OH will recognize IN LTCH in the near future!!!!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Fine and dandy, except pay attention for places of business with the "no guns" signs that we all find so amusing here, as they have force of law in buckeye country.

That's true of every other state that you might carry in. You need to be familiar with the laws of every state that you carry in/through.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Fine and dandy, except pay attention for places of business with the "no guns" signs that we all find so amusing here, as they have force of law in buckeye country.

Yea, but I highly doubt they would arrest you if you leave when asked. Not much of a concern for someone who conceals though.

You should always be aware of the laws though.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

Note: not the "no guns" signs that *only* have the "no smoking" symbol. Only the signs that materially include wording as defined in the statutes bear the force of law. For example, the wording on this sign:

View attachment 34288

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    OK, you be the first to test it and report back. ;)

I'm sure it has already been tested.

However, personally if I ran a business the last thing I would want to do is have a patron arrested for simply ignoring a sign. If they leave when asked then great. Of course some people are so anti-gun they wouldn't care about the business they would lose from not only that person but others who witness it and all their families.

Also, so glad that Ohio will finally honor Indiana. Will be especially great for those who live along their border and possibly travel into ohio daily for things like work. Now if only Illinois would realize they are part of the united states and start respecting people's rights we would be surrounded by states that honor Indiana.

Last edited:

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I'm sure it has already been tested.

However, personally if I ran a business the last thing I would want to do is have a patron arrested for simply ignoring a sign. If they leave when asked then great. Of course some people are so anti-gun they wouldn't care about the business they would lose from not only that person but others who witness it and all their families.

Also, so glad that Ohio will finally honor Indiana. Will be especially great for those who live along their border and possibly travel into ohio daily for things like work. Now if only Illinois would realize they are part of the united states and start respecting people's rights we would be surrounded by states that honor Indiana.

:rofl::hehe: Best laugh I've had all day.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The legislation will take effect in 90 days from 12/19/2014

birdman-hand-rub.gif

modeltman1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2012
    Don't hold your breath on this one. Maybe you should set your eyes on a more realistic goal first - such as world peace.
    Maybe........ but if they can find a way into your wallet they might swing in the other direction

modeltman1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2012
    Yes you can. But it would be nice to LEGALLY carry it out of the car when you want to take a stroll around Chi-town-oh I can only dream.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Myself and a bunch of my family members just took the basic handgun course required to get a Florida non resident permit, for the sole purpose of being able to carry in Ohio! Oh well, we had a lot of fun and lot's of laughs, it was worth it.
    Not a total loss since your FL non-resident also gets you New Mexico. I need mine when driving to AZ to visit my son in Phoenix.

Top Bottom