My step-mother chewed the center completely out of a target at her first NRA pistol basics class... pretty much the first time she'd used a gun. :rockwoot:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    First time I took my wife shooting years ago was in the Nevada desert outside Las Vegas. I handed her my then carry (BG before Glock), S&W mdl 37 cheifs spcl "AIRWEIGHT", and she pulled the trigger on that lightweight snub, and that was that. Years later I let her shoot a .25 auto and progress to 9mm, she has her own Glock-17 and aint too bad, considering I am probably the only one thing she will ever shoot.

Top Bottom