• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    There's been a complete disconnect between federal tax revenue and federal spending for longer than I have been alive.

Biden has been consistent that he wants to increase the top marginal tax rate on incomes over $400,000. There's plenty of room to debate whether that is a good idea; there's not really an argument that those people are living on the edge financially.

That all said, giving all the refugees a middle class life here would probably be cheaper than what we were spending on the never-ending war anyway.

Just because spending is down for the latest never ending war does not mean it should be reallocated instead of simply cut.

If these illegal aliens find it too cold, they can simply turn and walk back south. Surely Mexico will let them just walk right in.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    The "donations" are mostly from the government in the form of grants.

The [United States Conference of Catholic Bishops] collected $50 million for migration and refugee services for the year 2020, most of which came from the federal government,” Lepanto Institute President Michael Hichbor told the news site Church Militant.

My money!! Money borrowed in my name...

It is always easy to be charitable and even proud about being so..... when it is somebody else's money.

Reactions: Leo

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Anyone want to take any of these bets?:

I bet the owners of professional sports teams will get more of your tax revenue this year then Afghan refugees will.

I bet that Nike got more of your tax money last year than the refugees will get this year.

I bet Archer-Daniels-Midland got more of your tax money last year than the refugees will get this year.

I am good with cutting them all.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    So just because some one is successful we can tax the **** out of them for succeeding........Here we go again.
    Not at all what I said.

1. Expanding Federal spending doesn't require new tax revenue, and it hasn't for a long time.
    2. The Federal government giving housing to refugees isn't going to tip any taxpayers over the edge financially.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Not at all what I said.

1. Expanding Federal spending doesn't require new tax revenue, and it hasn't for a long time.
    2. The Federal government giving housing to refugees isn't going to tip any taxpayers over the edge financially.

Where did you get those glasses? I fear that if you paid for them you got ripped off.
    If the govt would cut waste I could agree, but that ain't gonna happen. Where do you think the money comes from? A gift from the martians?

Just my humble and ill conceived opinion.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    I would gather that over the years we (the U. S.) have given Haiti enough money to build every resident a very nice hurricane and earthquake proof home. Yet it is still a s41t hole. I will never donate another dollar to anything Haitian.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Not at all what I said.

It is always easy to be generous with other peoples' money.

Reactions: Leo

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

I bet the owners of professional sports teams will get more of your tax revenue this year then Afghan refugees will.

I bet that Nike got more of your tax money last year than the refugees will get this year.

I bet Archer-Daniels-Midland got more of your tax money last year than the refugees will get this year.

I don't like this BS any better but what I s its relevance?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Not at all what I said.

Every time you print a dollar, you take a dollar from the poorest in society, and hand it to the richest in society.

You should care more about where that money comes from and where it goes, because it's doing the exact opposite of what you want.

While I'm all for helping American citizens in need and don't believe a single native US citizen should ever go hungry, until there's not a single homeless or starving person left in this country, not a PENNY of aid should go to one of these people.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Meh.

Nobody was forcing them to come and they passed plenty of room on their way to their illegal crossing.

I saw a report that they left behind their ID because if they had not it would have indicated that they had already received help and we're just moving on for a US upgrade...

The American people are being scammed by the bleeding hearts suckerd by those with bigger agendas. I believe there will be a special place in hell for those that abuse these people and abuse the generosity of Americans to further agendas...

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Every time you print a dollar, you take a dollar from the poorest in society, and hand it to the richest in society.

You should care more about where that money comes from and where it goes, because it's doing the exact opposite of what you want.

You make a lot of assumptions in making that claim.

While I'm all for helping American citizens in need and don't believe a single native US citizen should ever go hungry, until there's not a single homeless or starving person left in this country, not a PENNY of aid should go to one of these people.
    A large portion of the Afghan refugees have done more for the US than the majority of US citizens.

GPS coordinates at the time of birth have no relation to the inherent value of a person.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    To the original thread, not what it evolved into.
    How about they burn off the fat they collected coming to our border to pay the Iphone bill they have? We have all seen the pics of the ****ing "refugees" seeking asylum. Keep your powder dry everyone.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Lots of small business owners operating a sole proprietorship claim their business income on a personal return. While showing income of 400k+, many earn about 45~50k per year. Does this sound like they're not "financially pressed", especially after surviving lockdowns?

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

But Nike keeps their toiling servant class on the _other_ side of the border.

Last edited:

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    The "donations" are mostly from the government in the form of grants.

The [United States Conference of Catholic Bishops] collected $50 million for migration and refugee services for the year 2020, most of which came from the federal government,” Lepanto Institute President Michael Hichbor told the news site Church Militant.

My money!! Money borrowed in my name...
    Definitely a case of identity theft.

Top Bottom