PEOPLE, PLEASE STOP FOR SCHOOL BUSES!!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Can they be issued a ticket based on a picture not taken by a LEO?

Yes they can, and yes they do. Not all the buses have the cameras, so the runners won't know until it is too late.

I am not privy to the quality of the pictures. Not sure if they catch the driver or just the plate on the back. Will ask when I can.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    The camera quality is very high. The ones I have seen can make out the driver easily, provided there are no environmental barriers preventing it.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    That would be tough for the drivers in the far lane to see the stop arm. Man those two cops are probably still writing the tickets out tho.

Roguelet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Montgomery County
    Our school corporation included this in a newsletter that was sent out at the end of the summer:

"Transportation News: The 2019 Indiana General Assembly passed a law addressing student safety and school bus routes. This law requires that when a school bus is operated on a U.S. route or a state route outside of a city or town, students cannot be loaded or unloaded at a location requiring a student to cross the roadway, unless there is no other safe alternative available on the bus route. If the latter is the case, when elementary school students are being loaded or unloaded on the bus, the proposed route must be approved by the school board. This law also provides when a street or highway other than a U.S. or state route is on the bus route, the students must be loaded and unloaded as close to the right hand curb or edge of the road as possible. Our drivers have been working very hard to rework the routes to keep our students safe and to be compliant with this law. This means that your student’s pick up/drop off time may change for next school year. For example, your student may have been one of the first picked up last school year, but may be the last pick up in the fall. These changes must occur in order to keep students from crossing a busy roadway. The length of the regular routes, themselves, should not change, but the time your student is accustomed to being pick up/dropped off will. Afternoon buses may take longer to deliver students home. That varies depending on which students stay for Bonus. Be sure to login to PowerSchool to check for changes to morning and afternoon bus numbers. The new law required several changes to bus assignments. Thank you for your patience and understanding of these changes."

The bus driver that takes care of our location has stops on a particularly nasty stretch of SR 32, and she said people drive past her all the time... makes me REALLY mad.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    They made those changes at our school as well. It did increase the drive time I believe. Some students had to change buses so they could get picked up on the correct (safer) side of the road. We are mostly country roads and small towns, but there are a couple highways that they have to contend with.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Social Media FB pages around the Rochester area are filled with lots of nasty, uninformed and frankly ignorant comments. FWIW, I think both sides are a bit unhinged. I think this lady and her family will need to relocate. The mother of the deceased children physically attacked her after the sentencing and was arrested for misdemeanor assault (I think that was the charge) and was led off in handcuffs. I hear she was released during the wee hours of the morning.

Unfortunately, this incident likely will not really change anything. People still ignore the stop arms, busses still stop on the "Wrong" side of the road.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I can honestly say she got off. Far to easy.
    Yes she will need to relocate. 4 years is not enough time for this pain to heal. She could and should be in more trouble.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Social Media FB pages around the Rochester area are filled with lots of nasty, uninformed and frankly ignorant comments. FWIW, I think both sides are a bit unhinged. I think this lady and her family will need to relocate. The mother of the deceased children physically attacked her after the sentencing and was arrested for misdemeanor assault (I think that was the charge) and was led off in handcuffs. I hear she was released during the wee hours of the morning.

Unfortunately, this incident likely will not really change anything. People still ignore the stop arms, busses still stop on the "Wrong" side of the road.

Post 210
    Charged with misdemeanor battery

Top Bottom