...plus people are not allowed to carry guns in church.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    15th Street, Bedford
    Anyone notice a trend of these "thwarted" ISIS attacks?

They're relative softballs and seem to pop up every couple months - just often enough to remind us ISIS is still more of a threat than our own government. Lone wolf, young, troubled gun owner. Doesn't actually do anything but gets "caught" about to do something?

Then there's San Bernadino. Something that actually happened. No clue at all by the intel community.

....and we're paying billions a year for the privilege.

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    I have permission to carry in church.
    I asked God and He said it was cool. :yesway:
    Yea, I had that same talk.
    He reminded me that all sheepdogs need to have nice, sharp teeth to protect the sheep.
    Being in charge of all the ushers and security really helps too.
    The pastor's sister is on a major univerisity's police force and one of our members is a state trooper.
    It helps to have people with experience helping out.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    So much for the oft repeated argument that no one selects a target for mass murder because it was a gun free zone.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    “There are three types of people in this world: sheep, wolves, and sheepdogs. Some people prefer to believe that evil doesn’t exist in the world, and if it ever darkened their doorstep, they wouldn’t know how to protect themselves. Those are the sheep. Then you’ve got predators, who use violence to prey on the weak. They’re the wolves. And then there are those blessed with the gift of aggression, an overpowering need to protect the flock. These men are the rare breed who live to confront the wolf. They are the sheepdog.”

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    We have about 100-120 on a Sunday service.

We average between 8-10 people that are armed.

The Paster is also packing as well.

We have a Group that mostly meets in the summer Called

God, Guns and Grub

We eat, have a little devotional and then sling some lead.

I'm a Born again Christian that God has done a huge work in my life, but when I get leaned on people find out that he still has a lot more work to do in me.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    BlueFalcon: It is against the rules to carry at my Church, the insurance company wont allow it.
    An insurance company has no legal standing to disallow anything. They can either drop your coverage or take away a discount. Either way, get a new insurance company.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    An insurance company has no legal standing to disallow anything. They can either drop your coverage or take away a discount. Either way, get a new insurance company.

Not my call, some stopped carrying. some didn't. Those in authority (most at least) know that I carry and have never told me to stop. The head of security knows and approves so I am not going to make any waves.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I am the Security Team Administrator at my church. I know the majority of who is carrying at my church, some are on the security team and some are not. The ones that are not don't get verbal or written approval to carry and I never ask someone not on the team to bring a firearm to church.

It is a liability thing for the church if we give them approval without knowing what their abilities are. As long as they show respect to the church and those around them by not having to put their gun on display, keep it in their possession at all times or play show and tell we have no problems.

I have only had to tell two people not to bring their firearm back to the church.

Cldedhnds

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Hendricks
    My church has a school within which could prevent me from carrying. Several uniformed officers work the services which is great but I'd prefer to protect my own.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    At 6'3 285 I thought you mention me in your PLUS people intro. I am in church typing this now (CRCC in Fishers) Glock in my pocket.

All are welcome, the "Shepherd". watches out for his flock, but you never know who is going to visit his pasture.

Fisher finest do a great job in this town, but they cannot be everywhere.

People used to wear a WWJD bracelet, I would add a WWJWD bracelet to the other wrist.

"What would John Wayne do"?!?

Hope to never ever ever need any thing but love around here, but if needed, all able bodied properly trained and equipped adults should be aware of their surroundings.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    I almost always carry a sports coat to church. It's not because I'm trying to dress up. (I often wear jeans with my coat.) It's just easy to conceal carry a full frame gun.

gotguns

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    Bedford, IN
    I carry along with a few others that I know about in my church. We are talking about going to some training to better coordinate security and what if scenarios, violent or just disruptive. So far the pastor and board haven't said no.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    It is against the rules to carry at my Church, the insurance company wont allow it.

I'm going to take a wild guess that someone in the organization told you that as an excuse instead of telling you that they personally don't like guns. I've reviewed dozens of insurance policies for our church over the years, it's never come up even once.

Top Bottom