• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Just the small amount I tried it on my CZ P10F I found having an RDS to be more accurate 15yds out to 50yds. It was also faster aiming 25yds out to 50yds.
    Where I struggled was inside 15yds. I am much faster with iron sights at that distance.
    The closer I got to the target the slower I was with an rds. The farther I got from the target the faster I was with an rds.
    My problem was finding the reticle on the rds as I have muscle memory bringing my pistol up to high trying to get the front sight in view. That is just enough to slow me down when I needed to be faster not slower.
    So after evaluating the situation I have decided until I learn how to use an rds properly it will stay off my edc.
    I have a Dagger I bought just for the purpose of learning how to use an rds. Once I get proficient with it on the Dagger I'll put one on my CZ P10F also.
    I did however put one on my Taurus Model 44 for hunting. It made a huge difference for my eyes. I can now see the reticle even in low light conditions where I struggled in the past several years because of my eye sight failing me.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Why does it have that reputation?
    Because one guy (who is great BTW) drops guns on concrete and when the glass breaks stops testing them and they go on the bad list?

I had (recently traded) a Romeo 1pro with probably 3000 rounds, and have two others that are approaching that between the two of them, all have ran without a hiccup. And I do not run the metal shrouds on them either.

I’ve ran a couple of batteries down by leaving them turned up, but seem to have good luck turning them down while not being carried.

Just wondering if this bad reputation is really all that widespread?
    Sorry for the requote, I should have included this in the original response. I 100% get your point, and I couldn't agree more. Take Scott Jedlinski for example, don't get me wrong, I like him. I have had conversations with him and his wife outside of class, I've taken class with him, he puts out great information, but the amount of bro worship that goes on is incredible. So I know what you're saying.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    No, not just Aaron. I have a lot of involvement with this stuff outside of here, and the Sig optic reputation has been of less than reliable. Last year when I shot mine in a Dave Spaulding class, he was very interested to see how it worked as he said they seldom see them make it through a class. I think they are similar to Holosun, higher than average problems at first, but improving.
    Interesting. I’m certainly not up to speed on this, so thanks for the info. I thought maybe this reputation had just caught on because of Aaron but apparently not.

I guess they work for me so far. Maybe I’m not as mean and tough guy as I think I am. That’s the footprint I have mostly, and had a Deltapoint pro and couldn’t stand it.

I will say I’m really surprised a Romeo1 pro would not make it through a class.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.

This video fits with what we are talking about, though I have to say I am not the dot evangelist Mike has turned into. It is funny to me that when I would show up to classes 10, 12 years ago with a dot gun, some of the instructors pushing them hard now, wanted nothing to do with it then.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Interesting. I’m certainly not up to speed on this, so thanks for the info. I thought maybe this reputation had just caught on because of Aaron but apparently not.

I guess they work for me so far. Maybe I’m not as mean and tough guy as I think I am. That’s the footprint I have mostly, and had a Deltapoint pro and couldn’t stand it.

I will say I’m really surprised a Romeo1 pro would not make it through a class.

Curious what you don't like about the DPP. It's the only one I have experience with, so I have nothing to compare to.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I really did not like the one button to toggle through all the settings, and then that one button was placed so that my fat greasy paw hit the glass every time I went to adjust it.

Yep, and you have to remove your finger to see what you're doing to the dot, after smudging the glass with said greasy finger, yep.

I'm going try some others out, but the DPP's have served me well otherwise, though it's mostly light duty with them so far.

I have one of the better Vortex's sitting in a box waiting for it's chance.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Curious what you don't like about the DPP. It's the only one I have experience with, so I have nothing to compare to.

If you don't mind me answering... The DPP was my second style of slide mounted red dot. First was RMR on carry guns starting in 2010. About 2016 I set up a G17 with a DPP and used it for about 3 years as my USPSA optic. Not a lot of choices at that time and it worked just fine. My biggest gripe was the dang brightness adjustment button. I also don't care for its height. If you want to run BUIS they are TALL. For the money I think it is still a decent optic with an easy to change battery and good window size. I think the Trijicon SRO which I use on my match gun now, beats it handily though.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Yep, and you have to remove your finger to see what you're doing to the dot, after smudging the glass with said greasy finger, yep.

I'm going try some others out, but the DPP's have served me well otherwise, though it's mostly light duty with them so far.

I have one of the better Vortex's sitting in a box waiting for it's chance.

I have a Trijicon rmr, it was actually my first, and trying to learn on it was tough, but ended up really learning on the Romeo. I can use it now, but a lot of this is about presentation, and since my Romeo’s are on 320’s and a 229 and the Trijicon is on an FNX 45 that is don’t hardly ever shoot, I don’t have that presentation down.

I have an Eotech EFLX on backorder, if they ever release them. DPP/Romeo footprint.

Top Bottom