• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Dog. The word you are looking for is “dog”.

I would not hesitate to defend my dogs from an attack, but I doubt a firearm is the right tool for the job, especially in a neighborhood. too high of a chance of hitting something you don’t intend to, including your own dog.

Bat, shovel, golf club, etc.

Also, invisible fences aren’t fences. Fences keep things both in AND out. All an invisible fence does is keep your dogs from running from any danger that wanders in.

shadow64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    Plainfield
    So I just found out I have a vicious pit bull a block away. It killed the neighbors dog in her yard right in front of the owner. For some reason the pit didn’t get put down. This was a few months ago. The women was distraught of course when she told me. My dogs love the front yard and are out there every day (invisible fence)

I’m wondering what weapon I would use if that thing came here and attacked my dogs. I have mace, strong air guns, and yea the other guns we all love. I would absolutely end that dog if it was trying to kill my dogs. I found a few links to share. And can anyone add advice for a weapon that I might add?

A pit bull database. Scary stuff.

A pit bull maced and doesn’t stop.

A pit bull beaten and maced and tazed. Doesn’t stop.

I have an air rifle I could put up to his skull and one shot kill (I think).

It would just **** the dog off ! There are bad dogs but most of the time it’s the owner fault. I have had 3 pitbulls and it’s not the breed! ! That is more propaganda for the media do you believe everything they say ? There are a lot of breeds that are more dangerous . yes if it killed the neighbors dog than it should be put down and if it was my dogs that were killed it would have been dead already.

Gd999

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 24, 2020
    Indianapolis
    It would just **** the dog off ! There are bad dogs but most of the time it’s the owner fault. I have had 3 pitbulls and it’s not the breed! ! That is more propaganda for the media do you believe everything they say ? There are a lot of breeds that are more dangerous . yes if it killed the neighbors dog than it should be put down and if it was my dogs that were killed it would have been dead already.
    Well it didn’t get put down. And it’s just down the street from me.

Gd999

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 24, 2020
    Indianapolis
    And it is the breed. Find another breed that has an online fatabae of attacks that is that big. But that’s a topic we can argue all day.

propaganda says pit bulls are good. So no, I don’t listen to propaganda.

I didn’t make this post to argue over whether pits are bad or good. Just that a serious danger is less than a block away.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    These threads never end well.

EnlightenedSecretAfricanfisheagle-size_restricted.gif

Gd999

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 24, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Yea it was a single girl. She was worked up just talking about it even a few months had passed. I felt bad for her. She said they paid the vet bills. But I cannot fathom why it wasn’t put down. Wouldn’t a police report cause it to get euthanized?

ftbstrd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Yorktown/Muncie
    My dogs are family to me, I would have to put my 9mm to work. I would definitely do my best to avoid any stray bullets flying around (muzzle as close to the head as possible) but I would have to kill it.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Dog. The word you are looking for is “dog”.

I would not hesitate to defend my dogs from an attack, but I doubt a firearm is the right tool for the job, especially in a neighborhood. too high of a chance of hitting something you don’t intend to, including your own dog.

Bat, shovel, golf club, etc.

Also, invisible fences aren’t fences. Fences keep things both in AND out. All an invisible fence does is keep your dogs from running from any danger that wanders in.
    Yeah, it is not the breed. Statistically, pits are not the most prone to attack unprovoked. My neighbor, years back, had a yellow lab for years. Was there when his son was born. One day, out of the blue, the dog went after his son and tore the kids face up so bad he needed reconstructive surgery. The kid was not taunting or menacing the dog, the dog just went after the kid.

As far as what to keep around for defense, when I was walking my dog, I always carried a Mag light. 5 batteries, I forget if they were C or D cells, but that flashlight was heavy. I also carried a gun so flashlight was first layer, pistol was "oh crap. flashlight is not working" second layer. My tactics may have been flawed, but that is what I did.

Gd999

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 24, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Just shoot the damn thing? I mean, you are on a gun forum.

Duh.

:):
    It just blows my mind that all the techniques they say work, well they didn’t do much in the video. Pick up back legs. Mace. Stun gun. Kick and punch in head. The only thing I didn’t see was a belt wrapped around to choke it.

ftbstrd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Yorktown/Muncie
    The way those dogs fight..you could put the barrel right up to it and fire. No chance of other getting hurt. Which is why I talked of an air gun. Might not kill it but stop it. But then what if it didn’t and it killed your dog before the 9mm came to say hi.
    I would hope I did kill it before it killed my pet, but it's gonna die either way... Probably not the "right" answer but it is what it is.

shadow64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    Plainfield
    Yea it was a single girl. She was worked up just talking about it even a few months had passed. I felt bad for her. She said they paid the vet bills. But I cannot fathom why it wasn’t put down. Wouldn’t a police report cause it to get euthanized?
    yes I don’t understand why they didn’t put it down

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    And it is the breed. Find another breed that has an online fatabae of attacks that is that big. But that’s a topic we can argue all day.

propaganda says pit bulls are good. So no, I don’t listen to propaganda.

I didn’t make this post to argue over whether pits are bad or good. Just that a serious danger is less than a block away.
    propaganda also says they are bad. The media loves those pit bull attack headlines. Pit Bull covers a large number of breeds, in some instances. A good solid fence is the best defense. Maybe an airhorn. The pit in my picture never attacked another dog, but some attacked him when we would go for walks. if they were small dogs, he's usually just pin them until they quit fighting, then let them walk away. Some were dumb enough to keep trying.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Even the mailman today, a sub, knows the dog. And he says it’s very Mean. Always at the window trying to get at him.
    good grief- lots of dogs act like that when the mailman, etc., come around. We had a mail carrier attacked by 2 dogs, and they were said to be pit bulls. they were not pit bulls. one was a rotweiller lab mix, and the other some other kind of mix.

Top Bottom