Not open for further replies.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Well Joe, you're in. Remember, you promised 100,000,000 new vaccinations in your first 100 days. Better get to work cause I am sure the media will be fact checking and analyzing your every action in detail.
    They've had four years of practice, so they should be good at it.

I'm not exactly sold on the "just get the first shot and hope we have enough later."

Anywho, here's to hoping some tensions can be eased.

Like T.lex said, cautiously pessimistic.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Whilst munching on my peanut butter and Ritz crackers, I wondered if Biden would start tearing down the new sections of big, beautiful wall .... all those caravans are going to need an open border, I imagine.

I doubt he'll tear anything down. They won't vote in the midterms.

The people that might are the ones who are already here. I believe him when he says the immigration reform will be very early on. Depending on the specifics, I actually like some of what he's said he'll propose. There's more of my opinions in the Immigration Thread; I know my position isn't popular around here. ;)

But, we'll see what the specifics are.

Gd999

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 24, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I doubt he'll tear anything down. They won't vote in the midterms.

The people that might are the ones who are already here. I believe him when he says the immigration reform will be very early on. Depending on the specifics, I actually like some of what he's said he'll propose. There's more of my opinions in the Immigration Thread; I know my position isn't popular around here. ;)

But, we'll see what the specifics are.
    He’s gonna grant every illegal living here amnesty. 11 million supposedly ( when it’s really 30 million by conservative estimates)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    He’s gonna grant every illegal living here amnesty. 11 million supposedly ( when it’s really 30 million by conservative estimates)
    Well, my understanding is that its probably in the area of 15M. I have a hard time believing 10% of our population is illegal.

And, he can't do amnesty by executive order. Maybe some sort of mass pardon to remove some procedural impediments, but that would be a disaster politically.

No, he's got both houses (for as long as he can keep them). Better to do this legislatively, modeling it on what Reagan did in the 80s.

There will be protestations of pathway=amnesty, but if he has the votes then that won't really matter.

Again, much depends on the specifics.

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    When does Hunter get appointed to head the Office of National Drug Control Policy? Or is he the new Ambassador to China? Maybe he's taking his "I sell influence from my Father" tour around the world.
    Next level stuff now. He did a trial run.

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    Whilst munching on my peanut butter and Ritz crackers, I wondered if Biden would start tearing down the new sections of big, beautiful wall .... all those caravans are going to need an open border, I imagine.

Probably just post new signs to show where to go around it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well yeah, but it’s really not as sinister as it seems. He’s going to ask that those person be granted a legal status to allow for a pathway to citizenship. From understanding, it’s an 8 year plan. We don’t have to like it, but we have to start somewhere. Ideally, felons, and others who commit crimes during that time should be excluded from the program, and once we have everyone eligible locked in, then we lay the hammer down on any illegals afterward. I honestly, after that point, wouldn’t have issue with ending birthright citizenship, and creating a law, federally, that prevents illegals from obtaining any type of benefits.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Well yeah, but it’s really not as sinister as it seems. He’s going to ask that those person be granted a legal status to allow for a pathway to citizenship. From understanding, it’s an 8 year plan. We don’t have to like it, but we have to start somewhere. Ideally, felons, and others who commit crimes during that time should be excluded from the program, and once we have everyone eligible locked in, then we lay the hammer down on any illegals afterward. I honestly, after that point, wouldn’t have issue with ending birthright citizenship, and creating a law, federally, that prevents illegals from obtaining any type of benefits.

1. Wasn't that the plan under Reagan? Didn't work out too hot did it because here we are again.

2. Kut, you sound like a xenophobic isolationist Trump supporter...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom