• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    Id hope that truck has bulletproof windows. Dont see many rear window gun racks now days.

But I do love that idea.... except for traffic stops..... and picking up kids from school.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Crap late 90's is old school now.

I just recently upgraded to a 2002, should look into antique insurance.
    My 1997 ranger has the knob on the dash for four-wheel-drive. In the owners manual it showed the base model had manual locking hubs and the transfer case lever.

The 1972 F100 my dad had that I learn to drive in, had the manual locking hubs and the transfer case lever. No four-wheel-drive high and low, it was either two or 4 Wheel Drive. It was a 4 speed with a granny gear, So I guess four-wheel-drive low wasn’t really needed.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    My 1997 ranger has the knob on the dash for four-wheel-drive. In the owners manual it showed the base model had manual locking hubs and the transfer case lever.

The 1972 F100 my dad had that I learn to drive in, had the manual locking hubs and the transfer case lever. No four-wheel-drive high and low, it was either two or 4 Wheel Drive. It was a 4 speed with a granny gear, So I guess four-wheel-drive low wasn’t really needed.
    The 2016 F250's at work still have the lever. I'd be surprised if even the new base models would have it. They're probably all button or dial now.

I had a mid 70's Chevy and the lever only selected between high and low. No 2wd option on that one

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    My 2007 Toyota FJ has a separate transfer case shifter.

That said, my grandfather (and eventually my brother bought it from him) had an old 60's Era suburban with manual locking hubs, etc. I think our grandfather liked making us get out in whatever environment we were in at the time to lock the hubs.

Last edited:

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle

That said, my grandfather (and eventualky my brother bought it) had an old 60's Era suburban with manual locking hubs, etc. I think our grandfather liked making us get out in whatever environment we were in at the time to lock the hubs.
    I “upgraded” my automatic hubs on my ‘93 F-150 to manual. The autos wouldn’t unlock. It did make the front end lock in with just a slight wheel rotation versus a full rotation which could be hard to do if you got in the soup unprepared…

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

That said, my grandfather (and eventualky my brother bought it) had an old 60's Era suburban with manual locking hubs, etc. I think our grandfather liked making us get out in whatever environment we were in at the time to lock the hubs.
    It builds character...

Top Bottom