• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    No offense to anyone, but I think pink firearms are ridiculous and improper and imprudent.

Firearms should be black or subdued or blued or stainless and have nice wood grain finishes.

Firearms should not look like toys.

Firearms should look dark and menacing and evil and foreboding, and should hint at their lethality.

Or, a firearm's look should make the observer think of their great-grandfather, or a piece of vintage antique oak furniture, or a swallow of fine sippin' bourbon.

A firearm's appearance should not remind the observer of the day care center toy box.

That's what I think.

OK but if your name is Bubba and you are now in prison after being shot with a "Hello Kitty" pink gun then it is very likely that you will "catching" rather than "pitching" if you get my drift :laugh:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Yup I have spray bombed most of the M-16's and M-4's that I have carried. Concealment can just be 97 cents away.
    It works and it can stripped back off before I have to put it back into the arms room.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    No offense, but guns are personal property and should be whatever color the owner wants them to be. And people who complain about someone else's choice in that matter should get a life forthwith.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Perhaps this has already been said, forgive me if that is the case:

I think the pink guns thing is demeaning. Its like saying "We don't think you are smart enough to choose this gun based on its other merits, so we'll paint it pink because then you are sure to buy it." It would be like trying to sell a dog turd wrapped in bacon on this site. Just because its bacon wrapped doesn't make it better. It would be the same thing with, say, a top of the line 1911. Wrap it in bacon, it doesn't improve the gun. Paint it pink, it doesn't make it "better" but they are banking on more female sales because of it.

Having said that, I guess you can't blame them for something that works. I get so frustrated when my g/f goes up to the gun case and gravitates straight to the pink guns. I gladly support an interest in guns, but be a little more discerning than liking something just based on color.

The pink gun thing has ill effects. A J-frame sized .357 airweight painted pink? What a mistake. Way to "lure" a woman into buying what may be the worst possible choice for her.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    No, the point is that WE know that the pink guns work just like their black/grey/silver colored ones. The color doesn't alter that. It's just that pink is pretty - while also, in this case, deadly! Yeah, baby!!:rockwoot:

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    No, the point is that WE know that the pink guns work just like their black/grey/silver colored ones. The color doesn't alter that. It's just that pink is pretty - while also, in this case, deadly! Yeah, baby!!:rockwoot:
    :+1:

And fwiw, the pink Taurus Millennium Pro is what made me decide that guns were "ok" (even though once I got to the decision-making process I ended up choosing a SIG). In fact, I can't wait until the P250 SC comes out so I can recolor my P250 C. :D

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    A girl i shot with once decided that if the gun is pink the attacker may laugh at it.... Then she can place 2-3 decent hits and end the situation.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I am still looking for that perfect pink gun! I would like it in the form of an AR but I don't think that is going to happen. I wouldn't mind a purple one either.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    You guys are going to make me blush...

*thinks a minute* (watch out for the steam!!)

Wait a second! If I blush I'll just be even more pink, right?

Ok, you can keep praising me. ;)

(PS.. I wouldn't be so awesome if it weren't for the people I hang around with. You two are pretty awesome yourselves!!! :D and rep to both of you.. I can't let that blatant love go without love back!!)

crosby841

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    I am still looking for that perfect pink gun! I would like it in the form of an AR but I don't think that is going to happen. I wouldn't mind a purple one either.

Charter is making a purple .38 like the pink one they already had, revolvers might not be your thing but purple is out there

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Charter is making a purple .38 like the pink one they already had, revolvers might not be your thing but purple is out there
    I vote for Goddess Purple:

GODDESS_PURPLE_C.jpg

Jerry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S. Indy
    Cavalry arms makes pink AR furniture, there are also a few pink polymer receivers floating around they've made as well.
    pink-1.jpg

IMG_1433.jpg

Top Bottom