• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Is anyone running an FX9 suppressed? That’s my plan once my can comes in.
    I have one I’ve shot a decent amount; mostly suppressed. It has a nice drop in trigger In it and I can run it quickly and accurately. I had some feeding issues early on but it seems to be fine now. I’ve shot about 90% handloads so I won’t know if it was oal or what.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    If you are planning on shooting mostly suppressed, I personally would stay away from anything with a gas system. 9mm doesn’t have enoug gas pressure to keep a gas tube cleaned out when shooting suppressed. Straight blowback has slightly harsher recoil but will end up being more reliable in the end.
    of course an MP5 style doesn’t have that issue and has the cool factor as well. AR9’s have the advantage of all the aftermarket support. i Have the above mentioned FX9 and even with the shorter upper and lower, most AR bolt one drop right in. box triggers, ambi safeties, anything that you want to bolt onto a hand guard etc.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I have been running a suppressed sbr’d mke ap5 since around September. My scorpion carbine hasn’t come out of the safe since that time. I have put a couple thousand rounds through it with no issues at all.

Last round bolt hold open is about the only thing the scorpion does better. The scorpion suppresses well enough, but ends up being a mile long with my can. It is way cheaper to buy mags for.

Top Bottom