Other brands/models comparable to the "Baby Glock's"?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    I'm looking for other brands and models that are comparable size, weight, capacity, etc... to the baby glocks but I would prefer them to also have the option to accept higher capacity mags also. I haven't decided on a caliber yet though. I currently only have 9mm's but I'm thinking of maybe adding something in a different caliber leaning more towards something in .40 S&W but not dead set on it. Any help and suggestions are appreciated. I'd like to stay at the same price point or lower also. I have not ruled out the glock by any means it is actually at the top of the list right now, but I would like to compare to others before buying.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Walther P99C. I have one in 9mm with the AS trigger system. Love the gun and its dimensions are close enough to a Baby Glock (G26) that they can use the same holster. Now the down sides. Magazines are crazy expensive. They can use S&W P99c mags which are a bit cheaper. You can get those with the curved pinky base plate for $41 on the S&W site. They are hard to find but worth the search. Price point, I think about the same as a G26, maybe a bit more.

peberly400

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2012
    Warsaw
    Honestly, I love the 26. I have a 27 as well and it can be kinda snappy with the recoil. Other than that, the xds ( low count 6 I think) is a good 2nd choice

Khazik

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I went with an M&P .40c when I had this dilemma, people cited better ergonomics for the grip which I agreed with in the store, cheaper too :)

balzack2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    South of Ft Wayne
    Another to check into is the beretta 9000, was made in 9 and 40. I don't believe it's in production anymore. I have seen them forsale on the used market and from what I've seen and read it is a good compact carry gun.

Amsdorf

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Missouri
    G26 with 13 round mag (using a Pearce +3 extension for the G26) +1 in the chamber equals goodness.

'nuff said.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    +1 on the Kahr CW 45

I have about a hundred rounds through mine and zero problems with it. Great gun for the price and a great gun when I dont want my fullsize 1911

Top Bottom