• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Purple implied, or do we share different opinions regarding the definition of "violent attacks" (against persons)?

Functionally, January 6th was little more than disturbing the peace, trespassing, and some instances of theft/vandalism. Those should be prosecuted for the crimes that they are. Continuing to pretend that it was an insurrection is tedious.
    I didn't say insurrection, did I? Cameramonkey didn't say insurrection. The thread title isn't insurrection, it's  violence. And to pretent the events of Jan 6 wasn't violent is tedious.

It's wasn't just a few flower pots knocked over, it was a mob in gear (crash helmets and all) charging in the capitol, trampling whatever LEO they encountered.

And it's the hypocrisy that gets me - those people probably have blue flags hanging and brag about being law abiding and telling others just to obey the law every other day of their life.

And to say they aren't controlled by one man is completely disingenuous: just look at all the videos of rioters looking at their phones or buffalo man and his megaphone, "time to stop! Trump just told us to go home!"

I'm not defending the leftist at all, but at least they're honest and consistent with their ACAB crap.

But this isn't the point of this thread, so I shall post no more.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I didn't say insurrection, did I? Cameramonkey didn't say insurrection. The thread title isn't insurrection, it's  violence. And to pretent the events of Jan 6 wasn't violent is tedious.

It's wasn't just a few flower pots knocked over, it was a mob in gear (crash helmets and all) charging in the capitol, trampling whatever LEO they encountered.

And it's the hypocrisy that gets me - those people probably have blue flags hanging and brag about being law abiding and telling others just to obey the law every other day of their life.

And to say they aren't controlled by one man is completely disingenuous: just look at all the videos of rioters looking at their phones or buffalo man and his megaphone, "time to stop! Trump just told us to go home!"

I'm not defending the leftist at all, but at least they're honest and consistent with their ACAB crap.

But this isn't the point of this thread, so I shall post no more.
    How was January 6 "violence"? Here is a reasonable definition (I welcome alternates): "behavior involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something"

The vast majority of January 6th was trespassing and chanting. There were some cases of vandalism/property damage, and they should be dealt with as such.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    How was January 6 "violence"? Here is a reasonable definition (I welcome alternates): "behavior involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something"

The vast majority of January 6th was trespassing and chanting. There were some cases of vandalism/property damage, and they should be dealt with as such.

There was violence at the Capital that day.

According to reports, there were 140 officers injured that day...

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Right... it's not like they burned the Capitol down. But, just cause they have double standards, doesn't mean we should.

Those who commit illegal acts of violence ought to be treated the same, no matter their ideology.
    Oh, I agree. I've said it before, and you know it's true...if it was BLM and Antifa storming the Capitol trying to overturn a Trump victory, INGO would be arguing over the merits of miniguns vs. Claymores in the Rotunda.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Two movies, one reality

And your movie is a fantasy

Edit: As well as a 'box office' flop

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Oh, I agree. I've said it before, and you know it's true...if it was BLM and Antifa storming the Capitol trying to overturn a Trump victory, INGO would be arguing over the merits of miniguns vs. Claymores in the Rotunda.
    Maybe you missed this part:
    "The vast majority of January 6th was trespassing and chanting. There were some cases of vandalism/property damage, and they should be dealt with as such."
    They haven;t even done that with the Antifa and BLM protests

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

That is the tamest riot in the history of riots. All the footage, and that's the best/most they can come up with? Yes, in those instances where the few people assaulted police officers, convict them for that. Most of what was shown, however, was a crowd of people attempting to push through the line to access the building.

The vast majority of those present should have been issued citations for trespassing, instead of being thrown in a gulag and denied due process for months.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    You mean, like the Handmaid's Tale cosplayers?

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    That is the tamest riot in the history of riots. All the footage, and that's the best/most they can come up with? Yes, in those instances where the few people assaulted police officers, convict them for that. Most of what was shown, however, was a crowd of people attempting to push through the line to access the building.

The vast majority of those present should have been issued citations for trespassing, instead of being thrown in a gulag and denied due process for months.
    But but but.... iNsUrReShUN!!1!!11!

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville

I'm just saying, you can't say there was NO violence because there was violence. That's being as dismissive as the usual suspects saying the BLM riots were "mostly peaceful" and ignoring the violence.

Overcharging people because of a political narrative is what's occurring. You know that, I know that, they know that. The Jan 6th Committee is a political show trial. You know that, I know that, they know that.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Yes, in those instances where the few people assaulted police officers, convict them for that.
    Sometimes, you answer your own questions.

:):

Top Bottom