• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The "donations" are mostly from the government in the form of grants.

The [United States Conference of Catholic Bishops] collected $50 million for migration and refugee services for the year 2020, most of which came from the federal government,” Lepanto Institute President Michael Hichbor told the news site Church Militant.

My money!! Money borrowed in my name...
    Not what I have seen and sorted but I touched no money.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    You make a lot of assumptions in making that claim.

A large portion of the Afghan refugees have done more for the US than the majority of US citizens.

GPS coordinates at the time of birth have no relation to the inherent value of a person.
    We did more than enough for them over the last 20 years the cowards shouldn't have thrown it all away in a matter of days.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    The "donations" are mostly from the government in the form of grants.

The [United States Conference of Catholic Bishops] collected $50 million for migration and refugee services for the year 2020, most of which came from the federal government,” Lepanto Institute President Michael Hichbor told the news site Church Militant.

My money!! Money borrowed in my name...
    That group definitely found their gravy train.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    We did more than enough for them over the last 20 years the cowards shouldn't have thrown it all away in a matter of days.
    I wasn't aware that we evacuated the cowardly Afghan military who managed to cave in two days after twenty years of training.

I was under the impression that for the most part the evacuees were Afghan civilians who worked for the US military. People who were intimidated, threatened with torture and death of themselves and their families for their assistance to our military.

At least that's the impression I get from people like this...

Of course I tend to put more faith in the judgement of men like Mr Robichaux to get the right people out than our .gov.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Anyone want to take any of these bets?:

I bet the owners of professional sports teams will get more of your tax revenue this year then Afghan refugees will.

I bet that Nike got more of your tax money last year than the refugees will get this year.

I bet Archer-Daniels-Midland got more of your tax money last year than the refugees will get this year.
    explain how Nike and Archer Daniels get tax money.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I wasn't aware that we evacuated the cowardly Afghan military who managed to cave in two days after twenty years of training.

I was under the impression that for the most part the evacuees were Afghan civilians who worked for the US military. People who were intimidated, threatened with torture and death of themselves and their families for their assistance to our military.

Of course I tend to put more faith in the judgement of men like Mr Robichaux to get the right people out than our .gov.

The Afghan army isn't cowardly. They were only opportunists who were in the army to collect the pay the US gave them in cold, hard cash.

As soon as the plane loads of CASH stopped arriving in Kabul, the government and Army disappeared.

Strange coincidence.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

I wasn't aware that we even knew down to the person that those scrambling to get in the gates had ever worked for us. Reports from those working in the compound said nobody really knew who they were they were just putting them on planes. I agree though I would trust those that were working behind the scenes more than I would trust anybody else. The gov has never really been that interested in bringing over the interpreters or those that helped us. There were people that had been waiting ten years to try to get over here despite character references and pleas from those in the military that worked with them. They were always in danger but we didn't seem to care then, now we do? Those were the ones that had some semblance of a backbone, patriotism, and work ethic, not the ones the democrats want here. Who do you think the democrats would rather have here, someone that stood shoulder to shoulder with our military or the run of mill dependent goat herder? Based on the reports coming from the Posts and Bases regarding their behavior I don't see where they have much to offer.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    explain how Nike and Archer Daniels get tax money.

Via a negative tax rate. (Fiigures in millions of dollars, then effective tax rate)

in millions of dollars

Company NameU.S. Pre-Tax IncomeCurrent Federal Income TaxEffective Tax Rate
    Archer Daniels Midland$438.00$−164.00−37.4%

Nike$2,873.00$−109.00−3.8%

https://itep.org/55-profitable-corporations-zero-corporate-tax/ has many more examples and explains how negative tax rates occur, but it's basically accounting games due to losses having a different rate than profits and being able to shuffle income between years to create losses where no actual loss occurred.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Anyone want to take any of these bets?:

I bet the owners of professional sports teams will get more of your tax revenue this year then Afghan refugees will.

I bet that Nike got more of your tax money last year than the refugees will get this year.

I bet Archer-Daniels-Midland got more of your tax money last year than the refugees will get this year.
    So the argument is two wrongs make a right? I bet Planned Parenthood got more of our tax money last year than all three of them did/will but that doesn't move the needle towards acceptance in any way

What about the Haitians at the border, couldn't they be counted on to vote Democratic?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You should care more about where that money comes from and where it goes, because it's doing the exact opposite of what you want.
    I would argue it is doing exactly what he wants - salving his conscience at no real cost to him

Far too many people are 'Government should do something' over 'I should do something'. It is a form of feel-good slacktivism

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The American people are being scammed by the bleeding hearts suckerd by those with bigger agendas. I believe there will be a special place in hell for those that abuse these people and abuse the generosity of Americans to further agendas...
    Unfortunately, the ones pushing those agendas don't believe in Hell or judgement, and won't until it is too late

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Via a negative tax rate. (Fiigures in millions of dollars, then effective tax rate)

in millions of dollars

Company NameU.S. Pre-Tax IncomeCurrent Federal Income TaxEffective Tax Rate
    Archer Daniels Midland$438.00$−164.00−37.4%

Nike$2,873.00$−109.00−3.8%

https://itep.org/55-profitable-corporations-zero-corporate-tax/ has many more examples and explains how negative tax rates occur, but it's basically accounting games due to losses having a different rate than profits and being able to shuffle income between years to create losses where no actual loss occurred.
    Those are not examples of a negative tax rate since losses and expenses can be carried forward. A single years tax return doesn't make the case you are trying to make.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    The paid zilch in Federal Income Taxes?
    On what income? Writing off losses and depreciation are long established parts of the tax code. If you would like to debate whether those items are bad policy i can certainly entertain the argument.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    On what income? Writing off losses and depreciation are long established parts of the tax code. If you would like to debate whether those items are bad policy i can certainly entertain the argument.

Nope. Not following you down that rabbit hole. Plus, with a bit of research, you could make a declarative statement rather than an open query.

Top Bottom