...plus people are not allowed to carry guns in church.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    When investigators asked Abu-Rayyan why he allegedly wanted to target a church, he said: 'It's easy, and a lot of people go there, plus people are not allowed to carry guns in church.

Read more: Michigan man, 22, arrested for 'planning to shoot up a Detroit church to support ISIS'* | Daily Mail Online

It mentions that his father seems to have confiscated the gun he was going to use to attack a church - but no mention of dad turning him in. However he was under surveillance for awhile as well.

He was arrested during a traffic stop for speeding when he was apparently trying to hide the pistol he was open carrying. Also the officer smelled pot.

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm
    Impossible. The sign,rule or law would just leap up, snatch the gun and slap him to the ground to await the curb stomping he so richly deserves. Kudos to his father.

jlehman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2014
    Central Indiana
    I havent carried too often since obtaining my LTCH mostly because my current gun is to big to be carried easily. I am in the process of finding a smaller carry gun in which case I intend to carry everywhere legally possible just because stories like this are becoming far to common.

nsheepdog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Carmel, IN
    I feel like soft targets are more appealing to today's radical, homegrown terrorists and for that reason I carry everywhere I can to at least hope I have a chance.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Eliminating prohibited places is fertile ground for our side to chip away at the antis. I hope our Michigan friends jump on this to push for revision of their code (which prohibits carry in churches without permission of the, "presiding official or officials," of said church).

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    There are seven guys in my church who carry regularly including me.

I couldn't even guess how many people in my church regularly carry guns. A lot. The state police officer, city police officer, and sheriff deputy almost certainly do. I would be surprised if it weren't at least 15.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    It is against the rules to carry at my Church, the insurance company wont allow it. We do have armed security. I was talking to the head of security after Church a couple of weeks ago and he outed me to another plain clothes guard.

A couple of years ago there was a slight problem with a couple of kids and it seemed that those taking care of it were having a rough time being obeyed. I stood up put up my hand and commanded, Stop. It stopped immediatly. one of the assistant pastors looked at me, smiled, reached under his jacket, pretended to pull a pistol, point it at them, fire, blow the smoke from the barrell and reholster.

I looked at him and said "who mw?" :dunno:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I carry my j frame every Sunday unbeknownst to anyone else there. I would guess that I am the only one carrying there. We run around 80 in church and most of them are elderly.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I carry my j frame every Sunday unbeknownst to anyone else there. I would guess that I am the only one carrying there. We run around 80 in church and most of them are elderly.

Me too. I know other folks are probably carrying because I saw one guy OC at bible study one evening but I don't pry and I don't bring it up.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I live in Plainfield; I just assume that about half of the men (and some of the women) are carrying.

Regardless, I wouldn't attend (or subject my family to) a church that prohibits carry.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Several in my church carry. The pastor even.

I feel like it's an easy target as well. I carry every service without exception.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I think there might be, maybe, seven people who *don't* carry at the Ford Street United Methodist Church in Lapel. Were I some scumbag killer, that would be the last place I'd target.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    My Pastor somewhat covertly encourages CC in the church. He also requested that I give him and his family the basic pistol class we do at Parabellum, which I did. Now he's trying to decide what kind of pistol he wants for home protection. He said he's not sure he wants to carry when he's in front of the congregation but he want's everyone at home to know how to run a pistol if the need arises. Out of 50-60 people he said he's aware of 4-5 that carry and informed me a couple of weeks ago that one of the "newbys" at church was on IMPDs swat team which obviously pleased him..
    It appears that those that consider churches to be soft targets may be in for a surprise. :)[FONT=&amp]

NRA Life Member[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer[FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Bright Firearms instructor trainee:bowdown:

Last edited:

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I know at least 3 people (including me) in my small group carry. That wasn't planned either. I didn't know those guys until we met in the group. If you extrapolate that throughout the church then I'd guess at least 20-30 people are carrying any given Sunday.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    evolevo
    Top Bottom