• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I just never really realized that parents could care THAT little about how their kids act. I'm in utter shock to be honest. I knew not all parents taught their children respect and morals but my goodness...

I'm seriously worked up about all of this, even AFTER the fact. When we got home I was on the verge of pissed and close to crying. I've just never been in that kind of situation. I'm blessed to have a child who is so friendly and respectful. But now I'm worried about her letting other kids walk all over her. I wanted SO bad to tell her to hit him back. It seriously took everything I had. I'm just not sure if I handled the situation as well as I could have.

It's amazing how much it breaks your heart to see a child be SO mean to your kid.

i have told my daughter to always hit back if attacked first and I will ALWAYS be there to back her up!! hit my kid then be prepared to get your ass kicked by my kid. I will train my kid with everything i know to increase her odds of victory in a fight that wasnt her fault. now if she starts a fight then my hand is gonna be spanking her ass.

I would have bought 2 plane tickets home and left the woman with her brat kids and her car. or you could have pulled the little brat asside at one of your stops and told him if he opened his mouth or hit anyone the rest of the trip then you were gonna pull over the car and throw his mother off a bridge and then he would be next and his sister would get all his toys. It would be your word against his :D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Wow, what a horrible story. I am sorry to hear about it, but I can relate to a degree.

Unfortunately, Im a jerk and wont tolerate a child screaming, hitting and walking all over adults.

And if my child was hit.... IT IS OVER. I am beyond the point where someones bratty child cannot be spanked put in they're place. That is unless my child gets to the brat first. (No sense in punishing twice)

I wont EVER punish my children for sticking up for themselves, even if it leads to another childs' discomfort.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Actually...it seems that most kids listen better when Mom is NOT around. Dont'cha think?

This ^.
    x10.

They also like to make a liar out of you. One time I gave a kid a banana and her mom said, "She won't eat it. She may nibble a bite or two, but the rest will get wasted".
    Munchkin snorked the whole thing in short order.
    Stuff like that is funny when it happens to the OTHER mom.
    I'm not naming names here... :D

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    i have told my daughter to always hit back if attacked first and I will ALWAYS be there to back her up!! hit my kid then be prepared to get your ass kicked by my kid. I will train my kid with everything i know to increase her odds of victory in a fight that wasnt her fault. now if she starts a fight then my hand is gonna be spanking her ass.

I would have bought 2 plane tickets home and left the woman with her brat kids and her car. or you could have pulled the little brat asside at one of your stops and told him if he opened his mouth or hit anyone the rest of the trip then you were gonna pull over the car and throw his mother off a bridge and then he would be next and his sister would get all his toys. It would be your word against his :D

This is full of win!:+1:X 2

My daughter was raised the same way. The first two incidents passed with her turning the other cheek (I think that's more her nature, than mine). After the second one though she finally said something to me, so we had one of those father/daughter talks about how to handle it the next time. The same boy decide it would be a good idea to run and knock her down. She waited until the last minute and stepped out of the way. Poor kid ran into a concrete wall and almost knocked himself out.:laugh:

She came up with that on her own, and dad treated to her to Red Lobster for the win.

Well, she got in trouble because he ran into a wall!:n00b: Then dad got involved, problem solved. Re-direct first...the next step won't end well...

See you went to the same parenting class I attended.:draw:

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    One kid was the "fling myself to the floor and throw a tantrum" sort.
    I told him in front of his dad that we don't act like that in my house, and when he did it again, I picked him up and deposited him outside telling him to ring the bell when he was done. ...

They never came back. But I'll tell you this much, that kid is in his 20s now and he's a smartassed know-it-all with a horrendous potty mouth - EXCEPT to me.

Whenever I see him (just a few times a year), he's always respectful and helpful and still talks about being shocked that I'd put him outside, close the door and actually leave. His mom was always a counter. ...

Kids learn fast and remember those lessons. Unfortunately, if those lessons are not reinforced enough over some time they tend to forget them. Except for situations such as the one you describe. They always remember who taught them the lesson.

It basically comes down to this: if you tolerate it, it keeps happening.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    My wife lets her neice and nephews run amock at our house and it pisses me off to no end. She says, "we are going to be the fun aunt and uncle." Whatever, they have more than enough "fun" acting like demons at their own house. I don't put up with that crap when I have the kids and the wife isn't around.

This Monkey runs a tight ship and isn't afraid to put himself in charge of ass whoopings. These are my rules, here are the consequences, punishment will be swift and sever, but just. I'm never wrong, and my judgment isn't up for debate. There are no alternatives.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Dang RM, now I see why you said I should be glad I didn't get a ride to Florida with you!! I don't know if I could tolerate that kind of behavior from those kids without doing more.

Sounds alot like my cousin's daughter. I won't go into full details. But let's just say she's 11 or 12 now and just as evil or moreso than that boy you described. She is just plain rotten, and the look she has on her face sometimes really looks like she is posessed by the devil or something. But I'm one of the few in the family that won't put up with her BS and will spank/punish her as needed. She knows not to mess with me. And if she messes with my mom, well then she answers to me...

Top Bottom