• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You are exactly correct. Knowing what to do is a far cry from being able to do it, and many shooters fall into that trap.

We don't have to look too far to find the examplar for falling into that trap. I see him every time I look in the mirror. :D

I noticed James pointed out that this grip came from the competition world but he seemed to imply that it wasn't cool. Like the competition world managed to get something right for a change. I guess I should not whine he did acknowledge it.:)

Hey, "IPSC will get you killed" and nothing good ever came out of shooting competion. Well, except for the entire Modern Technique of the Pistol and virtually every technique that descended from it. Other than those trivial things, nothing useful ever came from competition.:evilangel:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I guess we will have to rely upon the bad marksmanship of the bad guys.:)

1830111044671.jpg

:D

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Maybe not, but it's so overused that it's lost all meaning. I have a hard time taking anything with tactical in the name seriously.
    Agree. Tactical pants, tactical socks, tactical glasses, even tactical weapons: what do pieces of equipment have to do with actual tactics? Nothing. Anything can be used to contribute to, or be tied into, one's tactics, even the most mundane item. Should sand be labeled tactical because it can be used tactically, i.e. thrown in an opponent's eyes?
    "Tactical" is the new "assault weapon."

*sorry for the :hijack:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Hey, "IPSC will get you killed" and nothing good ever came out of shooting competion. Well, except for the entire Modern Technique of the Pistol and virtually every technique that descended from it. Other than those trivial things, nothing useful ever came from competition.:evilangel:[/quote]

You are a magnificent bastard without peer! If you ever get around to writing it I will read your book.:patriot:

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Tactical is so overused that its being tossed around in my MBA classes!!! :runaway:On a paper my group wrote a few weeks back for a Strategy Class, the professor deducted some points because our discussion was too "tactical" - focused more on tactics than strategy!

With that out of the way, how many of you fondled your pistol while watching that video and tried out that grip?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Tactical is so overused that its being tossed around in my MBA classes!!! :runaway:On a paper my group wrote a few weeks back for a Strategy Class, the professor deducted some points because our discussion was too "tactical" - focused more on tactics than strategy!

Ironically, that's a far more appropriate use of the term than we see in "our world."

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Ironically, that's a far more appropriate use of the term than we see in "our world."
    Agreed. "Tactical" would be an approach that is too focused, if you are looking for strategic. "Operational" would be too broad.

My understanding of these terms comes from MCDP-1 Warfighting. I highly recommend it.
    sorry for the :hijack:

5shot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    Here's my one hand grip:

gripg22.jpg

And here's how it works using a Sig P239:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3INYchmup8o"]YouTube - Point Shooting - One Handed[/ame]

Last edited:

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    James Yeager is Scum! This site gives you some info on james yeager and personally I don't like the guy.

Damn, so you believe everything on that web site? So you don't like him personally because of the web site, please explain? Have you ever met him in person? Have you ever had any communication with him? Have you taken any of his classes?

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Damn, so you believe everything on that web site? So you don't like him personally because of the web site, please explain? Have you ever met him in person? Have you ever had any communication with him? Have you taken any of his classes?

Actually I know him from Iraq.
    Yes I have met him in person.
    Yes I have communicated with him before. I am also hoping never to talk to him again.
    No I will never take a class from him.
    And no I will not trash him in a public forum.

:twocents:

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Remember your High School Physics: For every action there is an equal but opposite action; otherwise, the object moves. i.e. there is motion.

Let the fired cartridge do the moving and not your grip. Whatever your hold, if it works for you, then it works.

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    Actually I know him from Iraq.
    Yes I have met him in person.
    Yes I have communicated with him before. I am also hoping never to talk to him again.
    No I will never take a class from him.
    And no I will not trash him in a public forum.

Fair enough.

Top Bottom