Not open for further replies.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Yep. The problem with executive actions is that they are in effect only so long as the executive wants them to be. Making any kind of actual, long-term difference requires passing legislation. And even when Republicans controlled the legislative process, they couldn't agree on the kind of thing that might keep any of them from the cushy fallback job were they to lose their next election. Neither major party wants any of that, and Trump wasn't able to strongarm them enough to force it through anyway.
    You can't make such a law unless you're in power. And if you're in power, why make a law if it limits your power?

Last edited:

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Children can pray in school. Teachers can pray in school. Students can pray with each other in school. Students can't be led in prayer in school by anyone with authority (teachers, admins, coaches, etc.). But that doesn't stop anyone from praying.

Nobody is required to be there listening to Biden.
    I think you're wrong here. You know what would happen if a teacher led a group of students, present in a voluntary setting, in a prayer or bible study or anything else related to Christianity.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The way some people here complain about everything he says, you think they were being forced to.

Meh, I guess someone has to listen to catch his lies and gaffs.
    The alternative is what? Simply ignore him for the next four years and focus on 2024? Like the media and left did with Trump?

The big difference is that had they shut the F up and allowed Trump to do the things he attempted the entire country would be better off. Do the same thing with Biden and the country will be dissolved and divided up to the highest bidders.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    At the very least it shows the rest of the world that we can't be dismissed as anti-environment (Paris Accords), frivolous spending (wall), bigots (Muslim Ban)
    The approval of fools is NOT beneficial.

The Paris Accords are nothing but redistribution that calls for our money to be spent, our economy to be harmed, and many others to continue as they were.

Do some research on how much crime your happy little illegals bring with them. It has been a long time since I researched this but at the time illegals were killing about 10K Americans inside the US every year. That is more than the sum total for the GWB war. This also is killing only (in fairness about a 50/50 split between accidents like drink driving and deliberate murder). It does not account for property crimes, rape, and assault-spectrum crimes that do not involve death.

I do not understand the burr you have up your ass about the travel ban. It is NOT Trump's fault that the majority of the people who want to kill us launching from countries that cannot provide us with background information happen to fall within a certain ethnicity.

The bottom line is that we can go the Biden way to prove we are not doody-heads or we can go the Trump way to prove that we are not ****ing idiots and voluntary victims.

Only a Biden supporter could find anything noble about choosing to be a victim.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    In school on a voluntary participation basis.
    Disparity of authority means that it's coercive by nature. Have you ever heard of coaches holding "optional" practices or "open gym" hours during the summer? Every single student who wants the favor of that coach feels like they have to show up at those practices.

I value the freedom of religion enough that I don't want any part of the government coercing anyone, at any time, to participate in any religious activity. Not even a little bit.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I think you're wrong here. You know what would happen if a teacher led a group of students, present in a voluntary setting, in a prayer or bible study or anything else related to Christianity.
    In a conservative county back when I was in school a teacher allowed a group of students to meet in her classroom after school for Bible study. She was superintending in the sense of providing adult supervision but not participating (generally grading papers and such while the kids did their thing). It got shut down.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Disparity of authority means that it's coercive by nature. Have you ever heard of coaches holding "optional" practices or "open gym" hours during the summer? Every single student who wants the favor of that coach feels like they have to show up at those practices.

I value the freedom of religion enough that I don't want any part of the government coercing anyone, at any time, to participate in any religious activity. Not even a little bit.
    Better fire off an email to the White House then, voicing your displeasure that the president, as the most significant representation of authority in the country, subjected us all to a religious prayer. Actually you should do the same thing you would if a teacher "coerced" students, demand he be fired. Let's not be hypocritical about this.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Better fire off an email to the White House then, voicing your displeasure that the president, as the most significant representation of authority in the country, subjected us all to a religious prayer. Actually you should do the same thing you would if a teacher "coerced" students, demand he be fired. Let's not be hypocritical about this.
    You really can't see the difference between adults who don't have to listen and kids who are required to be there?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Good grief. :rolleyes:

Listen to yourself - you're complaining that president said a prayer in public. Is there anything he can do that you won't complain about?

Presidents often utter complete lies in public, I don't want teachers doing that either. Apples and orange.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Good grief. :rolleyes:

Listen to yourself - you're complaining that president said a prayer in public. Is there anything he can do that you won't complain about?

Presidents often utter complete lies in public, I don't want teachers doing that either. Apples and orange.
    Biden isn't a Trump Conservative, so all complaints are valid. And BTW welcome to INGO.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom