• ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    THIS.

I stopped using Amazon before it was cool. And 9x18 is the best.
    Hipster-Kitty-Makarov-Open-Carry.jpg
    9x18 an obscure caliber?

(Laughs in .45 GAP)

:)

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    In some sick way it's enjoyable utilizing Prime to facilitate multiple small deliveries a day.
    It becomes even more enjoyable finding the second delivery is only four stops away fifteen miles to the west. It gives me peace of mind believing Amazon lost money on me that day while providing local employment via their delivery svc.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    They carry a lot of odd items I can't find anywhere else and I use to go to them often to buy many things. Even if you don't completely drop them, at least try to scale back as much as possible. I was looking at buying a few computers soon, guess where I will not buy them. I need a new laser printer too, but not from Amazon. Anything I buy now they will be the absolute last place I look and nothing expensive. On the other hand, overstock.com might get some business since they were willing to hire the white hat hackers to investigate the election fraud.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Not where i live lol

Also what are you guys buying on amazon that you cant find in a store? Not trying to start nothin just curious.
    Replacement remote control for a TV.
    A lamp that my wife liked.
    Extended charging handle for a new Hi-Point carbine.
    Obscure movie on DVD.
    Several unique gift items.
    Specialty food items.
    Holster for a less common pistol.
    Night sight for a Ruger GP100.
    Picatinny rail for 10/22 receiver.
    Amateur radio equipment.
    Garden auger drill kit.

And that's not even counting things that I could probably find locally, but are cheaper on Amazon even before figuring in my time and gas money. Especially gun related items like holsters, optics, rails, night sights, etc. The selection on Amazon beats any gun shop I've ever been to, and I can click twice and have it at my door in a couple of days.

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    I verified that Parler was down, then cancelled my Amazon Prime membership. No refund. I don't care.
    I deleted all Amazon apps from my computer and my phone.
    I have spent a lot of money with Amazon over the last few years. That is over. Nothing. Ever. Again.
    Will it hurt them? Perhaps not in any meaningful sense, but that doesn't matter.
    Nothing from Amazon. Ever again. Principle matters.

Make all the excuses you must. That's on you. I'm done.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I verified that Parler was down, then cancelled my Amazon Prime membership. No refund. I don't care.
    I deleted all Amazon apps from my computer and my phone.
    I have spent a lot of money with Amazon over the last few years. That is over. Nothing. Ever. Again.
    Will it hurt them? Perhaps not in any meaningful sense, but that doesn't matter.
    Nothing from Amazon. Ever again. Principle matters.

Make all the excuses you must. That's on you. I'm done.
    :patriot:

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Not where i live lol

Also what are you guys buying on amazon that you cant find in a store? Not trying to start nothin just curious.
    Its very handy for appliance parts and such... switch (just the switch) for my sump pump; belt, pulley, and heating element (at different times) for my dryer; replacement laptop batteries and chargers; replacement inline footswitch for lamp to replace the one that one of my pups chewed through... list goes on.

Davis0023

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    NorthCentral Indiana
    I will continue to do what I have always done with Amazon and make them lose money by maintaining me as a Prime customer.

Sure thing... Ship me that $.75 item, for free, by tomorrow. Even better, ship me that $0.50 item, but take your time doing and I'll go ahead and take that $1 digital download credit off your hands.

I do this multiple times per week. 261 orders in 2020. 185 in 2019. 263 in 2018.

If they want to to be assholes, I'll make them pay for it.
    You are a genius my friend and I may now have a new hobby! What all can I get with the digital credits?

rebase

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 25, 2019
    Indianapolis
    Amazons retail business only makes up about 36% of their total income.
    AWS makes up about 57% of income.

From investopedia: https://www.investopedia.com/how-amazon-makes-money-4587523

Amazon North America: Revenue of $59.4 billion and income of $2.3 billion in Q3 2020. This is about 62% of the company's net sales for the quarter. But only 36% of their total income across segments.

Amazon's AWS segment generated net sales of $11.6 billion and operating income of $3.5 billion in Q3 2020

What this means:
    - Online shopping is low margin high volume. Losing some sales wont make a dent.
    - AWS is low volume but extremely high margin. Losing some sales will make a dent.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    I use Amazon as more of a search engine anymore. I installed the browser addon Priceblink but there are other shopping addons that do the same. Search for product on Amazon and Priceblink will let you know if another retailer has it and what the price is with a link to take you there. Most of the time it's the same price or cheaper than Amazon even if you include having to pay for shipping.

Top Bottom