• ...and so much more!
  • deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    I’ll start by saying I’m intrigued by these and have read all the dislikes. Including Staccato, Staccato, Staccato… I don’t want to spend Staccato money but would like to get into the DS 1911 style. I’m sure it’ll need some tuning but that’s something I like to do myself. Anyone had one for a spell now care to weigh in on their experiences?

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I am interested in the Prodigy but I think I'm going to wait a while and see how everything shakes out because there's still a lot of people reporting problems with them either extracting or failure to feed. I'd like to see those problems get ironed out before I even think about buying a new one.

The Staccato is cool, but it's not that price tag cool

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield

Disconector , ejector tuning , 15# recoil spring and if you feel it warrants it a trigger kit upgrade and fit.

Yn6R3Xh.jpg

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Oracle Arms is a new startup trying to play in this market too. And one of their biggest advantages is the cost of Magazines.

I don't think they plan to have them in Consumer hands until 2024 though sometime

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Da**it Dean

Sorry :abused: , if the Prodigy I played with at NRAAM is an good example of the rest of Springfield's production I would agree with Hilton's assessment myself but he is a 1911/2011 SME in my opinion. My MC Operator was the same way before I sent it off to the genius that is Ray Saltzman

tyTFy0Y.jpg

Going to have a new barrel fitted soon as I have shot the barrel link retaining pin loose :abused: and it's a good excuse to get a threaded barrel

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Sorry :abused: , if the Prodigy I played with at NRAAM is an good example of the rest of Springfield's production I would agree with Hilton's assessment myself but he is a 1911/2011 SME in my opinion. My MC Operator was the same way before I sent it off to the genius that is Ray Saltzman

tyTFy0Y.jpg

Going to have a new barrel fitted soon as I have shot the barrel link retaining pin loose :abused: and it's a good excuse to get a threaded barrel
    Is Ray Saltzman now doing gunsmithing work for us mere mortals? I heard he was only doing work for law enforcement? :dunno:

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    @deo62 I picked up a BUL Armory SAS2 Tac Lite and would suggest you check them out. I've had mine for 3ish months and it has been reliable with everything I've fed it. BUL also has other ds models worth checking out.

View attachment 275221
    Their V8 ported model coming out this year has my attention. Everything i have seen from bul so far looks like great reviews.

I think with some little work the prodigy can be a great gun as well. However, for a few hundred dollars more you lose MIM parts and can get into one of the Buls.

To OP these fall in-between the price point of the prodigy and the Staccato.

Top Bottom