PART 2: I'm new an your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    No sir, I'm a chevy boy but if I ever grow up (get rich) I'll become a Dodge man! Grew up in a racing family. Never knew any different so I wrench. Lol. Currently a fleet mechanic for a utility company.
    The beauty about this forum is that it's so much more than just about firearms. For example there are quite a few members that are also gearheads, Our own churchmouse among others have quite an extensive history in all sorts of things related to cars and racing.

There are a number of threads about cars and racing in the breakroom section. Then we have the motorcycle, knife and even watch collecting enthusiasts among many other interests here as well.

If someone can't find something worth while to get out of this community then they are'nt really trying.

Welcome aboard. :ingo:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If all you did was log in and just post in the classifieds, then it looks like they might have had reason to delete the account, according to their rules.
    Yup. Soooooo many would be booted off.

But it would appear that or guy here has an issue beyond this. I never deleted his existence from the site.
    But I am wondering why, after all that time he is back. Is it to contribute or sell ammo at ridiculous prices.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If all you did was log in and just post in the classifieds, then it looks like they might have had reason to delete the account, according to their rules.
    And if that *IS* the case, are your margins so small that you cant pony up $20/year for the privilege of posting ads?

Or is that not even an option now for those that just want to post in the classifieds only? I may have missed that memo.

Last edited:

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    And if that *IS* the case, are your margins so small that you cant pony up $20/year for the privilege of posting ads?

Or is that not even an option now for those that just want to post in the classifieds only? I may have missed that memo.
    Don't know. Just glad they don't 1098 me for haw-kin my wares. Would definitely be a sunk cost.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I wanted to PM someone last night, but I couldn't figure out how to do it. Or, is that also restricted for a while???

Thanks
    Reading Is Fundamental. Please review these two posts. it will answer your questions.

and

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I wanted to PM someone last night, but I couldn't figure out how to do it. Or, is that also restricted for a while???

Thanks

My second thought is why would someone brand ne to the site use the term PM when we have a Start conversation and not Private Message system. :scratch:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My second thought is why would someone brand ne to the site use the term PM when we have a Start conversation and not Private Message system. :scratch:
    Probably because most every other forum uses the term PM. Xenfro is the first message board Ive used that uses that terminology. And my BBS/forum days go back into the early 1990s.

Frontiersman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    East Central Indiana
    I suppose that explains why I am unable to find a "PM" feature. This forum is a bit different from others I have experienced.

Years of using the term "PM" at work. It is what it is.

You really are a crotchety old member. You have offered no help at all, just criticism.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I told you that the forum rules explained your problem. The question about the use of PM was genuine. I do not participate in other fora, so I was not aware of the ubiquitous use of the term.

My apologies.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I suppose that explains why I am unable to find a "PM" feature. This forum is a bit different from others I have experienced.

Years of using the term "PM" at work. It is what it is.

You really are a crotchety old member. You have offered no help at all, just criticism.
    First, you didn't read the rules. This shows alack of respect for the forum and it's members.

Second, you were too lazy to look for the answer yourself.

Third, you were too lazy to read the thread you posted in, because if you had you would have known this is NOT the place to get anything else but some snark. The snark occurs because too many new members don't read the rules (are you seeing a pattern here?) and think that the forum will adapt to them. That won't happen here.

I bet I'm saying this nicer than some folks will.

Frontiersman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    East Central Indiana
    I told you that the forum rules explained your problem. The question about the use of PM was genuine. I do not participate in other fora, so I was not aware of the ubiquitous use of the term.

My apologies.
    I just read the forum rules for the 7th time, as I read them when they were sent with my welcome letter. Although the rules themselves use the term "PM" at least twice, I don't see where they mention any restriction to private messages for new accounts. I was trying to PM a guy that wants to talk about CAS that lives in the neighboring county.

Thanks anyway.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I just read the forum rules for the 7th time, as I read them when they were sent with my welcome letter. Although the rules themselves use the term "PM" at least twice, I don't see where they mention any restriction to private messages for new accounts. I was trying to PM a guy that wants to talk about CAS that lives in the neighboring county.

Thanks anyway.

I will agree that the rules need to be brought up to date to conform with the new software and to clarify a few things.

Frontiersman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    East Central Indiana
    First, you didn't read the rules. This shows alack of respect for the forum and it's members.

Second, you were too lazy to look for the answer yourself.

Third, you were too lazy to read the thread you posted in, because if you had you would have known this is NOT the place to get anything else but some snark. The snark occurs because too many new members don't read the rules (are you seeing a pattern here?) and think that the forum will adapt to them. That won't happen here.

I bet I'm saying this nicer than some folks will.
    I've read the rules plenty. I even came to this thread thinking it would have the answers.

I have to tell you, this really is not the best state forum in the country. I should have stayed out west. Other forums would end the abuse and bash the troll.

If the answer to the question is in those rules, please cut and paste. I don't see it in there. One of you already bashed the term "PM" when that is in the rules. Maybe I am not the one that needs to read them. I do recall a section on civility. Maybe you should go re-read that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom