POLL: Should Profire Resume Parking Trailers Full of NFA Overnight in the Alley?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Should Profire Resume Parking Trailers Full of NFA Overnight in the Alley?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Aren't the guns the property of ProFIre? If that's the case, I believe he should be able to lay them on the ground outside his store if that's what he wants to do. It's not like anyone on here bears be brunt of the repercussions of his actions, so what does it matter? If you believe his actions provides a negative outlook of gun owners, this thread does the same thing, because if you do a Google search of ProFire, most likely INGO posts come up even before the news outlets. I've not tried to see, but this has been the case in the past. If my belief is correct, I wonder what some think about these threads and what most have had to say about it? Who knows, the media may reach out to you and give you the opportunity to go on TV and advocate for shutting down the shop.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I wonder if the other tenants of the strip mall have discussed this event with the property owners? I know if I lived in that neighborhood I would want responsible neighbors, who wouldn't?

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Aren't the guns the property of ProFIre? If that's the case, I believe he should be able to lay them on the ground outside his store if that's what he wants to do. It's not like anyone on here bears be brunt of the repercussions of his actions, so what does it matter? If you believe his actions provides a negative outlook of gun owners, this thread does the same thing, because if you do a Google search of ProFire, most likely INGO posts come up even before the news outlets. I've not tried to see, but this has been the case in the past. If my belief is correct, I wonder what some think about these threads and what most have had to say about it? Who knows, the media may reach out to you and give you the opportunity to go on TV and advocate for shutting down the shop.

Ah, as the guns are nontransferrable to the public, your first sentence is probably proposing a criminal act.

Never advocated for shutting down his shop, are you and Indygunworks drinking the same koolaid today?

What provides a negative outlook on gunowners is the number of members here who have publicly stated they are fine with a SOT3 leaving guns out like this to be easily stolen.

The voting public, LE, and the BATFE might quibble with this proposition and just might want to restrict my rights further.

God forbid there be any personal responsibility for not wanting to get up early.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Never advocated for shutting down his shop, are you and Indygunworks drinking the same koolaid today?

What provides a negative outlook on gunowners is the number of members here who have publicly stated they are fine with a SOT3 leaving guns out like this to be easily stolen.

God forbid there be any personal responsibility for not wanting to get up early.

You keep talking about this personal responsibility as if there aren't going to be any consequences for Profire as is. Are you suggesting there should be more consequences?

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    You keep talking about this personal responsibility as if there aren't going to be any consequences for Profire as is. Are you suggesting there should be more consequences?

No, I'm suggesting that SOT3's should secure their merchandise. Something about which there is hot debate about here.

4 people so far have voted for leaving more trailers of machineguns out...

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    If I had a NFA Item(s) I would not put them in a locked 7x12 enclosed trailer (which I do have) in my driveway let alone in a business parking lot. But thats just me...Id like to not have a NFA item stolen and have to explain to the BATFE the circumstances behind it all.

Big difference between getting an NFA item stolen out of home, gun shop vs. in an enclosed trailer parked out back with a padlock on it. I would not consider this a reasonable attempt to prevent theft of an NFA item.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

The voting public, LE, and the BATFE might quibble with this proposition.

I think everyone get's your point, but not how you have chosen to make it. Andrew had about four HUGE Johnson safes and his shop is linked to a security company. I believe his rifles are normally stored in those safes, behind locked doors with alarms. It appears someone made a bad decision and got their nuts caught in the fan -- it happens. I have my own questions, but it does no good to post them on here, when I can just contact Andrew and ask him.

By mentioning LW and BATFE, exactly what are you advocating? You know very well how the internet works and the fact that INGO is monitored. How do you store your guns? Have you EVER done anything with one of your guns that could be called into question on INGO?

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    If I had a NFA Item(s) I would not put them in a locked 7x12 enclosed trailer (which I do have) in my driveway let alone in a business parking lot. But thats just me...Id like to not have a NFA item stolen and have to explain to the BATFE the circumstances behind it all.

Big difference between getting an NFA item stolen out of home, gun shop vs. in an enclosed trailer parked out back with a padlock on it. I would not consider this a reasonable attempt to prevent theft of an NFA item.

Ok, so would that be a reasonable attempt to prevent theft of another item in the trailer? (ie: car, motorcycle, PA equipment, construction tools, etc...) Just because this is a trailer full of NFA stuff doesn't mean the legal owner is at fault. What is the point of even putting a pad lock on something if that is not a reasonable attempt to prevent theft?

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    By mentioning LW and BATFE, exactly what are you advocating? You know very well how the internet works and the fact that INGO is monitored. How do you store your guns? Have you EVER done anything with one of your guns that could be called into question on INGO?

I'm advocating that SOT3's keep their stuff secured. How many cops working this debacle do you think are now opposed to or even more opposed to civilian machinegun ownership? Do you think this makes the BATFE more or less happy about granting SOT3's and any other Title II paperwork?

This has an actual effect on all of us and our rights.

Nice guy or not, PC bull**** sugarcoating this makes us all look incompetent and dangerous to anyone looking in from the outside.

Do you really think the public is keen on more trailers of machineguns being left out, as has been advocated here?

Consequently, I am opposed to sugarcoating it.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm advocating that SOT3's keep their stuff secured. How many cops working this debacle do you think are now opposed to or even more opposed to civilian machinegun ownership? Do you think this makes the BATFE more or less happy about granting SOT3's and any other Title II paperwork?

This has an actual effect on all of us and our rights.

Nice guy or not, PC bull**** sugarcoating this makes us all look incompetent and dangerous to anyone looking in from the outside.

Do you really think the public is keen on more trailers of machineguns being left out, as has been advocated here?

Consequently, I am opposed to sugarcoating it.

Please explain to me how this make ME look incompetent and dangerous? What is the outcome on our rights as a result of this? I don't know you, but you appear to be a person who is easily frightened and make decisions based on what others think/believe. If you are afraid the legislature will ban machine gun ownership outside of military personnel, then do something about it!

As for the police, WHO CARES what they think? Some don't believe the average citizen should own and carry guns outside of their homes anyway. BTW, how many "civilians" do you know who own machine guns?

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Please explain to me how this make ME look incompetent and dangerous?

Sez the guy who publicly advocated for laying machineguns out on the lawn unattended? What a beautiful picture of gunowners to put out.

Que said:
    If that's the case, I believe he should be able to lay them on the ground outside his store if that's what he wants to do

As for the police, WHO CARES what they think? Some don't believe the average citizen should own and carry guns outside of their homes anyway. BTW, how many "civilians" do you know who own machine guns?

Yeah, cause the police have no clout with the legislature. Lets make sure we **** on them by leaving machineguns out for crooks to steal, so that they can then go try to recover a SAW from a criminal. The police have a legitimate beef here, we expect them to deal with the mess made by machineguns in criminal hands. Soft armor be damned.

If I was on IMPD out looking for these folks in my IIiA vest, I would be unbelievably ****ty with whoever left them out.

I know probably around 6 civie machingun owners.

Last edited:

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Ok, so would that be a reasonable attempt to prevent theft of another item in the trailer? (ie: car, motorcycle, PA equipment, construction tools, etc...) Just because this is a trailer full of NFA stuff doesn't mean the legal owner is at fault. What is the point of even putting a pad lock on something if that is not a reasonable attempt to prevent theft?

Just for the sake of argument, there MIGHT be more than one level of "reasonable care" depending on the nature/value of the item, maybe the circumstances, maybe the location... What would seem perfectly reasonable for a trailer full of hay might seem silly for a trailer full of money, or guns, or bacon. I'm not going anywhere near "legal", just "reasonable".

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Just for the sake of argument, there MIGHT be more than one level of "reasonable care" depending on the nature/value of the item, maybe the circumstances, maybe the location... What would seem perfectly reasonable for a trailer full of hay might seem silly for a trailer full of money, or guns, or bacon. I'm not going anywhere near "legal", just "reasonable".

Whoa whoa whoa...a trailer full of BACON?!? Where is this glorious trailer located and what type of lock is being used??? :):

Top Bottom