POLITICAL pictures - Funny (unlikely), Sad (more likely) Infuriating (most likely)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Are the A-holes just on one side? Nope. But good riders will not let you pass until it is safe. Bikes do not have ANY duty to hug the shoulder nor get out of your way.
    When I was a kid, I rode my bike like I was responsible for keeping my own butt alive. I see people today that ride like they think it is everybody else's job.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    When I was a kid, I rode my bike like I was responsible for keeping my own butt alive. I see people today that ride like they think it is everybody else's job.
    A bicycle has all rights and duties of the road that are applicable, same as motor vehicles. If by “keeping one’s butt alive” you mean getting out if the way, it is every drivers responsibility to keep them alive just as it is not to hit another car.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    A bicycle has all rights and duties of the road that are applicable, same as motor vehicles. If by “keeping one’s butt alive” you mean getting out if the way, it is every drivers responsibility to keep them alive just as it is not to hit another car.
    A bicycle also has all the frailties and vulnerabilities of a pedestrian.
    Crappy drivers are very real - they do exist. And most of the time a bicycle will lose in an incident with a heavier vehicle like a car or truck. That is just the way it is and that isn't changing.
    So all the rights and duties of the road may be applicable but I have no interest in being right all the way to the hospital. I ride a bike like it is my job to keep my butt alive.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Are the A-holes just on one side? Nope. But good riders will not let you pass until it is safe. Bikes do not have ANY duty to hug the shoulder nor get out of your way.

I'm talking about the a-holes that will shout at you because they think they own the road and you can't pass.

Yeah, I can pass another vehicle (car/truck/motorcycle/bicycle/farm equipment/wheelchairs, etc.) when "I" believe it to be safe.
    I've been doing a pretty good job so far.

Anyone trying to be the road police ESPECIALLY on a bicycle attempting to block or hinder my passing
    DRASTICALLY increases the chances of a problem being generated where there was not one before.
    It introduces an unstable variable. Bad idea.

If you don't like to be passed while on the roadway, stay the hell off of the roadway.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    People riding bikes should get out of the way for vehicle traffic, for which the roads were designed. Not doing so is being a selfish jerk. This is as clear as I can be on the subject.
    Wrong on all counts. The first paved roads were for bikes. Bikes (horses too I believe.) have just as much right to the road as motor vehicles anyone who does not allow them their right of way is a selfish jerk. Anyone threatening, swerving, honking horns, etc. is guilty of aggressive driving and being a selfish jerk.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Wrong on all counts. The first paved roads were for bikes. Bikes (horses too I believe.) have just as much right to the road as motor vehicles anyone who does not allow them their right of way is a selfish jerk. Anyone threatening, swerving, honking horns, etc. is guilty of aggressive driving and being a selfish jerk.

Sounds like they need to pay excise and wheel tax, plate and registration fees...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I'm talking about the a-holes that will shout at you because they think they own the road and you can't pass.

Yeah, I can pass another vehicle (car/truck/motorcycle/bicycle/farm equipment/wheelchairs, etc.) when "I" believe it to be safe.
    I've been doing a pretty good job so far.

Anyone trying to be the road police ESPECIALLY on a bicycle attempting to block or hinder my passing
    DRASTICALLY increases the chances of a problem being generated where there was not one before.
    It introduces an unstable variable. Bad idea.

If you don't like to be passed while on the roadway, stay the hell off of the roadway.
    The rider has no duty to get out of your way. They have the same rights to the road you do they also get to decide where in the lane they want or can ride. (Usually because of bad pavement).

Remember they do not allow guns in prison for those convicted of manslaughter…

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Last reply and I'm done because I don't want to keep searching for memes. Are we still driving on the first roads? No. Just because you have a right to do something doesn't mean your not a selfish jerk for doing it. I can scream in your face because I have a "right" to, but I would be a jerk for doing so. This has nothing to do with rights.

Anyone who shows no concern for holding someone else up is a selfish jerk, full stop. Getting pantys in a twist over that idea because you ride a bike doesn't change basic principles of common decency.

I have no duty to not honk, flip the bird, roll some coal when I pass after you hold me up. Threatening, swerving at bikes is also being a selfish jerk. Both can be true.

653kbo.jpg

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The rider has no duty to get out of your way. They have the same rights to the road you do they also get to decide where in the lane they want or can ride. (Usually because of bad pavement).

Remember they do not allow guns in prison for those convicted of manslaughter…

Not why I’m saying…
    If I pass, allow me to pass unhindered.
    Trying to swerve in front of me being the road police is going to be a problem.

“They” get to decide when I can pass? GTFOH.

Top Bottom