• Am I crazy for asking?

• Total voters

Blade

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blade (Mike)

If your skin is thick enough to withstand what you have thus far then you'll be fine my friend. You've handle it probably better than I would have at your age. :D

And I extend an invitation to the INGO 2009 Family picnic and range day at Eagle Creek Pistol Range

For details go here:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...mily_picnic_and_range_day_planning_phase.html

Hope to see your RSVP and you at the event! :yesway:

I'm all for going.. Once again problem would be a trip down there. So if plague goes, I will definitely be there..

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    well for one considering I am unemployed... I am used to getting things by asking my mother.. for example food and cable internet.

The reason I don't have a job is
    1. I baby sit for my mother so she can work.
    2. I can't find a job right now.

If I am ever able to find a job that will pay more than what my mom makes, I would gladly go to work so she could sit at home with my 3 younger brothers. So i'm sorry if I can off as just some lazy punk ass kid.

I actually wanted to join the army or airforce. But because I was born with spina bifida and fractured my spine in 2 places playing football in high school. I was not able to join either. This problem also prevents from obtaining a job that requires heavy lifting.

From those facts I'll surmise a different scenario that you show spunk and commitment to family. It's alright to use your brain to make a living instead of brawn but just remember that karma is very important in life because what goes around comes around and a man only has his honor & integrity when everything else is gone :yesway:

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    From those facts I'll surmise a different scenario that you show spunk and commitment to family. It's alright to use your brain to make a living instead of brawn but just remember that karma is very important in life because what goes around comes around and a man only has his honor & integrity when everything else is gone :yesway:

Sarge is wise :yesway:

jmorgan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    Fishers, Indiana
    I think that before anyone gives money for this guy to drive down and get his "Free" gun maybe we should all invest in an education or at least some english lessons. God knows he is gonna need them to read the Safety manual when he gets his gun.

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    I think that before anyone gives money for this guy to drive down and get his "Free" gun maybe we should all invest in an education or at least some english lessons. God knows he is gonna need them to read the Safety manual when he gets his gun.

Are you saying he has bad grammar/spelling?

cox7215

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Kokomo, IN
    Ok, well when I read the first post I couldn’t start cracking up, but 13 pages later, I have changed my opinion. I thought it was a joke at first, but now I see he is serious….

I trust USMC_0311’s judgment and opinion so if he thinks the guy is ok and is really trying here then maybe someone can help him??

So, where are you at on getting the gun???? Did you take the job??

Blade: Keep your head up, I have been there, I am second oldest of 8, I was out of school at 16 to basically raise my brothers and sisters so my dad could work and mom lived the free life. After he got home, I went to work and use my money to help the house out, so my friend I can tell you it’s not easy but it made a hard working respectful man out of me….

I went on to better myself, took night school and got an education so it can be done. I have my own family and make a very good living for myself and family. I have put two brothers and two sisters in school and continue to this day to help any of them out any way I can. I am only 28 and I look back on it all and I am glad for the hard times, they make you appreciate what you have!

B

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Hey guys,

My opinion within this thread has softened a little by the addition of some personal information, but I still have major reservations with the whole deal.

Concerns:

No money to finalize a free gun transaction
    No money to feed the firearm for training
    No money for professional firearm training
    Three younger children in the home where this weapon and inexperienced gun owner are staying
    No safe (That I've heard of)

By assisting in this transaction, someone could be an unwitting accomplice in a future mishap or disaster.

Just my two cents worth.

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    Hey guys,

My opinion within this thread has softened a little by the addition of some personal information, but I still have major reservations with the whole deal.

Concerns:

Three younger children in the home where this weapon and inexperienced gun owner are staying

By assisting in this transaction, someone could be an unwitting accomplice in a future mishap or disaster.

Just my two cents worth.

Actually that is one of the main reasons that he wants that particular gun, because it has the locking slide. Not to mention that I have a pistol case just laying here collecting dust. I can assure you that the gun will not fall into the younger siblings hands.

As for giving him the money for a ride there, quite technically no you wouldn't be an accomplice to anything. The whole idea of that is quite absurd to begin with but unfortunately I know the world we live in. If anything did happen, then I would be the one in trouble, if it even would be taken that far. To elaborate on that, don't blame the tool blame the user. I am driving there, you are paying for gas, now if you had been donating money for the gun itself, maybe.

I have been friends with blade for over 4 years, he is one of the very few if not only person I would allow into my home unsupervised, and the same goes for me in his home.

As for the training, I am his trainer. I have been taught from a young age how to handle, care, and respect firearms. I have been through a hunters education course, he has experience with my firearms. I have taught him plenty of good firearm habits.

As for the ammo, well I can't argue that. He most likely will not have enough money to take the gun to the range every week but whenever I can, I buy extra ammo for him to go with me to the range. I won't have a problem going in halves with him on a box. Plus I get to shoot his gun, and as we all know we all love to shoot anybody's gun. :D

Blade

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    So, where are you at on getting the gun???? Did you take the job??

Yes I have accepted the job with USMC.. I'm just waiting on some info to get started. I'm also looking for some side computer repair work and stuff. Anything I can do from home to make a quick buck to try and get this gun before he changes his mind.

So I make some grammatical errors when I type on the interweb... :rockwoot:
    I would honestly hate to meet the guy that doesn't. I'm sure he's got a huge stick up his ass.

Hey guys,

Concerns:

Just my two cents worth.

well plague basically said what I wanted to in reply to this.. accept that part about this being a "free" gun. I don't consider it free. I designed a website for someone and this is their form of payment to me. So I worked for it. That is also how I make money on the side of my mother giving it to me. I pick up little projects on the side.

I also want to let you know I appreciate your concern for my younger siblings. Like plague said though. The reason I want that particular model he is giving me is because of the slide lock. To be honest though, the gun will most likely be spending most of it's time in plagues possession just because I'm still worried about my little brothers. At lease until I can educate them on how serious a gun really is.

Last edited:

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    He now has a bunch of posts...that makes him legit now...right?

LOL...I also delivered the Star at 12 years old. Nothing like walking or pushing your bike through the snow at 5 a.m. on Christmas morning...NOBODY around!

Last edited by a moderator:

Blade

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Firearms are serious business, it's not all rainbows and puppies Blade, if you screw up with a deadly weapon in your hand, your destination will most definately be a prison cell.

I do hope you understand that.

Oh absolutely.. I'm not the average idiot when it comes to guns. I know how to respect a weapon.

what happend to sending cash for a boob job??? What accout do I send money too???? LOL

well hell if you wanna help me get my g/f a boob job let me know :D

Blade

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    well maybe we can get a tip jar setup for the next person that needs a boob job or something.

I could see it now....jars at every gas station that read "INGO Member's in need of boob jobs. Every penny helps"

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Oh my. I think I created a monster.
    3stooges.gif

Top Bottom