• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I have been looking at PCCs for a few months now and haven't quite decided on which one to get. I'm heavily vested in Glock platform mags already but am not 100% married to the idea. I have thought about grabbing one of the following:

B&T APC9k Pro in 9mm.

CMMG Banshee in 9mm.

MP5 clone (not HK because the SPK is an abomination unto the Lord) - but which one? Zenith? Century? That other one? Dakota?

I will be suppressing it with the one and only suppressor I have. I'd prefer an SBR over a brace but maybe I'll eventually buy a braced pistol until it is double plus illegal as we often leave the state and I like to take my toys with me.

Since I'm shooting suppressed predominately, it seems like anything but the A3 Stribog is a bad one. Scorpions seem to require a lot of aftermarket parts, The Sig Mwhateveritscalled also seems to maybe not suppress well?

I'm probably beating a dead horse by asking this topic. Am I missing something in my consideration for a 9mm suppressed PCC style gun?

I'm okay with buying once and crying many times as I am often seen crying curled up in a ball cradling my few nice possessions reminding myself that I am not already mostly nearly dead.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    The MPX has a pretty huge suppressor advantage due to actually having a gas system and locking bolt. If I had my heart set on best possible suppressor performance I probably would pony up for something with delayed blowback or gas operation. MP5s are pretty awesome suppressed.

I wouldn't get too hung up on Glock mags. They're honestly not that great for PCCs. Don't be afraid to get something with purpose-designed mags that'll work well.

I like the Scorpion so far but I don't think it's gonna be that Cadillac suppressed experience it sounds like you're looking for.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    If you want some trigger time behind a Scorpion, let me know. But, no, it's not Glock-pattern.

The Banshee's kinda/sorta radial-delayed blowback recoil system seems pretty neat. But that also means proprietary parts.

A buddy of mine has a FX pistol and it's quite nice.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    I run a Scorpion, MPX(Pistol & Rifle), AR9, AKV,ARV ,Extar EP9, Stribog with their lower and a Scorpion lower, and Ruger PC Carbine. While I don't run any suppressed, they all have pros and cons.
    Yes I have sank some funds into some of them but it was more out of comfort and appearance than necessity. I enjoy shooting them all and have various mag platforms.

Last edited:

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Supposedly the softest shooter of everything listed is the Banshee thanks to its radial delayed blowback.

The radial delayed does help. Banshee is softer shooting than my Ruger PCC or Marlin Camp 9, and it weighs substantially less, with less of a 'brace' to cozy up to. Glock mags run great - I have yet to have a misfire or hang-up, with about 700 mixed variety of rounds sent downrange.

9mm Goodness.jpg

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    If we're straying from suppressed, I have or had the following PCCs:
    Calico
    Old model Ruger PC9
    Above-mentioned MP5 clone
    Uzi carbine
    Sub 2000

Calico was the easiest to shoot but hardest to get on target and not the most reliable, especially with the 100 round mag. Tough cheek weld, just like the Sub 2000 and the Uzi. It helped to get an optics rail to keep from using the rear sight, which was on the removable magazine. The Calico was the only one to be readily ambi, with controls on both sides and downward eject. The PC9 was the most accurate but also the heaviest.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I've had a blowback 9mm AR, a Ruger PC Carbine, and now a 9mm AR built on the CMMG radially delayed blowback system. The blowback 9mm AR was the worst of the three...I fought doubling issues and out of battery discharge problems galore. I finally got it tuned right, but even then the recoil impulse was about on par or maybe even worse than a .223, which is kinda dumb for a pistol caliber rifle.

The Ruger was reliable, and pretty accurate, but I didn't care for having to unscrew the action every time I cleaned it. It was also heavier than I felt it needed to be, and the takedown system was cheap feeling and not confidence inspiring. I envisioned breakage in it's future, so I sold it.

I finally ended up putting together a gun using the CMMG radially delayed blowback system. It uses a standard AR lower and the .223 pmag conversions, which work great. It's lightweight and smooth cycling, with low recoil, and supurbly reliable...everything I was hoping for in a pistol caliber AR. Because of the bolt operates with a camming action like a traditional AR bolt, it also provides out of battery protection, which most of the straight blowback ARs lack.

The one problem I've had with the CMMG is the ejector pin got beaten to death after about 1000 rounds. I replaced it, but with the current ammo situation being what it is, I have only got 3-400 rounds through it since the fix, so I can't say if I've permanently resolved the issue or not. I did contact CMMG about it, and they sent me some free replacement ejector springs and pins, as well as a weight tuning kit for the bolt carrier. I installed the lightest weight, and it seems to have smoothed the gun out even more, and brass seems to be ejecting where it should, so hopefully that has reduced the impact on the ejector somewhat.

Even if I do have to change the springs and pins every 1000 rounds or so, though, I still like this gun much better than the others I've owned. A co-worker has an MPX and we've shot them side by side. The MPX is ever so slightly smoother, but not enough to justify double what I have in my CMMG build IMO.

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    Between those three.... My vote is for the CMMG. Although personally I got a soft spot for mp5s.. Can't help but realize the CMMG offerings being more practical.
    IMG_20220429_014230_084.jpg
    Friend of mine bought the Century MP5 clone and he had a lot of issues with it. So I'd probably steer clear of the century / zenith.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Although personally I got a soft spot for mp5s..

Me too...and despite knowing a couple of people with access to real ones, I've never had a chance to shoot one. I'm at the point where I'm kinda scared to try it even given the opportunity because there will be one of two outcomes: 1. It'll be a huge letdown and this inflated image that I've created in my mind will be hopelessly shattered forever or 2. It'll be awesome, everything I've always hoped it would be, and I'll end up spending way too much money that I don't really have on that PTR 9CT that I keep ogling online!

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    Me too...and despite knowing a couple of people with access to real ones, I've never had a chance to shoot one. I'm at the point where I'm kinda scared to try it even given the opportunity because there will be one of two outcomes: 1. It'll be a huge letdown and this inflated image that I've created in my mind will be hopelessly shattered forever or 2. It'll be awesome, everything I've always hoped it would be, and I'll end up spending way too much money that I don't really have on that PTR 9CT that I keep ogling online!
    "Never meet your heroes"
    Yeah you're exactly right.

Top Bottom