• Status
    Not open for further replies.

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    Regarding pulling the funding for planned parenthood, public money is not allowed to be used to fund abortions. The federal funds that go to PP are supposed to fund other services. I don't support public funding of PP in the first place. It's a misuse of the public's money. Also, a .org that has a PAC should not receive public funding. If you're taking public money, you just shouldn't get to have a PAC too. Make up your mind. Are you a reproductive service provider or are you a political action committee.
    You're not the only one thinking along those lines: Are we being double-taxed? Why ObamaCare may render Planned Parenthood obsolete

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Absolutely its absurd, , , ,
    Abortion is a Legal Medical Procedure.

Genocide is the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular ethnic group or nation.

Is something merely being LEGAL under the system of the country in question REALLY important? Because I believe the activities of Josef Mengele and Japan's unit 731 were LEGAL under the government of their day. But they were still horrific, immoral and reprehensible and many participants were hung.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Nothing to see here. Move along. IMO a politician must lose ALL credibility on abortion if they give PP ANY kind of a pass.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Regarding pulling the funding for planned parenthood, public money is not allowed to be used to fund abortions. The federal funds that go to PP are supposed to fund other services.

I don't support public funding of PP in the first place. It's a misuse of the public's money. Also, a .org that has a PAC should not receive public funding. If you're taking public money, you just shouldn't get to have a PAC too. Make up your mind. Are you a reproductive service provider or are you a political action committee.

I'd be onboard with that. If you want their services, pay for them.

To PP, I would say that if the majority of your clientele cannot pay for the services you offer, you should have a fund-raising drive. Get people to donate voluntarily to you, whether in money or in time. When we have to be forced to fund something, that instantly raises red flags for me.

Oldpink, you raised the question of gender defining standing. My point was only that it seems legislators are all too happy to tell others (specifically women) what to do with their own bodies, but no laws such as those I described seem to be passed to apply to males, an overwhelming number of national level politicians being men. I don't want more laws, I want fewer, and to lay the responsibility solely with the women seems unacceptable to me.

Woobie, you support whatever you wish. It's not only the federal level that is too far removed from the situation. I recognize that no, or at least da*n few, abortions are acceptable to you. You have a right to that position. I think it's a personal decision, not a legal one at any level. I'd be on board with "no public funds, federal, state, or local, go to those who perform abortions". Push that law and I'll be right there with you. I think it should be legal and available, but I don't think anyone should have to pay for it that isn't doing so of their own volition.

Blessings,
    Bill

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Nothing to see here. Move along. IMO a politician must lose ALL credibility on abortion if they give PP ANY kind of a pass.
    You must to have not read earlier posts....PP is VERY creditable.It helps woman with PAPs and Breast Exams. That surly offsets the scandel of selling baby gibblets. Also,it is a great place to work.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Absolutely its absurd, , , ,
    Abortion is a Legal Medical Procedure.

Genocide is the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular ethnic group or nation.

And slavery was a legal means of owning property. Are you ready to defend that too?

Last edited:

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Well lets see what PP offers as services,

Planned Parenthood has 59 independent local affiliates that operate approximately 700 health centers throughout the United States, providing high-quality services to women, men, and teens.
    Planned Parenthood often is the only source of family planning for a large proportion of the women we serve.
    Our Clients
    Planned Parenthood provides sexual and reproductive health care, education, information, and outreach to more than five million women, men, and adolescents worldwide each year.
    2.7 million women and men in the United States annually visit Planned Parenthood affiliate health centers for trusted health care services and information.
    Eighty-four percent of Planned Parenthood health care clients in the U.S. are age 20 and older.
    One in five women in the U.S. has visited a Planned Parenthood health center at least once in her life.
    Our Work
    Planned Parenthood health centers focus on prevention: 80 percent of our clients receive services to prevent unintended pregnancy.
    Planned Parenthood services help prevent approximately 516,000 unintended pregnancies each year.
    Planned Parenthood provides nearly 400,000 Pap tests and nearly 500,000 breast exams each year, critical services in detecting cancer.
    Planned Parenthood provides nearly 4.5 million tests and treatments for sexually transmitted infections, including 700,00 HIV tests.
    Three percent of all Planned Parenthood health services are abortion services.
    Planned Parenthood affiliates provide educational programs and outreach to 1.5 million young people and adults each year.
    Planned Parenthood has eight million activists, supporters, and donors working for women's health and safety and our fundamental reproductive rights.

If I qualified for a job with them and I was in the market for a job, I most certainly would go to work for them.

Tell me, on the scale of services that PP offers couples and women, does the right to lifers have anything to compare it too ? :dunno:
    For the life of me I can't think of any large nationwide services that the right to lifers have.. Some small church groups...

First of all, this is put out by planned parenthood. Hardly an unbiased source.

Second, half of the services they mention are veiled terms that lead back to abortions.

Im ok with letting them stay in business. Let's remove their license to commit abortion, and see how long they stay around.

Apparently you haven't heard of the Crisis Pregnancy Care Centers. They are all over, with independent offices in many counties, including those that don't have a PP office. They offer support to expecting mothers as well as mothers of infants. They offer, education, emotional support, free diapers, wipes, clothes and other necessary supplies. It's all funded by right to lifers who who obviously don't care about women, and it costs taxpayers nothing, unlike PP.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Keep in mind, PP only gets about 1/3 of their funding from taxpayers. The rest is donated. The law that makes them eligible for public funds was signed by Nixon, who felt that funding organizations that provide pregnancy prevention services would reduce the welfare rolls.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Keep in mind, PP only gets about 1/3 of their funding from taxpayers. The rest is donated. The law that makes them eligible for public funds was signed by Nixon, who felt that funding organizations that provide pregnancy prevention services would reduce the welfare rolls.

Didnt know that about Nixon. Given his penchant for pure evil, I'm not surprised. I'm down with supporting organizations that do good things with private funds. I'm not down with supporting organizations that do good things and kill babies with public funds. Reducing the welfare rolls is great, but I'm not ready to say those ends justify those means.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Didnt know that about Nixon. Given his penchant for pure evil, I'm not surprised. I'm down with supporting organizations that do good things with private funds. I'm not down with supporting organizations that do good things and kill babies with public funds. Reducing the welfare rolls is great, but I'm not ready to say those ends justify those means.

It was pointed out earlier they do not use public funds to pay for abortions. That's fully paid for by the person requesting it.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It was pointed out earlier they do not use public funds to pay for abortions. That's fully paid for by the person requesting it.

Some states do pay 100 percent of the cost of elective abortions without passing on any cost to the federal government.

There is also no government or industry agency tracking insurers’ compliance, making it impossible to know whether providers are following the law. No way to tell if insurance companies are inappropriately using federal subsidies to cover abortion service

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    when I said "public funds" I meant from the federal government. Still, the only thing that separates public money from PP's abortion operations is accounting. PP gets the money. PP performs abortions.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

Money is fungible. Are you telling me they shut the lights off in the clinic when someone walks in for an abortion, then flip a disconnect wired to a separate meter?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Even so, Come L_RD JESUS!

Margaret Sanger the founder of PP said,

"
    Society is divided into three groups. Those intelligent and wealthy members of the upper classes who have obtained knowledge of Birth Control and exercise it in regulating the size of their families. They have already benefited by this knowledge, and are today considered the most respectable and moral members of the community. They have only children when they desire, and all society points to them as types that should perpetuate their kind.

The second group is equally intelligent and responsible. They desire to control the size of their families, but are unable to obtain knowledge or to put such available knowledge into practice.

The third are those irresponsible and reckless ones having little regard for the consequence of their acts, or whose religious scruples prevent their exercising control over their numbers. Many of this group are diseased, feeble-minded, and are of the pauper element dependent entirely upon the normal and fit members of society for their support. There is no doubt in the minds of all thinking people that the procreation of this group should be stopped. For if they are not able to support and care for themselves, they should certainly not be allowed to bring offspring into this world for others to look after. We do not believe that filling the earth with misery, poverty and disease is moral. And it is our desire and intention to carry on our crusade until the perpetuation of such conditions has ceased."

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The third are those irresponsible and reckless ones having little regard for the consequence of their acts, or whose religious scruples prevent their exercising control over their numbers. Many of this group are diseased, feeble-minded, and are of the pauper element dependent entirely upon the normal and fit members of society for their support. There is no doubt in the minds of all thinking people that the procreation of this group should be stopped. For if they are not able to support and care for themselves, they should certainly not be allowed to bring offspring into this world for others to look after. We do not believe that filling the earth with misery, poverty and disease is moral. And it is our desire and intention to carry on our crusade until the perpetuation of such conditions has ceased."

Pretty much sounds like many pro-abortion arguments I've heard over the years.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom