• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    It was a common enough gun, still produced and readily available so it's not a waste per se to destroy it. I am pretty sure that the rules are once a machine gun, always a machine gun.
    Yep. Even if you did fix it to semi again, if the ATF somehow found out it was once an illegal auto you're looking at club fed.

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    For a $500 gun I would have at least ran over and put a few mags through it before turning it in.

Also glad that no one got any boots to the neck and dogs shot in the process.

One day we will repeal the Hughes Amendment and get all our squirt guns back again.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    As I remember from the early 80s:oldwise:, somebody was doing a conversion on these things and adding the stock. A lot of that work was done during the "golden age" of NFA items.

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    As I remember from the early 80s:oldwise:, somebody was doing a conversion on these things and adding the stock. A lot of that work was done during the "golden age" of NFA items.

Sounds nice. Buy a rifle and convert it with a $200 tax stamp, then convert it however you wanted. No SBR laws or anything to worry about with full squirt gun power.

Top Bottom