• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Oh yeah, I loved Callie the whole way back. I heald her hand, bought her suprises. Told the kids and the Mom what I thought (which is why we didn't talk the last 4 hours of the trip). I made it known that I was pissed. The kids are not in daycare, their mother is a bartender and is home during the day. Dad home at night.
    Someone PM'd me some good advice on one thing. She is on my FB so all of you INGO members also on my facebook, leave all this HERE on ingo.
    I would have gotten a car back but I was on limited funds and already paid for the gas money down. The whole reason I got to go was because it wasn't going to cost an arm and a leg.
    It is what it is I suppose, but let it be written that my daughter will NEVER been in that position again, if I can help it. She really IS a good girl. Lots of smiles, Pleas, Thank you, your welcome etc. I stay ontop of her manners etc. I grew up that way, so will my daughter.
    I feel better knowing that we talked about it and even at 3, I am pretty certain she understood most of what was said. She's a smart little girl.

Jetty...You're right. I'm smarter than that. The bodies wouldn't have been found. lol. But I showed my self-control this week. I also learned a lot from this. Stay on top of my child. If my kid acted like these 2, her ass would get beat. PERIOD.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Well, sure... Sink holes, alligators, sharks... ;)

Speaking of...
    While riding through ATlanta I had a horrible dream. lol. I dreamt first that it was full of gangs (not far fetched, I know) and everyone had guns on their hips and people were shooting eachother. After I got Callie out of that mess a huge alligator came up to Callie and I emptied three mags of 45 into it and it still didn't die so then I was beating it over the head with the butt of my gun. Blood was everywhere......

THEN, I woke up STILL in Georgia. I HATE that state. lol

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    THEN, I woke up STILL in Georgia. I HATE that state. lol
    That happens to 9,829,211 people every morning. :p

By the way, there's an old adage that you've learned the hard way with a twist.
    It goes like this; "God created slumber parties to remind us how good our own kids are." :D

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Did you consider saying something to the mom?

I realize it would probably be very poorly received. However, sometimes someone has to stand up and tell the truth to people. Maybe if five or six people tell her she is ruining her children, she will eventually wake up. Especially since it sounds like you don't know her very well, so you wouldn't be alienating your BFF. This kind of parenting is extremely neglectful and will generate major problems for these kids down their road.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Did you consider saying something to the mom?

I realize it would probably be very poorly received. However, sometimes someone has to stand up and tell the truth to people. Maybe if five or six people tell her she is ruining her children, she will eventually wake up. Especially since it sounds like you don't know her very well, so you wouldn't be alienating your BFF. This kind of parenting is extremely neglectful and will generate major problems for these kids down their road.

I talked to the Mom about it. She knew how I felt. She blew me off. She said he was acting out because he was homesick! Funny thing is, When asked if he wanted to go home...he said HECK NO. She made excuse after excuse why he was acting like that.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Did you try gently weaving the car back and forth in an attempt to get him to puke? If he gets sick enough, he'll be too miserable to pick on anyone else. If your kid gets sick, she can just aim at him. Win/win.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    sometimes someone has to stand up and tell the truth to people.

This is true ^. Luckily for *me* the only encounter of this magnitude that I ever had with somebody else's children happened on MY TURF.
    One kid was the "fling myself to the floor and throw a tantrum" sort.
    I told him in front of his dad that we don't act like that in my house, and when he did it again, I picked him up and deposited him outside telling him to ring the bell when he was done. Long story short, the mom and dad argued about it (the dad was thinking it was exactly the right thing to do and wondered why the mom never handled things similarly...but the mom was all "my baaaybeee...my baaaaybeee!!")
    They never came back. But I'll tell you this much, that kid is in his 20s now and he's a smartassed know-it-all with a horrendous potty mouth - EXCEPT to me.
    Whenever I see him (just a few times a year), he's always respectful and helpful and still talks about being shocked that I'd put him outside, close the door and actually leave. His mom was always a counter. You know the type, "If I get to three, you're in trouble! ONE....stop it. Stop it. TWO. Now, you know you better stop. I mean it. Stop it, I mean it. ONE...." :rolleyes:
    No wonder it shocked him.:D

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    P.S.
    On the flip side of that coin, I've told Callie something completely opposite that drives RachelMarie batty. When she's at Annie's house, she can do whatevvvvver she wants! :D
    (I only said that because I know she's a well-behaved little munchkin.) ;)

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    If it was my car, I would have gave her gas money back and dropped her off somewhere with her 2 spawn of satans.
    I'm just so annoyed.
    The trip other than that was good but would have been 10 times more relaxing without this crazy family with me.

Nothing to do now but take it for a lesson. You'll get tons of chances over the rest of your life to make the same or very similar mistakes again after the pain of this one wears off. You'll be tempted over and over to do things that afterward you will say "I should have known...".

Print up your OP sign and date it. Fold it up and put it in your jewelry box or some place like that. Get it out and read it over again at least once a year. It could easily be worth it's weight in gold over the years. If twenty years from no you think what a waste of time that was and throw it out, well, your welcome. It worked.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    BTW, Jediah,

What does that have to do with bad parenting? :scratch:

100% absolutely nothing! But it appears I have become the "unofficial NWI INGO event announcer" and while I try to see where all the new INGO members are from I know I may miss some that are from NWI. In addition not all new members say where they are from. So for those in the NWI region I "spam" own post so that they know about our active group and the events that we have coming up. All other "INGO" members are welcomed to attend ya just have to drive up here to NWI off course and enjoy the corruption that is NWI. LOL!!

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    P.S.
    On the flip side of that coin, I've told Callie something completely opposite that drives RachelMarie batty. When she's at Annie's house, she can do whatevvvvver she wants! :D

I think that may be why she likes you so much. Other than the whole Monkey business. lol

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    i think my finest hour was when you were gone picking up pizza and she was having so much fun, she never even knew you were gone until you were about to come back in the door. It was the BEST because you expected her to be a little freaked out and worried...but instead it was like "Huh? You went somewhere?"
    I've never wanted to do the "Neener Neener" dance so much before EVAR. :p

Edit because I just HAVE to add another one: :p

:D

Last edited:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    100% absolutely nothing! But it appears I have become the "unofficial NWI INGO event announcer" and while I try to see where all the new INGO members are from I know I may miss some that are from NWI. In addition not all new members say where they are from. So for those in the NWI region I "spam" own post so that they know about our active group and the events that we have coming up. All other "INGO" members are welcomed to attend ya just have to drive up here to NWI off course and enjoy the corruption that is NWI. LOL!!

Yeah, I figured that out later on when I saw another one of your posts with those same links...This was the first thread I saw it, so I was a bit confused.:n00b:

P.S.

That's because Mom is around to keep her in check...If you are baby sitting and tell her that, you could be opening up a huge can of worms.:laugh:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    RM,

Sorry to hear this happened to you and your daughter. It's a learning experience for you both, though.

I'm sitting here trying to think of a way to put the brakes on misbehavior like that without smacking someone else's kid even when they deserve it, and the only way that comes to mind is to sit an adult in the back seat with them. Unfortunately, that means putting a kid in the front seat, which might be seen as a reward. The only one who would deserve the reward is your Callie, but at 3, she can't be up front safely. Very tough position, and props to you on handling it as well as could be under the circumstances.

Blessings,
    Bill

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    This is true ^. Luckily for *me* the only encounter of this magnitude that I ever had with somebody else's children happened on MY TURF.
    One kid was the "fling myself to the floor and throw a tantrum" sort.
    I told him in front of his dad that we don't act like that in my house, and when he did it again, I picked him up and deposited him outside telling him to ring the bell when he was done. Long story short, the mom and dad argued about it (the dad was thinking it was exactly the right thing to do and wondered why the mom never handled things similarly...but the mom was all "my baaaybeee...my baaaaybeee!!")
    They never came back. But I'll tell you this much, that kid is in his 20s now and he's a smartassed know-it-all with a horrendous potty mouth - EXCEPT to me.
    Whenever I see him (just a few times a year), he's always respectful and helpful and still talks about being shocked that I'd put him outside, close the door and actually leave. His mom was always a counter. You know the type, "If I get to three, you're in trouble! ONE....stop it. Stop it. TWO. Now, you know you better stop. I mean it. Stop it, I mean it. ONE...." :rolleyes:
    No wonder it shocked him.:D
    Nothing, nothing, drives me crazier about parents then the counting game.
    I tell my kids that if they do xyz they will get a spanking. If they do xyz again I have a very calm conversation that goes something like;
    me: What did I tell you would happen if you did that again?
    Child: A spanking.
    me: That's right and it's going to hurt me worse than you. (I CAN"T believe I use this line now as the parent, but I understand it now to.)

Then the kid gets a spanking. I'm not stressed, and in the long run neither is kid. If the kid got away with crap for 10 minutes yesterday while you counted because you're in a better mood then and today he only got away with it for 4 minutes he doesn't understand what the difference is and decides that you're unfair. And to some degree he's right. And you're stressed and possibly beating your kids in anger which is not a good thing.

The way I do it I'm not stressed and my kids have misunderstanding they can go and as a result actually get less and less spankings. Everybody wins....

Top Bottom