• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Ok, so we just took a trip to Florida. We drove down with a friend of a friend and her 2 kids (a boy (6 yrs old)and a girl (4 years old)). I've met her kids once or twice but never long enough to really get to know them. Well, come to find out, her kids are 100% brats. When I say "Brats", I mean rude, disrespectful BRATS. The boy treated Callie (My daughter who is 3) like crap. He smacked her a few times. Would say really mean things to her. Steal her toys. Just plain, Walk all over her. When they didn't get something they asked for they would scream (which in return would get my daughter screaming). The little boy even went as far as kicking me in the side over and over because I sat on the couch he was on. ugh. When I would ask him to smile for a picture he would give me a dirty look and scream "NO". Things like that. He was the worst of the 2. I don't think I've ever met a child like this.
    Of course I stood up for my child and when we were all together and he started these things I removed her from the situation and played with her or found another child for her to play with. I also talked to her about how he was acting. Callie isn't around kids who fight like they do, or scream for no reason so when he would scream Callie would lose it. He would scream for 45 minutes in the car because he didn't get what he wanted and get Callie to cry so hard she was gagging. Once he realized he could do this, the game was on and everything went to hell.
    So, on the way home I rearranged the car seats. I put Callie on the end and the little boy on the other end, little girl in the middle. The ride home was hell. 20 hours of hell to be exact but the last 5 hours more so than anything. Him and his sister would seriously start fist fighting while the mother would say "I'm done yelling. Let 'em fight it out". Of course the little boy picked up is blanket that he couldn't live without swinging it at his sister and then my daughter. The blankets were taken away and they started screaming and their Mom was totally okay with everything that was going on. These kids just do NOT get disciplined but of course She thought her kids were the best kids ever and totally thought I was nuts for talking nice to Callie when all hell broke loose in the car.
    I'm totally pissed at this point. I've never in my life seen a child this young get away with this kind of things. The minute we got home I sat Callie down and talked to her about him. I let her ask questions (which she did) and told her that THAT is the reason I discipline her. I stood up for my daughter when we were around but what I really wanted to do was Grab this kid and beat the crap out of him. I've never dis-liked a kid SO much in my LIFE. It was really hard to bite my tongue and not tell him AND his Mom what I truly think of them.
    Anyways...the moral of the story is...Before you take a 20 hour car trip with a family you don't know...Try to figure out EXACTLY what you are getting yourself into. Because you might just be stuck in the car with the spawn of Satan for 20 hours. My kid is NOT an angel by any means but she is not down right mean, she respects people. That being said, she is THREE. She has her moments just like every other kid. But when she acts up...She gets punished.
    I will NEVER allow my child to be around this young boy...EVER. I don't care what the reason may be. It's pretty damn sad when my 3 year old acts older than a 6 year old. Needless to say, the Mother of these kids and I didn't talk for the last 3 hours home. I just kept repeating in my head "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". And at that point i had NOTHING nice I wanted to say to this girl. I wanted to deck her. The only reason I even heald that back is because she had talked me into driving HER car. If it was my car, I would have gave her gas money back and dropped her off somewhere with her 2 spawn of satans.
    I'm just so annoyed.
    The trip other than that was good but would have been 10 times more relaxing without this crazy family with me.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Wow, I'm really glad I was not in your shoes. If a 6 year old boy his my (hypothetical) 3 year old daughter and his parents did nothing about it, I'm not quite sure how I'd handle that, nor would I ever want to be in that position.

I'm glad my 5 year old is a gentleman that, regardless of the situation is the most polite kid in the room. He's been saying please and thank you since he was 2...Otherwise, he wouldn't get what he's asking for.

He also probably would have got into a fight/altercation with that 6 year old if he saw him hit your daughter.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I remember all the times when I was younger and would take my 2 or 3 kids out to eat. People would always stop by our table and complement my wife and I on how well our kids acted in public. My response was always "they had better be good."

I learned, and so did my kids, that if you don't listen to what you are told that your a$$ was going to hurt. Screw up, a$$ hurt. Screw up, a$$ hurt. Pretty soon they make the connection.

Parenting isn't that hard, there are just too many lazy people who don't want to do it, and expect someone else to raise their kids. No wonder society is like what it is now days.
    "It Takes a Village To Raise a Child." Yeah right. :dunno:

Sorry you had to spend all that time stuck in a car with them, and hope you at least had a good time when you were able to get away from them for a while. :)

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    I just never really realized that parents could care THAT little about how their kids act. I'm in utter shock to be honest. I knew not all parents taught their children respect and morals but my goodness...

I'm seriously worked up about all of this, even AFTER the fact. When we got home I was on the verge of pissed and close to crying. I've just never been in that kind of situation. I'm blessed to have a child who is so friendly and respectful. But now I'm worried about her letting other kids walk all over her. I wanted SO bad to tell her to hit him back. It seriously took everything I had. I'm just not sure if I handled the situation as well as I could have.

It's amazing how much it breaks your heart to see a child be SO mean to your kid.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I just never really realized that parents could care THAT little about how their kids act. I'm in utter shock to be honest. I knew not all parents taught their children respect and morals but my goodness...

Welcome to the America that is addicted to entitlments, knows no personal responsibility and must be PC. :faint:

Did you go see the mouse? or something else in FL?

---
    NWI INGO MEMBERS
    Get the latest news by joining the NWI INGO group here:
    INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana

The next MEET & EAT is on 28 AUG 10 (sign up!)
    See here for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ngo_meet_and_eat_oc_cc_-_sat_28_aug_10_a.html

The next MEET & SHOOT is on 18 SEP 10 (sign up!)
    See here for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._ingo_meet_and_shoot_-_sat_18_sep_2010_a.html

Appleseed for NWI
    Need help on finding a location see here for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...d_for_nwi_lake_porter_county.html#post1216426

Ranges in NWI
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post-3.html#post1252132

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Welcome to the America that is addicted to entitlments, knows no personal responsibility and must be PC. :faint:

Did you go see the mouse? or something else in FL?

---
    NWI INGO MEMBERS

See here for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ngo_meet_and_eat_oc_cc_-_sat_28_aug_10_a.html

See here for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._ingo_meet_and_shoot_-_sat_18_sep_2010_a.html

Appleseed for NWI
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...d_for_nwi_lake_porter_county.html#post1216426

Ranges in NWI
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post-3.html#post1252132

No "Mouse" this time around. We were in Norther Florida. We had a balst otherwise. Saw my Sister and Brother in law that I missed dearly. All my friends from Central Florida (and Northern Florida) who we miss as well. Went to the beach and enjoyed the sun. Went to a few natural Springs out there also.
    I used to live in Central Florida. The whole trip kind of made me realize how much I miss it there. Seriously considering a move back down South just wish it wasn't so crowded there.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

I'm seriously worked up about all of this, even AFTER the fact. When we got home I was on the verge of pissed and close to crying. I've just never been in that kind of situation. I'm blessed to have a child who is so friendly and respectful. But now I'm worried about her letting other kids walk all over her. I wanted SO bad to tell her to hit him back. It seriously took everything I had. I'm just not sure if I handled the situation as well as I could have.

It's amazing how much it breaks your heart to see a child be SO mean to your kid.

Like I said, better you than I...After the first time the parents would be politely asked to handle their child and after that I'm doing something about it.

BTW, Jediah,

---
    NWI INGO MEMBERS

See here for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ingo_e..._aug_10_a.html

See here for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ingo_e...ep_2010_a.html

Appleseed for NWI
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/genera...ml#post1216426

Ranges in NWI
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_...ml#post1252132

What does that have to do with bad parenting? :scratch:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Just a quick question...I know your kid (she IS a sweetie) and I know you're a stay at home mom. Do the other kids happen to go to daycare? Just wondering.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    I find that Shaking them until the noise stops usually works best.

As soon as he brought your daughter into it I would have asked his mom politely to say something. Second time I would say something to him politely. Third time and up I'd start getting in their a** about it. Once my kids get dragged into that kind of stuff, I turn into a jerk. I raise my kids to have manners and be polite. I'll be damned if some scum sucking bastard is going to drag them down to their level. Just my .02

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    I remember all the times when I was younger and would take my 2 or 3 kids out to eat. People would always stop by our table and complement my wife and I on how well our kids acted in public. My response was always "they had better be good."

I learned, and so did my kids, that if you don't listen to what you are told that your a$$ was going to hurt. Screw up, a$$ hurt. Screw up, a$$ hurt. Pretty soon they make the connection.

Parenting isn't that hard, there are just too many lazy people who don't want to do it, and expect someone else to raise their kids. No wonder society is like what it is now days.
    "It Takes a Village To Raise a Child." Yeah right. :dunno:

Sorry you had to spend all that time stuck in a car with them, and hope you at least had a good time when you were able to get away from them for a while. :)
    Exactly this.
    I will brag on my three boys for moment to and say we get complimented all the time on how well behaved they are. They of course have their moments just not often or usually in public. What you dealt with reminds me of our neighbors kids. Love my neighbors, their kids, I just feel sorry for them and their lack of discipline.
    Their daughter is five and still isn't completely potty trained. And before someone says it not she smart and intelligent just not disciplined. I've told my wife that kid is not allowed over to our house if I have to deal with her. My wife has the patience of a saint.
    I bite my tongue a lot. The dad has talked to me before and I've politely told him that our view of parenting, but if it was me I'd spank that kid. He nods and says something about the mom whatever. Grow a pair and stand up to your girlfriend for your kids sake.
    Now look at me you got me ranting.
    Anyway, no I wouldn't go anywhere long distance with them either.......

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Yep!! I've spent most my life dealing with those kids when they grow up and start to drive, drink, and other adult activities, Little Johny couldn't have done that!! not my little Johny!! I know your pain. But the first thing out of there mouth is why you putting this on me!! caught dead to rights in the wrong, and will deny what they did, and it's our fault for catching them!! Sorry to hear that you had to live like that on vacation, Welcome back to the real world! INGO.:D

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Oh, if I was in that car I would have just mocked and imitated them all.

I will be 10x more childish and annoying than anything you've ever seen.

My unofficial motto: If I'm going to be miserable, all of you will be as miserable or more so for making me this way.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Sorry RM... our 6-year old can be a pain sometimes, but he would NEVER be allowed to be that disrespectful.

We tried to take him to the Boys and Girls Club this summer, but he didn't want to go anymore because the kids were "wude, and say lots of bad words".

In fact, when Lebron James made his big "Decision" announcement live on ESPN from a Boys and Girls Club, my son asked, "Why would they want to have a TV show in a place where everyone says bad words".

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    If the other kids went to day care, they didn't go to any day care I've ever had my daughter in. They wouldn't have allowed that. Scutter and I never allowed that either. One of the sayings at her "daycare/school" was "get what you get and don't throw a fit". That was at the Goddard School.

I'm sorry you had such a terrible ride. That really sucks. Hope you took lots of pictures. :)

I know for sure I would have said something to the kid right in front of his mom. Been there and done that. However it was not on a long road trip so I'm not sure what I would have done exactly on the trip. Since you are stuck in a car, I'm not sure what else there is to do other than find an alternate way home.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    During the times Callie was being good in the midst of the other kids' tantrums or whining, I hope you rewarded her (whether with praise or something tangible) in FRONT of them.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    WOW! Sorry to hear that! That's a hard enough drive as it is----I can't imagine it with Hell-spawn in the back seat. I'm impressed that I'm not reading in the paper about you strangling several people ;)

Top Bottom