• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I ordered a gun from Bud's last week and went to pick it up this afternoon. When I inspected the gun, I found the right side grip and back strap had some kind of blemishes on them. I refused the transfer and contacted Bud's and told them to please refund my money. This was the first time I purchased a gun online and possibly my last. I should have known better than to buy a gun that I personally didn't handle.

Bang-bang

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Indy/Homeplace/Carmel
    Buds did fine by me!! Free shipping, NO sales tax, $20.00 transfer. I checked prices @ LGS and Buds beat them (badly) . You just have to wait to get the firearm in your arms, thats the only draw back (and cant touch it). When other LGS dont wanta do transfers from Buds, check and see how much they are selling the same item for!

Kenny87ky

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Louisville, KY
    one major problem with buds is the pictures do not match the firearm you are buying many times, they really need to fire the guy responsible for photo updates, so read the description to know what you are buying and don't assume the gun you see is what is for sale.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Look for an FFL that isn't a LGS.

There is a guy in Fishers that does this and he doesn't give you crap for not buying it from him when you pick up a gun from him.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2011
    I buy from Buds because they are much cheaper than the local gun shops, usually by $50 or more, which more than makes up for the ffl charge. I would support the local shops by purchasing from them if they weren't such a holes.

An example my friend bought a brand new glock 23 from a local shop which will not be named, traded it to me a week later for roof work on her house, it had never been fired, so I took it to that same store and asked how much they would give me for it and they replied that it was well used and would offer $300. When i told the guy behind the counter that it was in fact new I ws told $300 is the offer, don't like it then get out. They seemed really pissed I didn't take their $300 for a gun they sold 6 days before for $499. They didn't seem to care that maybe I wanted to buy something as well. So i drove across town to Walmart and bought 600 rounds ammo from there instead, for less, thought I didn't really want to drive there to get it.

If gun shops weren't such a holes trying to rip people off and treat their customers like they are stupid then I would support them. I cant tell you how man times i walk in to a gun store with intention to buy something and walk out with my money because of how the people at gun stores treat you. They need to learn some manners and customer service etiquette. I know this is a post about Buds so i will end this with save face and money by ordering from Buds. Pay the gun shops their ffl and get out with your goods. And $35 is too much for ffl, there is a shop in Brazil that charges only $15. Shop around.

trip007

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    I have ordered several guns from Buds with no issues. It's tough to beat free shipping and no sales tax. The sales tax alone on a $1000 gun is $75. Just make sure you check the item #. I have seen pictures of stainless pistols with a description that says it's black. Take the item # and go to the manufacture web sight to make it is what you're looking for.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    PERSONAL experience with Buds = Good prices, ships quick.

FFL dealer experience/opinions on Buds? = They HATE them.

However, it's understandable. You DID just buy from another company and showed the FFL dealer that the moment you walked in their doors.

How is this understandable when the FFL is happy to do transfers from anyone else? :dunno:

I have heard both good and bad things about Bud's from dealer though.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    You should use front towards enemy in demotte.....

Tell me about them. I used Cabelas because they where on Buds list. Before I used them I tried calling a couple FFL on their list and nobody would answer or return my call. I am more than happy to try someone else so I appreciate any info that you have on them.

How much to they charge? Are they a store front or just a private guy?

I buy from buds, Cabelas or whoever. For me it's just about what deal I am working at the time like if I am trading or putting something on layaway. Cabelas didn't sell Colt AR's when I transferred mine through them.

I was just in Cabelas last night to get a Serpa for my XD. I have no problemo spreading it around:D

GlockZ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Buds is over $175 below what my LGS is on a kahr. For that price difference I can pick up another crossbreed holster and enough rounds to break it in. Plus if my local gunshop's mark up is 10% and I use them to do the transfer for $25. That's like them selling a $250 dollar gun; except they don't have to handle inventory and it's not costing them anything except their time.

Top Bottom