POLITICAL pictures - Funny (unlikely), Sad (more likely) Infuriating (most likely)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I think the problem is separating the speech from the money.
    Already been decided, SCOTUS ruled money is speech. Many lobbyists represent many that join in association, use money to hire a speaker for the association, a speaker that addresses government. Not sure the big deal…

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I call it free speech and association as in the constitution. It may not seem like it but this is an anti-freedom meme…
    No, I would argue that it is not. In the actual context at issue, when lobbying is done by organizations and not citizens it is most definitely bribery and corruption.

Citizens have rights. Not organizations of any type whether they be a corporation, a non-profit, or any other non-real person. Somewhere along the way this nation's judiciary has went off the rails and conflated citizen with organization. If you cannot serve, nor vote, nor be individually responsible nor meet other tests of citizenship, you don't have rights in the context of the Bill of Rights and that includes the right of association. (i.e. between the organization and an elected servant of the people)

In a constitutional context, my position is that, I as an individual citizen have a first amendment right to associate, converse with, and direct money to candidates of my choice. That right however does not transfer to any organization I may belong to. The organization is a legal entity, it is not a real person and therefore is not a citizen.

That legal organizational entity, not a real person, may do many things on my behalf however; it should not be able to give money to politicians or speak to them on my behalf. The politician is a servant of the people, a servant elected by the constituents and responsible and accountable solely to those real persons.

As soon as it comes to direct interaction with an elected representative via speech, writing, or monetary support there is corruption of the relationship between the citizen and the elected representative of the government. There should be no interaction other than with the individual citizen.

The position that you appear to advocate is how we ended up with citizens united, a decision detrimental to both the Republic and the individual citizens of this nation.

Last edited:

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    No, I would argue that it is not. In the actual context at issue, when lobbying is done by organizations and not citizens it is most definitely bribery and corruption.

Citizens have rights. Not organizations of any type whether they be a corporation, a non-profit, or any other non-real person. Somewhere along the way this nation's judiciary has went off the rails and conflated citizen with organization. If you cannot serve, nor vote, nor be individually responsible nor meet other tests of citizenship, you don't have rights in the context of the Bill of Rights and that includes the right of association. (i.e. between the organization and an elected servant of the people)

In a constitutional context, my position is that, I as an individual citizen have a first amendment right to associate, converse with, and direct money to candidates of my choice. That right however does not transfer to any organization I may belong to. The organization is a legal entity, it is not a real person and therefore is not a citizen.

That legal organizational entity, not a real person, may do many things on my behalf however; it should not be able to give money to politicians or speak to them on my behalf. The politician is a servant of the people, a servant elected by the constituents and responsible and accountable solely to those real persons.

As soon as it comes to direct interaction with an elected representative via speech, writing, or monetary support there is corruption of the relationship between the citizen and the elected representative of the government. There should be no interaction other than with the individual citizen.

The position that you appear to advocate is how we ended up with citizens united, a decision detrimental to both the Republic and the individual citizens of this nation.
    So individuals have rights, but they lose those rights when they choose to associate with other individuals?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Already been decided, SCOTUS ruled money is speech. Many lobbyists represent many that join in association, use money to hire a speaker for the association, a speaker that addresses government. Not sure the big deal…
    Not sure why you would think I was talking about paying for lobbyists when referring to money. I was referring to all of the money that finds its way into politicians pockets.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Wow! That the people can gather their resources together to redress their government overseeers is tantamount to “bribery and corruption” is unreal. What next, no one can organize a group to go to school board meetings?

That horse left the barn long ago. Organizations are a group of citizens that do not lose their freedoms because they choose to associate together for bigger impact.

Are you saying that as an individual I do not have the freedom to join my money with like minded folks to lobby and redress government? That would shut down all gun rights organizations.

So the NRA cannot lobby or campaign against a gun grabber?
    This is just completely wrong. Citizens United was correctly decided. You believe that people opposed to a candidate cannot pool their resources to create a documentary showing other what a despicable candidate they really are?

The position you espouse here is the position of the totalitarian leftists.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Not sure why you would think I was talking about paying for lobbyists when referring to money. I was referring to all of the money that finds its way into politicians pockets.
    That type of corruption is illegal, see Biden.

I think the problem is separating the speech from the money.
    I thought you were talking about what was referenced in the post you quoted.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    That type of corruption is illegal, see Biden.

I thought you were talking about what was referenced in the post you quoted.
    Nah. While the reality of the CU decision isn't optimal, I do agree with it.

We all know there is a lot of money changing hands in Washington that skirts the line of legality. That doesn't even include all of the insider trading going on.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Nah. While the reality of the CU decision isn't optimal, I do agree with it.

We all know there is a lot of money changing hands in Washington that skirts the line of legality. That doesn't even include all of the insider trading going on.
    Yes. What good people do not realize is the those that 99% of INGO agree are the bad guys will get around it anyway. The law struck down by CU was hurting the small guys…

Top Bottom