PART 2: I'm new an your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Ok, my shooter fu is on the fritz. Where might I find this martyr?

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I like to tweak these guys complaining about the 50 posts rule by informing them that I only needed 10 quality posts to gain access to the classifieds.
    I had 300 and hardly knew classy’s existed, paid before I ever did any business, I appreciate the place for what it is!
    Someone that can’t throw another $20 at something they just can’t live without isn’t thinking straight, IMO. I think it turns into more of a pride, I’ll show them, thing.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I like to tweak these guys complaining about the 50 posts rule by informing them that I only needed 10 quality posts to gain access to the classifieds.
    Whew. Tweak. On first glance I thought that said twerk! :n00b: Had to go back for a second take.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Hmmmmmmm:

The group did a nice job hazing the new guy in that thread. Took nine post before you explained the 50 post rule. And your response was preceded and followed by many less than welcoming comments.

Granted the new guy was pretty thin skinned too and took an aggressive stance pretty quickly. Humor and sarcasm does not always translate well on social media.

But come on guys, you were not very welcoming to a potential future member. We can do better.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    The group did a nice job hazing the new guy in that thread. Took nine post before you explained the 50 post rule. And your response was preceded and followed by many less than welcoming comments.
    I began typing my response right after the new user started name calling in post 5.

The rules need to be clearer that access to the conversation system is tied to the 50 posts and/or site supporter status, not just classified access.

It's never a good idea to join a forum and start name calling. I lurk before I join, then lurk some more after joining. You really should get the lay if the land. Or you can start making demands and name calling like this guy did.

shadow64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    Plainfield
    I jumped in in first and told him please read the rules because I knew what was coming up next . And yes it could be clearer about no pm till 50 posts . seems like a easy fix.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Granted the new guy was pretty thin skinned too and took an aggressive stance pretty quickly. Humor and sarcasm does not always translate well on social media.

But come on guys, you were not very welcoming to a potential future member. We can do better.
    The first two posts suggested reading the rules,which he obviously had not...

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    The first two posts suggested reading the rules,which he obviously had not...
    Oh please, how many software/forum “Terms of Agreement” rules do you actually read in detail before checking the box “I Agree”. New guy was abrasive but INGOm (Indiana Grumpy Old Men) responses just stirred the s… But you can all proudly tell the Kindergarten teacher “He started it”.

Reactions: KLB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom