• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Probably not. Just someone forward of the place where Yeager was shooting.

While I usually prefer a more definite answer to "was someone killed" type questions, I'm sure you're correct. The camera angle made it look as though the guy was walking right into the line of fire (and it didn't even appear to be a very controlled fire).

While I really don't have a problem with the down range camera during controlled fire, walking forward of the line during "hey, watch me shoot with 2 fingers" is not something I would personally do.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I still say he's got monkeys tattooed between the empty casings on his arm.
    Nobody ever verified any different...
    so I'm going with that.

YeagerMonkeys_zps0eafa016.jpg

Barrel_o_monkeys_display_medium.jpg

It's OK, James...
    Everybody loves them some crazy monkey.
    monkey_dance.gif

Tinman

I'm just enjoying the show!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    While I like the video, I disagree with his assertion that it's the points of contact that make the rifle easier to shoot.

I think it was Larry Vickers that said it a few years back. (I'll paraphrase here) Your shooting a rifle that weighs 8 - 10 pounds with a trigger that weighs 2 to 5 pounds verse a pistol that weighs 1 to 2 pounds with a trigger that weighs 5 to sometimes upwards of 10 to 12 pounds. It only makes sense that if it takes more pressure to pull the trigger than it takes to move the weapon, it's going to be harder to shoot well.

Made sense to me then, still does today.

Tinman....

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    While I like the video, I disagree with his assertion that it's the points of contact that make the rifle easier to shoot.

I think it was Larry Vickers that said it a few years back. (I'll paraphrase here) Your shooting a rifle that weighs 8 - 10 pounds with a trigger that weighs 2 to 5 pounds verse a pistol that weighs 1 to 2 pounds with a trigger that weighs 5 to sometimes upwards of 10 to 12 pounds. It only makes sense that if it takes more pressure to pull the trigger than it takes to move the weapon, it's going to be harder to shoot well.

Tinman....
    I can appreciate that explanation. I think there is truth to both though.

From a phsyics/structural standpoint the points of contact make sense as well. Think of a long arm on a crane. The very end of it has a considerable amount of movement and "wobbly-ness." But if you brace it with even a single support partial way to the end of the boom at a 45 degree angle it makes it significantly more rigid and stable.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I still say he's got monkeys tattooed between the empty casings on his arm.
    Nobody ever verified any different...
    so I'm going with that.

YeagerMonkeys_zps0eafa016.jpg

Barrel_o_monkeys_display_medium.jpg

It's OK, James...
    Everybody loves them some crazy monkey.
    monkey_dance.gif

:laugh:
    Although I'm sure those are the cartridge links for a belt fed weapon like a SAW, this is hilarious...

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT

Tinman....

Compare a tuned 1911 with a 1.5lb trigger and a GI M16 with an 8lb trigger at 100yds and let us know how that theory plays out. It'll be easier to get hits with the rifle.

There's some truth to it, sure. But as the sole explanation, it's seriously lacking.

Top Bottom