• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmartAsh25

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Portage
    WATCH: Boy Suspended From School For Making “Gun” Out Of A Pop-Tart | TIME.com

Ok ok I NEED to rant here a bit!

I don't know if anyone else has been paying attention but latly in the news young kids are being suspended from school for some ridiculous "gun" related things. This kid ^^ made a gun out of a POPTART another made one out of paper a different kid threw an imaginary grenade. Society is brainwashing our children into thinking guns automatically = bad, trouble and evil. They can't change this generation's minds. So what they want to do is get kids to start associating anything gun related into being bad so they grow up always thinking that. Since when is it a bad thing to have an imagination? since when is it bad to play cops and robbers; cowboys and Indians; or army? I know when my children get into school I will not be a doormat parent and let the system walk all over me or my children. If they ever get in trouble for something like this I will not let it slide I will fight it continuously. My child will not be brainwashed into conforming. I have firearms in my home and I also teach my kids firearm safety. I have even started my 19month old on it..you are never too young. I have started them young so they will always know how to be safe around real guns. But as for playtime there's is nothing wrong with running around with a plastic gun playing army!! C'mon people open your eyes... We are headed down the wrong path let go of the governments hand and stop believing everything they feed you. We are meant to be free not dictated.

jjohnisme

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Can't agree more man. My daughter is 2 and I fear for her generation... We will camp, go shooting, and do outdoorsy things, but I doubt her peers will learn the same skills. As a society, we are fostering secondary skills (accounting, management, computers) and ignoring primary ones (face to face social skills, how to keep a fire roaring, self defense, etc.).

Makes you wish the world was 50 years younger :/

SmartAsh25

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Portage
    ExACTLY!! Its actually gotten to the point that Im considering homeschool for my boys. They're 4 and 1 1/2 now and it makes me nervous what the future holds for them but I will do everything to protect them from being brainwashed and lead down the wrong path.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    ExACTLY!! Its actually gotten to the point that Im considering homeschool for my boys. They're 4 and 1 1/2 now and it makes me nervous what the future holds for them but I will do everything to protect them from being brainwashed and lead down the wrong path.

Home schooling is a HUGE commitment, to do it right anyway. But eventually you have to let your kids go out into the world and you want them to know how to handle values and ideas that are foreign.

I'm a big believer in teaching them critical thinking and reasoning and the best way to do this is to ask them questions that require critical thinking and reasoning on their part. And it's easy to find opportunities, crap is all over TV, in the papers, magazines, internet, and school work. Teach them HOW to spot the fallacies in what they are exposed to. And teach them to pick their battles. You will NEVER win over a liberal to your way of thinking, but you don't have to win them over. You just have to understand why and where they are wrong so you don't go away converted by _their_ argument.

Schools today DO NOT teach kids how to think. They teach them how to do well on tests which means they just are learning a set of things that the school knows are in the tests. They spend the rest of the time indoctrinating into their liberal way of thinking.

But you're right, they are attempting to brainwash kids. It's working too. Just as with Hitler and the Nazi's, if you get the children, you will eventually get the society.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    It's not just now. In 2004 my youngest son was suspended from school for having a knife on him. It was a P38 can opener on his key chain! He had been carrying it for a long time and no one said anything until one day he was in the checkout line in the cafeteria and the woman ringing him up saw it when he pulled his change out of his pocket. She didn't say anything to him but told her supervisor who told the principal. The principal called me when they suspended him. I went in and they said they have a zero tolerance on students having knives. I explained it wasn't a knife but she said it could still cut someone. I asked her for a pencil which I then broke and showed her the "sharp edge" and asked her if she was going to suspend any student with a pencil. She didn't reply except to say she was following protocol and procedure. I responded with "In 1962 it was protocol and procedure for black people to ride in the back of the bus and give up their seat to any white person who wanted it. Blacks were also not allowed to share restrooms, water fountains or schools." Do you think that was right? She didn't say a word and excused her self. The vice principal came in after a few minutes and said that Jeremy was suspended and there was nothing he could do as the principal had the last word. Seems I upset her and she couldn't speak to me any more.
    Kick in the ass is that this was the same Junior High that I went to school at and carried a pocket knife every day. Plus when I went to high school I drove a truck with a rifle rack in the window with a couple of shotguns in it as well as the occasional gutted deer in the bed. Brownsburg has certainly changed! It's all bout protecting the children, whatever that means. I taught each of my kids how to shoot by the time they were 4. Now kids get in trouble for eating a pop tart.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA

I'm past the point of considering.

My wife is a teacher, and we started halfway through my oldest's 1st grade year.

The months of apprehension ended in just a few days. She is thriving and we do more in 2-3 hrs a day than she'd get in 6 hours at the local school.

Plus, she gets lots of individualized attention. And the principle isn't afraid to spank.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    They just keep focusing on the wrong things and have lost sight of the real ball.
    They're focused on funding based on a performance package designed to milk money from Gov Coffers for school systems and not about teaching students at the individual level of the students.
    Line 'em all up, dress 'em all alike' make 'em march in line, and make them good little Nazis.
    I have a son in school and when I would have to pick him up for a dentist or doc appt I was shocked to see all the good little kiddies marching in unison just like the Hitler Youth Corps. Fact Jack!!
    Dress codes for 1st graders. "So they won't feel different or have less"
    Life's not fair. Accept the fact you have to work to succeed!!!

Jordan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Camby/Moorseville
    I have 2 young boys that are not yet old enough to go to school and all the headlines lately of the pop tart kid, the deaf kid who signs his name like "weapons", and the father getting arrested in canada for his kid drawing a gun at school...

Well I am thoroughly sickened. I thought I had it bad when I was in school what with the columbine shootings making everyone in my crowd appear to be homicidal maniacs cause we liked video games and trench coats (inspired by the matrix thank you very much).

Homeschooling has definitely crossed my mind.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    She didn't reply except to say she was following protocol and procedure.

Remember, school administrators, principals, and teachers are NOT able to think independently. They fall back, relentlessly, to policy, protocol, and procedure.

Nobody EVER got fired for following procedure at a school!

It's so sad but this is what we've brought on ourselves.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    The schools are run by the political left and unions. It is part of their mission to disarm the general public. One of the teachers at our school has a "get rid of Fox News" bumper sticker. They want to eliminate any thought or word that disagrees with their "formula".

ironman870

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    NE
    I'm just a kid myself, but when I was in elementary school we played "cops and robbers" on the playground. Now you get kicked out? What kid doesn't like cowboy and indian stuff? Guns. etc. Way to destroy a kids adventurous imagination.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Yep, I'm 71 - ran the gauntlet when a lad playing War games, right after WW2 it was pretty natural. Played cowboy's and Indians, cops and robbers, Robin Hood (lucky there can't remember getting hit with the "real" willow stick arrows from the homemade bows). Then Buck Rodgers and Captain Video. (50's space scifi.). Of course we all got BB and/or pellet guns by 11 or 12, started hunting with 22's and shotguns in our early teens. None of us ever shot anybody accidentally or on purpose the rest of our lives. Telling the wife the other day - I was a Boy Scout leader several years ago and had the troop out in a woods with a log cabin a gentleman had built on his large farm for the purpose of scout camping. We stayed the weekend, it got pretty hot one day and we were walking through the woods and came upon a small creek maybe 3 foot deep. One of the boys said, sure wish we could go swimming, but we didn't bring any suits! As we were probably a 1/2 mile away from anything in the middle of the woods, I said we can go skinny dipping if you guys want. "WE CAN" rang out from about 10 Scouts, 3 minutes later we were all in the water. It was pretty early in the summer so the water was darn cold, didn't take long to get our fill. Remembering this a few weeks ago, I told the wife today they would probably have me arrested for child endangerment or call me a deviate or something.

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    It really is sad! I graduated in 1999 and i definitely remember teachers pushing some of that crap back then. I have a 2.5 year old boy and one on the way in May and i dont know what to do. Im not going to put up with this liberal BS. A good friend of mine is home schooled along with his 5 brothers and sisters. They all came out really good compared to the average kid coming out of the public school system and not a one of them went through that phase like most kids do when they hate their parents and think they are stupid and dot know anything. So if i can i might go that route or private school but i doubt i can afford it. It just seems like the average family is turning into Zombies of the state who are dumbed down by stupid reality shows "i cant believe anyone would watch them" and sports. They believe everything they are told without question. Is it just me getting old or are kids getting dumber and dumber with each generation? I have noticed a huge decline in the town in grew up in. "Martinsville" we have meth heads everywhere. If you want good entertainment just sit at the circle k gas station just south of downtown in the evening. Meth heads on scooters roll in that place left and right to buy trays of polar pops. Its funny and sad at the same time. Ecclesiates 10:2 "A wise man's heart goes to the right, but a fool's heart to the left.

SmartAsh25

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Portage
    I definatlybwill not shelter them from the world... I mean they do need to learn how to decipher wrong from right on their own but at such a young age their very impressionable. I can teach and teach and teach why guns and other things are good but if my son goes to school and draws a gun and he gets in trouble for it, no matter how much i fight the sytem on it and no matter how much I tell him its ok and he did nothing wrong his young mind will still remember and relate guns as a a bad thing that will get him in trouble. So homeschool may be the better option until he is not as impressionable.

I'm pretty young and when I was in hs they introduced uniforms but long before that they tried taking away our individuality. Can't wear this. Can't dye your hair an outrageous color.
    Just the other day a 15yr old boy wrestled a loaded gun away from a peer who was threatening another kids life. He in return got suspended for 3 days for being "invovled". Are you ****ing kidding me. That kid is a hero and all he gets is 3 days suspension. They're brainwashing our kids to sit down and shut up. Fear confrontation and crisis and wait for "help" and "first responders". They want mindless obedient sheep. They don't want individuals, freethinkers and hero's because freethinkers don't obey dictatorship. And that's where our society is headed..

Thanks for everyone replying. I'm glad to hear more people's thoughts about this issue. We need more people to stand up and say something!

Top Bottom