• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaddyFixSemi

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Princeton, In
    Tonight the wife and I decided that we would get some school shopping done for our kids. After having a good time at Wally-World and several good experiances there tonight. we thought that we would treat our kids to pizza hut. After going through the whole routine of getting 3 little kids out of the car and getting them to calm down we walked into the

Pizza Hut #316299 is located at
    4700 W Lloyd Expressway
    Evansville, IN 47712

Upon walking into the store we waited at the entrance for about a minute for someone to seat us when the person behind the counter walks around it and asks us how many, At this point he noticed my openly carried firearm on my right hip. That was when He said "no firearms are allowed in my store." I told him that I've carried here before and he said quote " not when i was here." We then turned around and left going somewhere else to eat with not another word said.

no signs were posted. not sure if this is store/company policy or just this man's opinion. From the sound of it, it almost sounds like it was his personal opinion.

Last edited:

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    For sake of parallel, say a Jewish Orthodox man and his family walked in Pizza Hut with full beard, and black suits and hats. The manager says, "we don't serve Jews in here". "But sir, I've brought my family in here for dinner before". "Not while I was here you didn't".

Not mucb different is it??

Food for thought.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Pizza Hut is very, very anti 2A. I believe theyre owned by Yum. These are the same guys that fired their delivery driver last year for stopping a robbery and potentially saving the life of a cashier because he had a firearm.

But, it's their policy and their right while you did the right thing by voting with your cash.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    For sake of parallel, say a Jewish Orthodox man and his family walked in Pizza Hut with full beard, and black suits and hats. The manager says, "we don't serve Jews in here". "But sir, I've brought my family in here for dinner before". "Not while I was here you didn't".

Not mucb different is it??

Food for thought.

Unfortunately, that's not how it works. I agree that it should work like that, but race, religion, sex, etc are all protected classes. Carriers of firearms are not protected.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    You're probably better off, as their sauce always tastes spoiled and their dough of cardboard.

QFT

Monicals seems to be OC friendly, at least they've never harassed me, and their pizza is deeelicious! Papa Murphy's is really good too and you can definitely OC while you eat :D

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Pizza Hut is very, very anti 2A. I believe theyre owned by Yum. These are the same guys that fired their delivery driver last year for stopping a robbery and potentially saving the life of a cashier because he had a firearm.

But, it's their policy and their right while you did the right thing by voting with your cash.
    Not ALL are "owned" by yum brands. They are franchised also. Yum might own the NAME "pizza hut" but I know you or I could actually franchise and "own" one. :dunno:

Regardless, it sounds like it was this manager's lack of proper firearms education and/or fear. I would contact and talk to anyone/everyone I can to investigate and also inform them that if that is their policy they lost your business and you will be sharing that with this online Indiana forum with over 23k followers.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    Unfortunately, that's not how it works. I agree that it should work like that, but race, religion, sex, etc are all protected classes. Carriers of firearms are not protected.

but either way the owner of the store should have the right to deny service to anyone even among those things.

booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    Sucks u hAd to load up the kids again next time go to a local pizza place or better yet find a gun shop with a pizza place in it, anyone want to start a place like that ?

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Well, let us know about the letter to corporate, as I do buy food there sometimes when I am in a rush. I know the problem with the driver, but there are not a TON of options nearby where I live. Granted, I could always go with a couple others if I need to for something like this. I would be glad to let them know thats why they lost my money.

Top Bottom