• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    So did anyone else get the VERY offensive email from Meijer concerning all the vendors they support that are LGBTQXYZ???

BTW, if you like to twist tails that deserve to be twisted, order an LGBT sandwich next time you get a gay waiter (tomorrow?). When he stomps away, and the manager arrives to see what the problem is, calmly explain that you wanted a BLT with guacamole....
    Wow. Didn't know I was sooooooo woke. I eat LGBT sammiches EVERY month throughout the year.:coffee:

Bartman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I have a question. Maybe it’s a dumb one legally speaking. Let’s say I go to work and I’m telling off-color jokes or talking loudly with a co-worker about NSFW material. I may not be propositioning anyone directly but that would still get me in hot water with HR.

So if an employer pressures an employee to participate in LGBTQRST themed events, couldn’t this be construed as sexual harassment since the events are, by definition, concerned with sexual themes?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I have a question. Maybe it’s a dumb one legally speaking. Let’s say I go to work and I’m telling off-color jokes or talking loudly with a co-worker about NSFW material. I may not be propositioning anyone but that would still get me in hot water with HR.

So if an employer pressures an employee to participate in LGBTQRST themed events, couldn’t this be construed as sexual harassment since the events are by definition, concerned with sexual themes?
    No. Politics is why.

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    So if an employer pressures an employee to participate in LGBTQRST themed events, couldn’t this be construed as sexual harassment since the events are, by definition, concerned with sexual themes?
    In my opinion it should be because you're right it is a topic primarily addressing sexual themes. If you turn it around and say an employer requires employees to participate in a straight themed event, say for example an employer or supervisor 'inviting' all employees to their wedding in order that they feel compelled to participate and even give gifts because the implication is not participating has career consequences, that would be beyond inappropriate. But companies in an attempt to curry favor with the militant gay faction have jumped right past equality into this forced acceptance and even celebration without ever considering the beliefs and values of the other employees.

I don't think anyone should be forced to celebrate that which they don't endorse so long as they can reciprocate and not condemn the same in the forum of a values-neutral workspace. Companies only need protect equality not cater to one value system over another. Athletes need not wear flags on their uniforms of values they don't embrace or really even need to have any endorsements except for their team logo. (NASCAR excepting, their entire uniform is one giant endorsement billboard). No one should be forced to bake cakes or otherwise participate in something they don't support not because they don't support it but because it's simply their right to refuse service at their discretion. The only thing government and (to the extent that it's their responsibility) employers need to do is keep things fair and equal for all. If you can't discuss politics or religion at work then likewise don't discuss your bedroom activities... Who's in that bed is irrelevant. Save the moral judgements for the privacy of your own home and probably also your place of worship. I'll leave it at that because the next point I have to make really incites the bible thumpers and I'm not looking to derail the topic.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    In my opinion it should be because you're right it is a topic primarily addressing sexual themes. If you turn it around and say an employer requires employees to participate in a straight themed event, say for example an employer or supervisor 'inviting' all employees to their wedding in order that they feel compelled to participate and even give gifts because the implication is not participating has career consequences, that would be beyond inappropriate. But companies in an attempt to curry favor with the militant gay faction have jumped right past equality into this forced acceptance and even celebration without ever considering the beliefs and values of the other employees.

I don't think anyone should be forced to celebrate that which they don't endorse so long as they can reciprocate and not condemn the same in the forum of a values-neutral workspace. Companies only need protect equality not cater to one value system over another. Athletes need not wear flags on their uniforms of values they don't embrace or really even need to have any endorsements except for their team logo. (NASCAR excepting, their entire uniform is one giant endorsement billboard). No one should be forced to bake cakes or otherwise participate in something they don't support not because they don't support it but because it's simply their right to refuse service at their discretion. The only thing government and (to the extent that it's their responsibility) employers need to do is keep things fair and equal for all. If you can't discuss politics or religion at work then likewise don't discuss your bedroom activities... Who's in that bed is irrelevant. Save the moral judgements for the privacy of your own home and probably also your place of worship. I'll leave it at that because the next point I have to make really incites the bible thumpers and I'm not looking to derail the topic.
    As a reply to both you and Batman, yes. You clearly see the incongruity in today's corporate endorsements.

Like most everything else, it has gone so far that anyone attentive and willing enough can wrap it around to bite them in the arse.

Recently at one of our Workplace Diversity and Inclusion meetings where the company's goal of having a non-hostile workplace was expressed, I asked how the current endorsement of ultra-sensitivity to any over-heard conversation and encouragement to report such things to HR made a non-hostile environment for me when I am forced to measure and weigh everything that I say under threat of being reported. That seems pretty hostile to me.

The presenter said they would pass my question on to HR. I've heard nothing and don't expect to.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    As a reply to both you and Batman, yes. You clearly see the incongruity in today's corporate endorsements.

Like most everything else, it has gone so far that anyone attentive and willing enough can wrap it around to bite them in the arse.

Recently at one of our Workplace Diversity and Inclusion meetings where the company's goal of having a non-hostile workplace was expressed, I asked how the current endorsement of ultra-sensitivity to any over-heard conversation and encouragement to report such things to HR made a non-hostile environment for me when I am forced to measure and weigh everything that I say under threat of being reported. That seems pretty hostile to me.

The presenter said they would pass my question on to HR. I've heard nothing and don't expect to.
    Exactly. If you don't think or speak like them they will be out to get you. That's not diversity and inclusion.. So you are forced to keep your mouth shut.

A lot of Republicans in the workplace have to walk on eggshells fearful of losing their jobs.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Successful business focuses on making money, but people being what they are, I've noticed corporate leadership establishing unwritten policies that they expect employees to follow, if they want to improve their lot in the company. Faced with this your only option is to just move on to another job if you don't agree with management's beliefs.

I still don't understand the whole woke/gay corporate thing unless the product or service they are providing is aimed at hipsters. The woke/gay disney culture would seem to be disastrous trying to market that to young families, so maybe big woke/gay business is trying to just change American values country wide.

I really don't want to think about "hipster america" if that's where we are heading.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    It is pride month and I will take pride in a job well done. I will tell my nieces and nephews that I am proud to be an uncle to such fantastic people. I will compliment others so they can be proud of who they are and what they have accomplished.
    I will not compliment a person on their gender or sexual preferences.
    I am proud to be a member of INGO.
    I am proud of those individuals on INGO that offer good discussion and help out others.
    I am proud of ours Mods who work hard to keep INGO a place we can enjoy.
    I am proud to be an American.
    I am proud to be a gun owner.
    Having pride in what is good, right, and just, for one's accomplishments and for the purpose of building others up (self-esteem), is the right way to be!

Having 'pride' in one's sexual orientation or distortion...is not something to truly be 'prideful' about...it's arrogance, pure and simple!

During Pride Month, and it should be a friendly reminder that God finds homosexuality as an abomination (Lev. 18:22).

Everyone knows the story of Sodom (Gen. 19) in which God deemed it appropriate to rain hellfire from Heaven to destroy this wicked city. God sent two angels to save Lot and his family from this judgement. When the angels arrived, the men of the city (both young and old according to Gen. 19: 4), wished “to know” these two angels (i.e., homosexual gang rape) according to Gen. 19:5. In Gen. 19:9, we see that the men threaten to “deal worse with” Lot than they would with the angels. God delivered Lot and his family (except for Lot’s wife, who disobeyed God) according to Gen. 19:26...and the city of Sodom was completely destroyed.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom