PEOPLE, PLEASE STOP FOR SCHOOL BUSES!!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Can't find a link but just watched a story on WTHR about a problem bus stop near Kokomo on 31 where the bus driver apparently rarely puts out the stop arm. Saw plenty of video of it happening. That driver should be fired.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side

the finished product, thanks to I.T. Equipment in Plymouth IN for their time and donation

m5JoaDj.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is one of those stores where people engage in virtue signaling from all sides.

There is so much emotion attached to these tragedy's. The Terrorists in my avatar started school this year. If something were to happen to them I am sure it would be far more than I could bear. My heart still aches when I think of this especially since the entire thing was avoidable. I can not even begin to know that level of loss/pain.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    An expression of sorrow for the family is not virtue signalling. It's humanity.

Internet published outrage, anger, threats....or decrying other as cruel, mean, heartless, etc. by people who's only involvement with the story is what they saw on the news and social media....that's virtue signaling.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    [h=3]Angie Bernotus[/h]And every single one of you haters have never made a poor judgement call on the road? Never been distracted with worrying thoughts about a family a member that you ended up spacing out while driving? Never texted and drove? Never turned around to see what your child was crying about? None of you have ever ended up with close calls on the road and thought afterwards “whew, That could have turned out bad?” What if this was your 24 yo daughter? Very few people in this world leave in the morning with intentions to be wreckless . It’s a sad situation for EVERYONE!

91 · Like · React · Report · Yesterday at 1:00 PM

What if this was your 24 year old daughter?
    Seems like this entire post is just one excuse after another.

I'm not saying we go burn her at the stake.
    But just because she didn't "intend to" kill anyone to me only means the difference between murder and manslaughter.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Obviously I don’t know the full details of what happened.

but I don’t think i’d ask for her to be tossed in prison if those were my kids.

My kids would still be gone. She would feel no worse than she does now. But now her kids would be without a mom just like their parents are without a kid.

sometimes life just sucks

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Obviously I don’t know the full details of what happened.

but I don’t think i’d ask for her to be tossed in prison if those were my kids.

My kids would still be gone. She would feel no worse than she does now. But now her kids would be without a mom just like their parents are without a kid.

sometimes life just sucks

I feel sorry for her.
    I still think she needs to do the time.
    Penance is not just a religious construct.
    And.. how about letting some of the other drivers we're not tolerating this.

Back in the day, we let drunk drivers get by with killing people.
    "It wasn't their fault. They were drunk."

Then people got tired of it.

Well, people have been pushing the envelope with their cars.
    Not just cell phones.
    People shave. Put on make up. Read books. ETC.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    How will her time in prison affect her children?

Again, I am not fully aware of the situation behind this, if it was purely a case of a distraught women rushing to see her dad and distracted by kids in the car, I would not want her in prison.

Knowing I could keep their mom in the lives of these children I think would bring me comfort.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Since I was raised with the philosophy that you "do the time" regardless of the "reason", I would then have to ignore my parent that didn't take their punishment. Everything they taught me after that would be a lie.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TravGreen2703!!
    Top Bottom