• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Lots of debate on this. Some feel we're obligated as humans. Some say they're refugees, not ISIS. I say this:

1) I'm going to give you 6 glasses of water. One is poisoned and you have no means to tell the difference. Would you drink any?

2) I'm certain not all the refugees are ISIS or islamists. I'm also not certain they all are not.

3) Want to vet them before they enter? Feed them all bacon.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    What confuses me is that during the Korean War the U. S. response was to send troops and materiel to help them solve the problem. During the Vietnam war we sent troops and materiel to help them solve the problem (neither of which worked but that is not the point) Now we just invite all of the "refugees" to come live here. How did we come to this "logic"?

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    That sounds exactly like what my mother would say. IMO the problem is not "religion" - the problem is insane people slaughtering other people because they refuse to embrace a religion of insanity.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    This is a good thing. There is no way to vet these people. We don't have access to these peoples criminal history. We might catch a few if they happen to be in the system and give their real names and they've been caught doing something bad before. Most of these people will come here as a number in the system. No background information will be available.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    What confuses me is that during the Korean War the U. S. response was to send troops and materiel to help them solve the problem. During the Vietnam war we sent troops and materiel to help them solve the problem (neither of which worked but that is not the point) Now we just invite all of the "refugees" to come live here. How did we come to this "logic"?

It's fashionable logic that looks good to big media.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Like it or not, we are at war. It is not a war of our choosing, but is a war that we must fight. Our adversary is very adept at using the freedoms of Western culture to perpetuate this war. With each successive attack, they are finding that they can significantly strip freedoms from the societies that they hate.

One way to beat them at their own game is to prevent them from having the same freedoms that law abiding citizens have, and in many cases, even MORE freedoms as political refugees. Yes, it may be unpleasant to some, and it may be an unpopular thing to do. But something must be done to protect the rights of our citizens from acts of war by those that are not citizens.

What I find particular interesting is that in many recent conflicts, war refugees have typically been women and children, as well as males that are elderly, or otherwise physically unable to fight. In this crisis we are seeing a large number of fighting age males included in these streams of refugees flooding into Europe and other parts of the world. It really makes you wonder what the real agenda is. Are these men cowards? Have they determined that staying behind would be certain death in an unwinnable war? have they determined that they can perpetuate their agenda by brining the fight to other countries, vs. fighting in their own?

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    I think there is still a few exceptions...if "Mr. Ali" has lived here for 25 years wants to bring his 10 year old nieces and nephews I really don't have a problem with that. I even inclined to allow some adults that can prove solid roots and family here.

Top Bottom