PART 2: I'm new an your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    On the old site you could not post a quote without adding content.

Being able to post just a quote is a great way to get your fiddy.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    WOW, just :wow:

Neither are quality post, are meager one liners and on top of that the post I'm replying to is merely a quote of two posts.

So that's 3 meager posts of no quality, me thinks you didn't read the FAQ, must be a really nice bright shiny you're looking at.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I had to PM a guy who joined back in dec. His first post was "is this still available?" on a classified item.

I PM'd him a link to the readme file he should have seen back in December. SMH

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I didnt mind until my account was deleted out of know where, and I have to start all over again. No warning or anything. Logged in weekly even.
    Well. . . . . the rules are pretty clear, perhaps one of the lawyer types could read them to you or maybe one of the cop types. Kinda like a Miranda before being signed off on or something?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I didnt mind until my account was deleted out of know where, and I have to start all over again. No warning or anything. Logged in weekly even.
    Why should we warn you about something that you should make yourself aware of.
    My time here is free. As is all the rest of us. You are asked to read the rules (you should do that anyway) when you join.

Man this gets so old.

This is the 1st paragraph in the rules and it states very clearly what we expect and what it will be and why.

For your reading pleasure .....
    In order to participate in the classifieds section, you must have a quality post count of 50 or more

You can also bypass the 50 posts by BECOMING A SITE SUPPORTER HERE: https://www.indianagunowners.com/account/upgrades

This policy is in place to help weed out scammers/spammers and gives our members a chance to get a feel for you as a board member. Do not attempt to gain access to the classifieds by posting a bunch of "one-liners". That will not work. Thank you and enjoy the classifieds!

Remember the classifieds are a PERK for CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS. This is either by posting on a somewhat regular basis* outside of the classifieds or by becoming a Site Supporter. We are no longer letting members get their minimum post requirement and then spend the rest of their time selling in the classifieds without supporting the site that allows them to do so.

(* "regular basis" is at the staff's discretion)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Account deleted totally, or your (non-quality) posts deleted? I dont see why the former would happen, but the latter most definitely. If you did something seriously wrong, your account wouldnt be deleted but locked so you couldnt post anymore. If they deleted accounts of misbehaving users, the user could easily come back and recreate the account, negating the ban by deletion. I cant think of a good reason why an admin would totally delete an account.

drysdaleg88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2021
    Columbus
    Account deleted totally, or your (non-quality) posts deleted? I dont see why the former would happen, but the latter most definitely. If you did something seriously wrong, your account wouldnt be deleted but locked so you couldnt post anymore. If they deleted accounts of misbehaving users, the user could easily come back and recreate the account, negating the ban by deletion. I cant think of a good reason why an admin would totally delete an account.
    Totally deleted, never once have I caused a problem on here. Been a member since 2011ish.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Totally deleted, never once have I caused a problem on here. Been a member since 2011ish.
    Odd. Have you been on since the site changed software? Maybe the account didnt get migrated somehow? I'm not an admin, but I see no logical reason why they would have deleted an account totally. That's not SOP for any issues I'm aware of. I think the only time it would happen is if you request your account to be deleted, but I'm not even sure they honor that. I think they would simply shooter the account so you couldnt log in.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Odd. Have you been on since the site changed software? Maybe the account didnt get migrated somehow? I'm not an admin, but I see no logical reason why they would have deleted an account totally. That's not SOP for any issues I'm aware of. I think the only time it would happen is if you request your account to be deleted, but I'm not even sure they honor that. I think they would simply shooter the account so you couldnt log in.
    I was wondering the same thing. Maybe it was a glitch of the software change.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    ................................................................................................................................................................
    Remember the classifieds are a PERK for CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS. This is either by posting on a somewhat regular basis* outside of the classifieds or by becoming a Site Supporter. We are no longer letting members get their minimum post requirement and then spend the rest of their time selling in the classifieds without supporting the site that allows them to do so.

(* "regular basis" is at the staff's discretion)
    If all you did was log in and just post in the classifieds, then it looks like they might have had reason to delete the account, according to their rules.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom