Not open for further replies.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    This thread is going about how I expected. Haha!

Today was a very good day for me. I watched the Inauguration, thought Lady Gaga just slayed, found President Biden's speech to be excellent, and Amanda Gordon's poem hit me in the feels.

I know some of you are not feeling the same way today and I wish there was something I could do to ease that. I hope, in the next 4 years, that, as a country, we become more united and find strength, love, and compassion in our commonalities.
    Since this is a gun forum, have you read their gun plans? Not exactly a shining example of 2A support. https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    I don't normally link to CNN, but here's what Biden plans for the immediate future. One interesting action is to make sure illegals are counted on the census for apportionment tallies of Congress critters. Isn't that lovely, not legal to vote, but you must be represented!

Also, this quote from the article is ironic in that his plan was shared with administration allies AND CNN.
    "He plans to follow Inauguration Day by centering each day of January on a specific theme, according to a draft of a calendar document sent to administration allies and viewed by CNN."

Anyhow, here's the article: https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/20/politics/executive-actions-biden/index.html

Thanks for the link, I'd been looking for a breakdown.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I hope, in the next 4 years, that, as a country, we become more united and find strength, love, and compassion in our commonalities.

The States were founded upon the values of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Unity is not a fundamental american value. We agree to disagree.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I've read the whole thread and would like to point out a glaring conundrum. There's more than a few different opinions here but people can share their views or vehemently disagree without berating and demonizing their opponents. It's what they call civility in DC but they don't have a clue about what it really means.
    We should all be livid about the fact that DC legislators, people WE pay 6 digit salaries, find it impossible to be civil with each other long enough to do their job. (Maybe they need someone like CM herd the cats in DC)
    No matter what your political leanings are we all want solutions to some serious problems, I don't believe that's expecting too much. Simple fact is that if the Rat Bast*rds solved problems they wouldn't have a job so they just accuse each other of being racists and Nazis while watching the country burn and collecting their fat paychecks.
    We need to expect/demand that they learn the definition of compromise and find answers rather than play the "I know you are but what am I" game that they play every hour of the day. Their plan is to keep us at each others throat so we don't see what a bunch of ineffective slugs they ALL are. DC's playbook is divide and conquer and they are closing in on their goal. At this point they have us where they want us and are just holding the ball until the clock runs out. Are we going to let them torch the system or start holding their feet the fire for results?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The States were founded upon the values of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Unity is not a fundamental american value. We agree to disagree.
    Nor were life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness.... when the “States were founded.”

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    In the Declaration when the States claimed their sovereignty and seceeded from Britain.
    I’m clear where the statement comes from. I just question the you understand of the applicability. Hence why I disagree with stating it was a fundamental right at the time of our nation’s founding.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I think a dangerous precedent was set by how the left (which you are obviously one of) treated a president the last four years. There will be no unity. We may not have the media to help us badmouth whoever is in charge, but I imagine people will find a way to make their dissatisfaction known. I’m sure many will be more prudent with their spending, for example.
    Like...
    Burn down cities
    Not my President
    Constant investigations
    Impeachment
    Etc
    Etc

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I’m clear where the statement comes from. I just question the you understand of the applicability. Hence why I disagree with stating it was a fundamental right at the time of our nation’s founding.

I said nothing of the "nation". I clearly stated the States.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    This thread is going about how I expected. Haha!

Today was a very good day for me. I watched the Inauguration, thought Lady Gaga just slayed, found President Biden's speech to be excellent, and Amanda Gordon's poem hit me in the feels.

I know some of you are not feeling the same way today and I wish there was something I could do to ease that. I hope, in the next 4 years, that, as a country, we become more united and find strength, love, and compassion in our commonalities.
    I will extend the same degree of hospitality the left showed me for the past 5 years.

Not one ounce less. Enjoy living in china.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom