• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    My son,brother and brother-in-law(with others) are in.

Personally I avoid FB,If anyone would contact ALL the candidates in the upcoming midterms to give them a heads up. Good opportunity for one on ones with them. Seems most of them are 2A fellas so let them prove it, just a thunk !

Last edited:

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Anybody got a 40 spare Benjamins sitting around to burn? a rich uncle perhaps?
    No? OK ... still working on things then. more to follow later.

any one want to speak? LMK - Other ideas?

Signs - make them relevant to the current issues. and its OK to show empathy in a sign; but still say NO more erosion of our rights. (well maybe, on that first part.)

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY

Signs - make them relevant to the current issues. and its OK to show empathy in a sign; but still say NO more erosion of our rights. (well maybe, on that first part.)

Greg Garrison may have some time since he's not on the radio anymore ? FB maybe ?
    And Amazon has a great selection of flags for this event. Personally I will have a NRA flag but still trying to decide on AR-AK-Muzzle loader Hmmmm

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

I have plenty of material from testifying at committee hearings and can speak. I'll do my best to keep the stats to a minimum .

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    OK OK OK -

For now and pending - only the availability of one of the war memorial parks for a larger crowd and better ability to hear the Speakers
    - - - the Venue IS the south walk at the state house ...
    There is a new FB event - Sadly we needed to do this to give the local folks in charge control over the actual event information

https://www.facebook.com/events/915216518655757/

Please, if you've signed up for the one up thread - check this one and re-sign in to this one - so it will help us track numbers.

This is an O.C. friendly event (there is some language there by Nat. Committee) BUT please read the PINNED POST for all the details - we're adults working on FREEDOM.
    Be Safe Be Responible.

Get the info out. There is room at the state house for 4,000 to 5,000 along the walk / cultural trail - let's fill it.

If you're not on facebook - please help me keep a track on this thread:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...nt/451983-indianapolis-2a-rally-14-april.html

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    So my son (15) would like to carry a gun at this rally. I explained to him that it's not legal to do so. He's pretty bummed - could he carry his air rifle? He's got a pellet gun - or do you think it's a bad idea?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'll have on my INGO hat, and if weather permits, will be wearing my olive Appleseed shirt. Seems fitting given the proximity.

I'd say we should move this to the 19th, but unlike those a**clowns, we actually have jobs and are productive members of society. I'll take being off a few days for the increased turnout.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    OK OK OK -

For now and pending - only the availability of one of the war memorial parks for a larger crowd and better ability to hear the Speakers
    - - - the Venue IS the south walk at the state house ...
    There is a new FB event - Sadly we needed to do this to give the local folks in charge control over the actual event information

https://www.facebook.com/events/915216518655757/

Please, if you've signed up for the one up thread - check this one and re-sign in to this one - so it will help us track numbers.

This is an O.C. friendly event (there is some language there by Nat. Committee) BUT please read the PINNED POST for all the details - we're adults working on FREEDOM.
    Be Safe Be Responible.

Get the info out. There is room at the state house for 4,000 to 5,000 along the walk / cultural trail - let's fill it.

If you're not on facebook - please help me keep a track on this thread:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...nt/451983-indianapolis-2a-rally-14-april.html
    You are on it Bill! Keep thinking good weather and HUGE!

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I'll have on my INGO hat, and if weather permits, will be wearing my olive Appleseed shirt. Seems fitting given the proximity.

I'd say we should move this to the 19th, but unlike those a**clowns, we actually have jobs and are productive members of society. I'll take being off a few days for the increased turnout.

Interestingly a quick look at some history and number crunching ... Easter Sunday 1775 was: 16th April 1775
    So the 18th was Tuesday, 19th a Wednesday and 20th A Thursday. ...
    Given that the 20th the number of folks surrounding Boston - was equal to the population of Boston at the time ... - that like getting about what 900,000 to 1 Million - to surround Indy on I-465?
    and doing next week on the 5th ...

Let's just get as many as we can here so the State Leaders realize we are more than just a few squeeky voices.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Is INGO swag encouraged, discouraged, or neutral at this shindig?

To quote from the FAQ / PINNED POST:
    DRESS: There is no specific dress code for this event. We would RECOMMEND and PREFER that you dress as you normally would. There is no need to create a false or impressive image. Dress in comfortable and weather appropriate attire. We are trying to show that we are normal people, who choose to be prepared; and part of that preparedness, is that we are armed.

Mainly we're trying to avoid "battlerattle" "range/mall Ninjas" and "IplayCODismKids" BUT - it is a request .... we're adults - you're adults - ... etc etc.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    So my son (15) would like to carry a gun at this rally. I explained to him that it's not legal to do so. He's pretty bummed - could he carry his air rifle? He's got a pellet gun - or do you think it's a bad idea?

We had kids carrying air rifles in the past; Thanks for the reminder, kids would not be allowed to carry a firearm, per IC; I probably need to add that.
    The main concern I'd have with the airgun, outside of legal issues, is muzzle control for the duration (unless you can setup a sling or something);
    at 15 he should probably be able to handle it ...

Perhaps Denny or Kirk or one of the other officers or attorney's can offer insights. I will look because I'm sure you're not the only one gonna ask this.

Thanks for a good question and reminder of another issue. ...

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    What IC says that a minor can not carry an unloaded rifle? I am not trying to stir things up. It was my impression that minors could still hunt unaccompanied. When I was young it was not uncommon to see a couple of older teens carrying their shotguns from home to the marshes and back.

And that was in New Jersey. But that was in New Jersey. I do not if it was or is that way in Indiana.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    We had kids carrying air rifles in the past; Thanks for the reminder, kids would not be allowed to carry a firearm, per IC; I probably need to add that.
    The main concern I'd have with the airgun, outside of legal issues, is muzzle control for the duration (unless you can setup a sling or something);
    at 15 he should probably be able to handle it ...

Perhaps Denny or Kirk or one of the other officers or attorney's can offer insights. I will look because I'm sure you're not the only one gonna ask this.

Thanks for a good question and reminder of another issue. ...

He would be very mindful of muzzle control.

Several ingo members can vouch for his safe handling practices as we've been shooting with lots of members over the years.

I'll wait for your reply and guidance before letting him know one way or the other.

Thanks for checking into this for me.

Top Bottom