• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    40   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    We dropped them and honestly it’s been really good for us. Less spending, less online shopping, and if we find something we really want it actually takes a bit of effort to type in a card number.

Avoiding giving money to a massive despicable business was just a pleasant fringe benefit.

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    We dropped them and honestly it’s been really good for us. Less spending, less online shopping, and if we find something we really want it actually takes a bit of effort to type in a card number.

Avoiding giving money to a massive despicable business was just a pleasant fringe benefit.
    Wish I could get my wife to stop with Amazon.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I will continue to do what I have always done with Amazon and make them lose money by maintaining me as a Prime customer.

Sure thing... Ship me that $.75 item, for free, by tomorrow. Even better, ship me that $0.50 item, but take your time doing and I'll go ahead and take that $1 digital download credit off your hands.

I do this multiple times per week. 261 orders in 2020. 185 in 2019. 263 in 2018.

If they want to to be assholes, I'll make them pay for it.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Preparing to, but this will brick my Kindle, or?

Or else just lose all my Amazon-related content perhaps. Have to go buy all the Kurt Schlichter stuff now...

Seems like the simple approach would be to simply not buy additional things for/on your Kindle or via. Amazon. You don't actually have to delete your account to start a boycott.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As with most attempts to boycott the big boys not enough people will be willing to loose the convenience and could actually care less.
    I so seldom use them anymore even if I did actually stand up to be counted they would feel nothing.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I tried to encourage a boycott of Amazon years ago, when Amazon started collecting sales tax prior to it being required. No one listened to me... :n00b:

Kinda like boycotting Kroger for being anti-open carry. Everyone is in, until there is a meat sale... :rolleyes:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    As with most attempts to boycott the big boys not enough people will be willing to loose the convenience and could actually care less.
    I so seldom use them anymore even if I did actually stand up to be counted they would feel nothing.
    It's not even that, it's that they're too big for a boycott to matter.

The time to boycott them was more than 10 years ago, it's too late now, they'll get government assistance if they start hurting.

maxwelhse Has the right idea. Exploit their system and make them lose money.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow

The time to boycott them was more than 10 years ago, it's too late now, they'll get government assistance if they start hurting.

But what about AOC? Bezos hasn’t bought her off yet, or?

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana

It's pretty easy to do this with most large businesses that you don't like. ex. If you have to eat fast food, order sandwiches only and only off of the value menu. Those are all big loss leaders. Skip the drink and fries and they're paying you for the meal.

Walmart, Sam's, Costco, etc make almost no money off of groceries. As long as you don't buy merchandise the odds are good that you're hurting them by shopping there. I imagine Kroger is the same way. Avoid merchandise and vices (sugar, booze, tobacco, etc) in their stores and they might break even on you, but I doubt it.

I long ago found Sam's/Wallmart to be the lesser of the evils as far as social policy so I really don't mind getting high mark-up items there when no other better choices are out there.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Exactly. We wont make a ding in the paint on that place.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...I long ago found Sam's/Wallmart to be the lesser of the evils as far as social policy so I really don't mind getting high mark-up items there when no other better choices are out there.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana

Your point...?

Costco has banned carrying, at all, inside their stores for at least a decade now and the scumbags have just done so very quietly, never advertising it on the doors in stores in markets where it would hurt them. I've raised this flag plenty of times and most guys just answer "concealed means concealed" while going into one of the first staunchly anti-gun retailers to buy their gun safes, outdoors gear, and preps. :rolleyes:

I believe Walmart and Kroger have asked customers to only carry concealed in their stores because a lot of asshats kept showing up with long guns slung on their backs and scaring the **** out of the rest of the customers. I personally don't blame them for that. If you want to have a protest, go find some public property.

The short answer here is that all of these retailers pretty much hate us and I've selected the Sam's empire as the least spiteful at the moment. I still try to make them pay for being as anti-gun as they are.

edit: My last Sam's order was for 3 gallons (~25lbs) of synthetic oil that I paid less than anywhere else ($20 gallon, OTD) and they shipped it for free... Then later this year they'll give me cash back for doing it! :)

1610327647550.png

1610327152058.png

The order before that:

1610327717862.png

...and I haven't been able to find 91% isopropyl anywhere at any price for all of 2020. $4, free shipping? Sure, in fact, do it twice (and I did, 2 separate orders).

So, yeah, make 'em pay if you don't like 'em! :D

Last edited:
    Top Bottom