POLITICAL pictures - Funny (unlikely), Sad (more likely) Infuriating (most likely)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Not why I’m saying…
    If I pass, allow me to pass unhindered.
    Trying to swerve in front of me being the road police is going to be a problem.

“They” get to decide when I can pass? GTFOH.
    Indiana has a law that states that you must move right to allow faster traffic to pass, even if you're doing at or above the speed limit. So since bikes are subject to the same laws as cars, wouldn't that apply to them as well? (really a question for @Ingomike )

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Not why I’m saying…
    If I pass, allow me to pass unhindered.
    Trying to swerve in front of me being the road police is going to be a problem.

“They” get to decide when I can pass? GTFOH.
    If you have a lane to pass you do, if you need their lane they do.

What a bunch of weenies driving vehicles weighing thousand of pounds capable of speeds near 100mph all upset over a few minute delay by a cyclist…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Indiana has a law that states that you must move right to allow faster traffic to pass, even if you're doing at or above the speed limit. So since bikes are subject to the same laws as cars, wouldn't that apply to them as well? (really a question for @Ingomike )
    No it does not that I know of.

• Bicyclists are required to ride in the right hand lane or as close as practicable to the right-hand edge of the roadway, when traveling slower than the speed of traffic.

The cyclist gets decide what is practicable. Then the motorist must maintain 3 feet of clearance.

Just realized this is in pics so I’m out unless you guys want to start a thread…

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Funny-Cycling-Memes-5.jpg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Riordan Rd east bound double yellow line. Fence on right between road and paved bike path.

Two bikes on road and the only way to pass is to break the law.

Bike path empty.

Around here they run the stop signs on the bike paths where they cross the road.

I'd hate to see this happen.
    istockphoto-864998022-612x612.jpg

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Wrong on all counts. The first paved roads were for bikes. Bikes (horses too I believe.) have just as much right to the road as motor vehicles anyone who does not allow them their right of way is a selfish jerk. Anyone threatening, swerving, honking horns, etc. is guilty of aggressive driving and being a selfish jerk.
    It's like a 5'2" 100 lb blonde girl leaving the bar drunk and on foot, gambling she'll not be snatched up and murdered by some perv while traveling home. Some forethought and common sense were in order b4 she started drinking. Ride the bike paths, ride the trails and feel fairly safe. Hit the open road. . . . And you've taken your life in your hands amongst people who not only do not love you like your momma, they are psychologically unstable, angry at someone else, or just hate you for being an inconvenience in their life. On top of the fact that many are not knowledgeable about the rules governing cars, let alone bicycles, and don't drive worth a ****. At least they're smart enough to wear a cage. Who is really the idiot? You choose to ride on the highway and don't ride like your life depends on you staying the **** out of the way, I have no sympathy for you when you're road pizza.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Working on the road for 40 years I found cyclists some of the worst, most inconsiderate people .

Almost caused real trouble one day. Very hot summer day, had a job go bad and did not get a lunch break, had to work 10 hrs non stop. I was dirty, sweaty and hangry. Stopped at a gas station where the ladies made good food by hand and were very pleasant. There were about 20 bicycles around the front completely blocking the door. The riders were 30-40's. looked like lawyers/management types and dressed in $300 riding suits standing there. I tried to open the door and some ass hat said "That bike costs more than you make in a month don't scratch it". Now I am a Marine, big- 280 lbs and not in a good mood. Let's say when I turned to him all his buddies grouped around him which was fine with me. Without any words being spoken they decided to let me in the store.
    This is out of character for me, I really try to be nice to others.

The ladies inside made me some good food and I felt much better.

Don

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Ask anyone who is or has ever been a working street cop what are the first words out of a motorist's mouth when they've been involved in an accident with either a motorcyclist or a bicyclist.

"Officer! I didn't SEE him!!"

Anyone out there who rides a bicycle like an entitled a-hole who doesn't also ride as if he is invisible is going to find himself in the jackpot sooner or later.

Top Bottom